How Many in your TBR Pile

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have finally gotten under the 300 mark in my TBR pile :lol:. I was considering putting my TBR books in a separate bookcase when I was organising them, but seeing as they make up almost half of my entire collection, they would have taken up an entire bookcase on their own, and that's just too daunting.

Oh no!! I've got over 600 books on my tbr - yes really:smile2::lol::)

Yup, guilty on that count as well. At least that is what my Good Reads profile tells me, however that is only of the books I've input there, which is only about 1/3rd. But as far as I can remember of the ones I've not listed yet I only have a couple of hundred that I have not read yet.

Lovely, I mean after all, one never knows what will happen does one? :lol:

:lol::readingtwo:

600????? Is that including books you want to read but don't have yet, or is it just the unread books you already have waiting to be read?

600????? Is that including books you want to read but don't have yet, or is it just the unread books you already have waiting to be read?

That is only books I actually own and are unread. Oh, now if you want a list of ones I want to buy/read...I couldn't even begin to put a number on that. :lol:

As I said, I haven't been inputting all new books into Good Reads, as their input system is a bit cumbersome sometimes.

http://www.goodreads.com/review/list/380014?shelf=to-read

My hubby would go SPARE if I had that many unread books in the flat - there'd be no room for us in there - LOL! He got edgy when I had just over 150...

They are all books I own and haven't got around to reading yet, or in a few cases, books that I read years ago and want to reread. My husband thinks it's quite funny really - I tend to buy 4 or 5 books a week every week! Although in recent weeks I have slowed down on my buying drastically. I read fairly quickly though, so I do get through them at quite a good pace. The thing is that hubby loves reading too, so in addition to my books, he also has shelves of books.

They are all books I own and haven't got around to reading yet, or in a few cases, books that I read years ago and want to reread. My husband thinks it's quite funny really - I tend to buy 4 or 5 books a week every week! Although in recent weeks I have slowed down on my buying drastically. I read fairly quickly though, so I do get through them at quite a good pace. The thing is that hubby loves reading too, so in addition to my books, he also has shelves of books.

LOL When I nick onto an author I know I like, I'll buy a bunch of theirs, [especially if I see a pile of them at the second hand store in good condition] and then there are series. I've only read about 6 of the James Lee Burke detective {Robichaux}, but have the whole series, I think it's 20 something books. I intend to read them in order of publication, but he is so intense I can't read them all in a row. I have several series of that nature.

LOL When I nick onto an author I know I like, I'll buy a bunch of theirs, [especially if I see a pile of them at the second hand store in good condition] and then there are series. I've only read about 6 of the James Lee Burke detective {Robichaux}, but have the whole series, I think it's 20 something books. I intend to read them in order of publication, but he is so intense I can't read them all in a row. I have several series of that nature.

Yes, I do that too. For example, I have the entire No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency series of books, but have only read the first three up until now.

Guest Tiresias

A major contributor to Mt. TBR is the second-hand bookshop, because when you pop in to "browse", there is a strong urge to pick up the inevitable finds at a good price, before someone else gets them.

Because i live in a non-English-speaking country, I have to order all my books online. Since moving here, all my new books are new and Mt. TBR has shrunken drastically.

Because i live in a non-English-speaking country, I have to order all my books online. Since moving here, all my new books are new and Mt. TBR has shrunken drastically.

It's good that you can actually get them delivered. I expect it's not cheap.

Guest Tiresias

There's a very good distributor in Seoul. Shipping is free if you spend over 50,000 won (that's about 50 US dollars) and everything arrives within three weeks.

For a while I was getting books through Amazon and paying as much again for shipping and waiting up to 6 weeks. Grrrrr.

One advantage of ordering online is books arrive pristine and plastic-wrapped, whereas even a lot of new books at the bookshop are shopworn. And (as I said) the cost and inconvenience brings down Mt. TBR.

you could always join a site like Book mooch and swap some of your old books that you no longer want - you get books sent to you at no cost to yourself and gani points to "spend" on other bookks when you send books out as requested. You never have to pay any more than the postage on the books you send out. That could help cut down the costs a great deal for you. :friends0:

There are approximately 80 next to the bed - I gave up counting the other smaller piles around the house.

Ha I know what you mean I am a bit of a spreader a batchelors perogative. shelves full of magazines about thirty years of readers digest and loads of novels my home is a bit of a library in a mess

Guest Tiresias
you could always join a site like Book mooch and swap some of your old books that you no longer want - you get books sent to you at no cost to yourself and gani points to "spend" on other bookks when you send books out as requested. You never have to pay any more than the postage on the books you send out. That could help cut down the costs a great deal for you. :friends0:

Thanks for the info. I'll look into that. :)