Reading Mojo?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since joining BCF my reading mojo has increased. Up until then I had bursts of reading then not touch a book for months, now I constantly have a book on the go.

I'm suffering from a bit of a wobbly mojo at the moment, but that's due to the fact that the book and audio book I'm currently reading and listening to aren't really grabbing me much. To have two at once is hitting my mojo quite hard. I had a bit of a mojo-loss a while back, but I seem to be back on track again now (apart from this little semi-blip).

Kell, you need to get to No Human's Involved - I'm loving it! :D
I bought it last weekend - am dying to read it, but I've set myself a schedule of certain books I need to read this month - After I finish my reading circle books (the last one is The Bell Jar, which I'm reading now), I need to read Jane Eyre, so I can read The Eyre Affair. Then I need to read a chunk. After THAT, I can read No Humans Involved and Broken Skin (by Stuart MacBride). See how my mojo is well and truly tickled by that line-up!

I lost my mojo for at least a week last month when I was sick. Since then I've been reading much more than I usually would (probably trying to make up for lost time). I hope I don't overdo it and lose it again - I have too many books that need to be read!

okay I am obviously not so cool - what is mojo? Apart from a sweet I used to eat as a kid.

I presume its something about motivation for reading?

I am a plodder, I read every day and just plod on with whatever I have selected to read - I would rarely stop reading something - last one I abandoned was 'The Undomestic Goddess' - contrived and dull - how did it stay at No 1 bestseller list for so long? ;)

I have lost my mojo several times in the last year, usually for two or three weeks at a time. Then I go mad reading anything and everything , catching up for lost time. There is not enough time, alas for reading and writing! And art, and gardening, and crafts and music etc...sob.

Currently reading The Bell Jar. I think the mojo will stay for that, judging by the first few pages.

Pp

H&D wrote

okay I am obviously not so cool - what is mojo? Apart from a sweet I used to eat as a kid.

I didn't know either!! OH says it's the power / motivation to do something - it's taken from a film. I think he said from an Austin Powers one.

I am one of the lucky ones I guess. I read everyday without fail. The only times when my reading drops to a lower level is when I am dog-tired or ill, even then I aim for about 30 pages.

It makes me feel faint at the sheer thought of losing my mojo ;)

I try and read 50 a day - this makes me pick the book up even if I've not got long because it might mean getting through just 10. I've noticed that some books I can read at a page a minute and most at a page every 2 mins.

happyanddandy, yes, mojo is, I believe, taken from Austin Powers, when he loses his mojo.

I am not doing very well with my current book, but I think I am just feeling generally unmotivated at the moment. I'm feeling guilty about not doing housework, even though I am mostly doing what I want to, and I don't get the time to read much. I am very much enjoying the book now..

I've lost the reading bug at the moment, but I think that is probably due to most of my time being taken up by revision. Once I have spent most of the day revising, I usually don't feel like reading anything else.

I'll probably get back to reading once the exams are over.

I've lost the reading bug at the moment, but I think that is probably due to most of my time being taken up by revision. Once I have spent most of the day revising, I usually don't feel like reading anything else.

I'll probably get back to reading once the exams are over.

Oh yes Liz, that's completely normal - I used to feel like my brain would explode if I tried to read anything on top of my revision!

But it's amazing how you soon want to get back to reading - especially since it's of your own choice ;)