Your Book Activity Today - Thread 10

Janet

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finished The Reckoning the third part of the YA Kelley Armstrong books and really enjoyed it, i now want more of them and I want them to meet up with the adults...hmmm

I am now part way through the third part of the Zodiac series and picked up Kushiels Dart from the library.

Read about 100 pages of The Bone Garden. Riveting stuff.:D

I loved that book, Coffin Nail! Good choice :lol:.

I'm not too far into Industrial Magic yet, but am enjoying it immensely, as usual!

I am 119 pages into Lyonesse by Jack Vance, a re-read from many years ago.

I have banned myself from Amazon for a week or two in order to get my TBR pile down. But I picked up a couple of charity shop books on the way to work; Trainspotting by Irvine Walsh (the full novel) and To Live Forever by Jack Vance. This was a real find! one of only three JV books that I have not read. So I had to buy it.

I have finished Hunted by P.C & Kirstin Cast. I read pretty much all of the book today. I did no housework and the kids had a VERY long time in the indoor ball park :D

I could not put the book down and I have just ordered the next one. (Will do my backlog of reviews when my reading mojo disappears hopefuly not for while :lol: )

Slight change in genre now I have had The Ghost by Robert Harris on my list for a while I then found out by my OH that a movie is coming out based on it and he really wants to see it as it is his sort of thing. So because of this this is my next read. Going Ok so far.

I have finished The Hunger Games, which I really enjoyed. It's a new favourite of mine :D

I also bought:

Catching Fire (Hunger Games, Book 2)

Feed by M.T. Anderson

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare

Gifts by Ursula Le Guin

Gone by Michael Grant

If you can't tell, I'm in the mood for some supernatural powers/dystopian fiction :lol: Now I just need to wait for them to arrive - I hate bank holidays, no post!

I bought ~

Now by Morris Gleitman

Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame~Smith

White is for Witching by Helen Oyeyemi

The Forest of Hands & Teeth by Carrie Ryan

:D

I bought ~

White is for Witching by Helen Oyeyemi

Ooh I'm interested in that one, I know some people have found it a difficult read, but it looks intriguing and it's on my wishlist.

Look forward to hearing what you make of it.

I am 119 pages into Lyonesse by Jack Vance, a re-read from many years ago.

I have banned myself from Amazon for a week or two in order to get my TBR pile down. But I picked up a couple of charity shop books on the way to work; Trainspotting by Irvine Walsh (the full novel) and To Live Forever by Jack Vance. This was a real find! one of only three JV books that I have not read. So I had to buy it.

Nice job finding Trainspotting, vodkafan! :D And you're right, seems like you had no alternative but to buy the JV book.

I read more of The Crimson Petal and the White last night, I think I'm off to a really slow start, hoping that things'll pick up soon.

Finished George RR Martin's A Feast For Crows last night. Brilliant! Now the wait for the next instalment. And then the next, and the next :D:lol:

I've been reading Jan Guillou's Ondskan today. I'm getting kind of hooked on it, I might finish it later today. I was also thinking about checking out some flea marrkets on my way downtown, I'd like to buy some books with the coins I have left from the fun times of this weekend...

After a couple of days away to Manchester i have gone MAD on books! I lived the main Waterstones in the city and spent 2 hours browsing the 3 storey building and walked away with 10 books, including some on business which are relevant to my career and a few true crime ones, including the new book by Carol Ann Lee called "The Life and Death of Myra Hindley". I know a lot about the case but still find it fascinating enough to read a book on it.

It'd make an excellent movie!

Yes, thats exactly what I thought too! :D

Tess has allowed a tv series to be made based on the Rizzoli & Isles series, out soonish I think, not sure what I think about that idea tho, I just hope it will be as good as the books, so maybe a film will be made in the future you never know.

Edited by chrysalis_stage

Finished the Bone Garden. Got a 100 pages in and that was it, couldn't put it down. Fantastic read.

So glad you liked it, Coffin Nail! Didn't you find the stuff about the resurrectionists intriguing? I loved reading about that and flashing back and forth between the centuries :D.

I'm only on page 100 in Industrial Magic! Man, I just have had not as much time as I'd like lately to read it. I'm enjoying reading about Paige and Lucas again though, and hope to get more in today.