Reading Mojo?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

last year for about 10 months, first time it ever happened, I have to say I found it very distressing ,my mother threatened to have me booked in somewhere, my husband was rather pleased he said i actually listened to him for a change ( i didnt )so i have been taking it slowly with books now.

About a year and a half ago I lost my reading mojo, then I joined here months later and it slowly but surely came back x

Guest fireball

It's a fate worse then death when the reading Mojo does a runner on you.!

Only when I'm really ill, thank God it VERY rarely happens to me, does reading take a nose dive.! scared.giffaint2.gif

Reading's about the only addiction that theres no known cure ;) and I HATE with a vengeance, when the reading Mojo goes AOWL. OOOh the inhumanity of it all.! Cry.gif

Well I can honestly say I have never lost my reading mojo and never imagined there was such a thing! I always have a book on the go. It's the most natural thing in the world for me! I might give up on a particular book but I always find something else to read instead. :roll:

But I don't make myself read a set amount or anything. I just read a few pages or so depending on how much time I've got then settle down for a longer read at the end of the day before switching off the light.B)

When I went to uni I kinda stopped completely. For two years I must have read about four books. I just didn't have time and then I lost concentration. Didn't actually stop me buying them though.

But since just before christmas I started reading a lot again, in libraries. I'm wondering if my reading mojo will start to lack when I move home... there isn't really any place to go to read around here. Local library is like a children's playground and the coffee is terrible. The cafes and places are always too cramped. B)

I lose my reading mojo when I have a lot of school work, it's really sad, but all I can think about is school work and when that is done I'm just too tired. I think I may have one of those periods right now. I do want to read but I can't bring myself to do it, because I know that I have other things to do. It's awful.

Guest fireball

:roll: To here you've a dose of the blues etheline, but once you've done a dusted school and uni the worlds your wotsits and all that, 'sides speaking as an old fart B) being a grown up's an awfull hassle really, mainly real life has a tendency to intrude a fair amount.! Another thing to look forward to though, is, you'll not be the age you are now or ever again, remember, in ways the life you're leading now will be the happiest. The best news is you'll be a LOT more wiser and even better lookin' :) And you'll ALWAYS have your beloved books in good times and sad. So enjoy it now, 'cause believe it or not,.... You'll miss it.

And Icecream ditto. :D:hide: !

I lose it now and again..but I think it has to do with what you are reading at the moment as well. When I am trying to read a book that does not really grab my attention, I kind of lose interest, but still feel as if I have to "go through it!" sounds crazy when I see it in black and white, but it's a fact.

:) To here you've a dose of the blues etheline, but once you've done a dusted school and uni the worlds your wotsits and all that, 'sides speaking as an old fart B) being a grown up's an awfull hassle really, mainly real life has a tendency to intrude a fair amount.! Another thing to look forward to though, is, you'll not be the age you are now or ever again, remember, in ways the life you're leading now will be the happiest. The best news is you'll be a LOT more wiser and even better lookin' :D And you'll ALWAYS have your beloved books in good times and sad. So enjoy it now, 'cause believe it or not,.... You'll miss it.

Yeah, I'm not that depressed :roll: I'm just saying I wish I had more time to read, but when this week is over, I'll have more time to read.

Guest fireball
Yeah, I'm not that depressed :) I'm just saying I wish I had more time to read, but when this week is over, I'll have more time to read.
:roll: give 'im hell girl...And you will.! :D B):readingtwo:

• 11 months later...

Aw thank you Michelle that is very kind of you!

The thing is I have loads of great books waiting to be read and i'm reading The Memory Keepers Daughter at the moment which is also good but not quite good enough....

I think it's me not the books as I am quite happy reading newspapers and magazines at the moment. Perhaps i'm being a bit too figgity to sit still and read. :smile2: