Your Book Activity Today - Thread 10

Janet

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello peoples :lol::irked:!

I'm pretty sure I never read Milly Molly Mandy as a child - I was obviously deprived ;) I technically have a book on the go already but I was so zombified today as to make anything more complex than MMM seem out of my reach...!

Started Tales of the Otherworld today unfortunately I had to some to work right in the middle of a story but its waiting for me at home...I can hear it calling dam work for getting in the way of my enjoyment!

Started Tales of the Otherworld today unfortunately I had to some to work right in the middle of a story but its waiting for me at home...I can hear it calling dam work for getting in the way of my enjoyment!

Tell me about it! I was 20 pages away from finishing my book this morning when I had to go to work! Boooo to work!

I'm still reading Wolf Hall. I absolutely love it but for some reason it is taking me ages to read :irked: It is quite a big book and it is rather in depth but I know the general story (Henry VIII/Anne Boleyn) so, I'm not sure why it is taking me so long. Ahwell ;) I'd say I've been reading more recently too thanks for the lovely weather outside :lol:

I'm sewing and listening to What Katy Did by Susan Coolidge :irked: I've got about 50 pages of The White Queen by Philippa Gregory so I should get it finished later ;)

Glad you enjoyed Bel-Ami, Chesil! Are you excited for the film? ;)

I have about 75 pages left of 'Unacceptable Risk' and boy am I glad about that! I think I might pay money to be able to slap some sense into these main characters :).

My new job is right round the corner from the library. I might never have another fine to pay.:)

Today I borrowed;

Karin Slaughter--Triptych which I'd read a bit of before but had to give back to the library as someone had ordered it.

Jasper Fforde--The Fourth Bear. A new one on me.

James Patterson--Judge and Jury. It's co-written and I was curious to see if that works out or not.

W.Somerset Maugham--Catalina

Tess Gerritsen--The Bone Garden

Kimberley Warner Cohen--Sex, Blood and Rock 'n' Roll. It's graphic and probably very rude. It's been compared to Bret Easton Ellis......hmmm we'll see.

Edited by Coffin Nail

Struggled to the end of 'The Subtle Knife', found it hard going. Need a rest before tackling 'The Amber Spyglass'.

Jim

The Amber Spyglass is the best of the three imo, (close call) I loved it, I hope you do too when you feel ready to tackle it, don't let the size put you off.

I wanted it to go on much more, especially in the Mulefa's world. :)

The Amber Spyglass is the best of the three imo, (close call) I loved it, I hope you do too when you feel ready to tackle it, don't let the size put you off.

I wanted it to go on much more, especially in the Mulefa's world. :)

Thanks for the encouragement; I have renewed it from the library & will probably commence sometime mid - end of may; just need a complete change now; Rankin, Pratchett or Niffenegger? Decisions; decisions!

Jim

Bought 6 Penguin popular classics off Amazon:

The Turn of the Screw - Henry James

Crime and Punishment - Dostoyevsky

Vanity Fair - William Thackeray

The Thirty-Nine Steps - John Buchan

Candide - Voltaire

Les Miserables - Victor Hugo

Yeessss I'm so excited! :3

I wanted it to go on much more, especially in the Mulefa's world.

Hmm, I just wanted to say that the Subtle Knife was the best in my opinion. Did you really like the ending of the last book? I love the trilogy in itself but I had all too many complaints about that ending...

I very naughtily bought some new books today:

Possession by A. S. Byatt

The Earth Hums In B Flat by Mari Strachan

The Complete Short Stories Of Oscar Wilde

And I also bought a copy of The Godfather for my friend's girlfriend, because she recently saw the film and loved it :)

I very naughtily bought some new books today:

Possession by A. S. Byatt

The Earth Hums In B Flat by Mari Strachan

The Complete Short Stories Of Oscar Wilde

And I also bought a copy of The Godfather for my friend's girlfriend, because she recently saw the film and loved it :tong:

I've got Possession on my shelf (but I think there is an unwritten rule that you can only read one Byatt per six months, same goes for David Mitchell :))

I loved The Earth Hums in B Flat, it was one of my favourite reads last year.

I've been thinking, for a long time now, of downloading Stephen Fry reading A Selection of Oscar Wilde's Short Stories at Audible (the combination of Wilde/Fry is too irresistible). I must get around to it.

Anyway, good books Noll and not only because I have them/loved them/want them .. although, of course, mainly it is that ;)