Your Favorite Ice Cream Flavor

muggle not

Reading all these ice-cream flavours I can't help thinking of an italian ice-cream like dessert called granita, which is one of the most delicious things I've ever tasted. It's made out of ice, sugar and a main flavour: lemon, almond, strawberry, black mulberry...

If you ever visit Sicily granita, especially on the west coast, is something you have to try :)

Said that my favourite granita flavour is coffee dashed with almond. :D

One of the chocolat houses here in belgium has chocolate granita and yes i love those things aswell I go to the chocolat place in the summer because of the granita :D

As it's coming up to summer, just thought I'd re-post. I have to usually be careful with eating icecream and generally sweet things, because of my diabetes.

However, when I'm allowed the odd treat I tend to swing towards a nice scoop of strawberry. It's always been my long time favourite. Or nowadays you can't go wrong with a while magnum. :D

I don't often have ice cream these days, but growing up I would only eat peppermint bon-bon, or what I guess you could also call mint chocolate chip. My parents would always stop at this tiny town on the way up to our cabin, and I would get the same ice cream every time.

We have this place downtown called Sebastian Joe's, and they have a ton of flavors, with a lot of them being very, very odd. My friend once tried the garlic flavored and couldn't even finish it, it was so disgusting, lol.

Home soon :) yay: Italy = best icecream in the world! I'm going to get me down to the parlour in front of my old primary school, the one that's so good it has been known to inspire queues in the middle of winter, the one with 30-odd homemade flavours, and get me my staple cone: melon, yoghurt, liquorice and cinnamon. YUMMEH!

The best ice cream is made at the Penn State Creamery. Browse the list of their flavors. They come from all over the world to learn how to make ice cream the way it is made at Penn State. My favorite is still teaberry, I would walk many a mile for it. :she:

http://creamery.psu.edu/Default.htm

• 1 month later...
Home soon :) yay: Italy = best icecream in the world! I'm going to get me down to the parlour in front of my old primary school, the one that's so good it has been known to inspire queues in the middle of winter, the one with 30-odd homemade flavours, and get me my staple cone: melon, yoghurt, liquorice and cinnamon. YUMMEH!

Years ago, we went on holiday to Florence, and OMG the ice-cream was amazing! I could have quite happily lived off it for the entire holiday, but we were in Italy so couldn't ignore the other wonderful food :)

Favourite flavour would have to be pistachio.

• 2 months later...

Oh, you have to try Phish Food! It's my favourite one - the Ben & Jerry flavour I want to try most is Mission To Marzipan but as far as I know you can't get it in the UK :D