Your Book Activity Today - Thread 10

Janet

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Picked up The White Queen by Philippa Gregory

Ooo this is one of the books I have on the go at the moment, hoping to get it finished today :irked:

I finished Catch 22 and loved it. It made me laugh and nearly made me cry too!

Started Labyrinth by Kate Mosse but I'm not sure I like it. It's not really bad but I don't really want to pick it up. So I started the 3rd Merry Gentry book which I'm already a third of the way through, who doesn't love sexy fairies?:irked:

Sounds like an interesting read on the Vikings. My gr-grandfather came over from Norway so I've always been interested in his background.

I didn't get much reading in of 'Acceptable Risk' over the weekend, but I'm a little over halfway finished. Tbh I'm kind of bothered because I really don't like the main characters for some reason! Both the man and woman seem so wimpy that I'm finding it really hard to enjoy it. I love the subject matter, but I just want to scream at the characters! :irked:

The Book People were in our building today and I didn't buy anything!:lol:

Truth be told there weren't many decent books out. All there seemed to be were childrens books and cookery books.:irked:

I've noticed at my work and my mum's work the book people keep taking kids books and cookery books or other bits and bobs in, never adult fiction these days,when they have plenty of them in stock, maybe if they did they would sell more. ;)

I had a good day for finding interesting books at my shop today. Picked up:

Roaring Camp: The Social World of the California Gold Rush by Susan Lee Johnson

Which Lie Did I Tell? by William Goldman

The Faber Book of Church and Clergy edited by A.N. Wilson

The Great Influenza: The Epic Story of the Deadliest Plague in History by John M. Barry

Watching the English by Kate Fox

The Reality Dysfunction by Peter F. Hamilton

Woop!

Also read some more of The Angry Island: Hunting the English by A.A. Gill.

Read a couple of hundred pages of Bel-Ami so far and thoroughly enjoying it.

Made the mistake of visiting Waterstone's, just to have a look round, obviously, so I didn't really mean to buy ...

Nocturnes by Kazuo Ishiguro

Adventures on the High Teas by Stuart Maconie

Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater

Tales of the Otherworld by Kelley Armstrong

Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead

Dracula by Bram Stoker

... but they just sort of jumped off the shelves at me, begging me to buy they and take them home to be read. How could I say "No" to that? :irked:

One of those ones I thought Kookie might enjoy, of course, I will be able to read it too! :lol:

Dracula by Bram Stoker

My favourite classic!

I want!

... but they just sort of jumped off the shelves at me, begging me to buy they and take them home to be read. How could I say "No" to that? ;)

Of course you couldn't, you did the right thing :irked:

As for me, my mojo still on it's holidays. I've no clue when it will be back :eek:

Read a couple of hundred pages of Bel-Ami so far and thoroughly enjoying it.

Made the mistake of visiting Waterstone's, just to have a look round, obviously, so I didn't really mean to buy ...

Nocturnes by Kazuo Ishiguro

Adventures on the High Teas by Stuart Maconie

Dracula by Bram Stoker

... but they just sort of jumped off the shelves at me, begging me to buy they and take them home to be read. How could I say "No" to that? :irked:

Read shiver, and thought it was Ok. A very quick plesant read. Dracula, well what can i say, classic.

I have thought about getting the Vampire academy but not sure. Look forward to your review.

I read Milly Molly Mandy Stories by [i Forget] today. A good, old-fashioned kid's read it was, like a Famous Five for younger 'uns.

I dunno...she sneaks back in here with Milly Molly Mandy after getting us all worried....hi Giulia :irked: