Kylie

Rest in Peace

I was so sorry to hear this news. He was only 57.. may he rest in peace :(.

I was away for a few days when I heard the news about Prince - so shocking how many have died this year. 

They are saying that he stayed awake for 154 hours straight.  I wouldn't have thought this was possible.

That's a crazy-long time to stay awake, Shirley, yikes!

It's still obviously in the news here in Minneapolis, but his cause of death is still a mystery.  There are still big crowds at Paisley Park, with lots of tributes and purple flowers and balloons decorating the fence surrounding his home/studio.

Sad :(.  RIP Prince.

Earl Hamner, jr died on March 24, 2016. Many of the "older" forum members will know him from The Waltons TV show which he created. The Waltons was based on his hometown of Schuyler, Virginia situated on the East side of the Blue Ridge Mountains. I have visited Schuyler a number of times and just yesterday I was within 12 - 15 miles of Schuyler. :)

In any case, may he RIP.

Edited by muggle not

Another tragic week - so sad about Victoria Wood, and then Prince too - I wasn't a fan but it's still very sad news.

He was THE greatest boxer ever. A true champion, activist and philanthropist. Arrogant, cocky and silver tongued he knew the power of words and he never backed down. "Its not bragging if you can back it up."

R.I.P.

Edited by Virginia

He was a great character. I remember our Henry Cooper broke his jaw  and he still carried on fighting. They wouldn't allow that nowadays.

Too bad he suffered so in his life, I always wanted a Boxer (dog) named Ali :)

Ali was marvelous.  We caught an old show (yesterday) that he'd been interviewed on back in the 70's, 1974 or 1976 I think.  He was so absolutely clear on his beliefs, and refused to be cornered into saying anything he didn't want to.  No matter how the panel tried to pin him down, he refused, with grace.

Shocking news about the death of Anton Yelchin. I watched him years ago in Hank Azaria`s show Huff, and he was an extraordinary actor even at that young age. RIP.

^ I saw him in Criminal Minds, years ago, and he did such a great job in that episode! I was shocked to read about his death :( 

2016 can do one - it's officially the suckiest year ever for people dying! Not content with killing off our "vintage" stars, it's now started picking off the young ones too. It just sucks. It totally sucks!!!

It's very sad, he was far too young. 

It's going to make Star Trek: Beyond more poignant next month.

I was very saddened to hear this news. It's so sad, he was so young :(. RIP.

RIP, Gene Wilder (Charlie and the Chocolate Factory). I really loved his offbeat humor and quirkiness. 

I hadn't heard that sad news. I really liked him too. Surprised he was 83 and suffering from Alzheimer's.