How many books do you own?

Verre

All of Darren Shans books= 25(not counting city of snake)

The Spooks series(or The Last Aprrentice)= 9(counting 2 companion books) and getting 8th one for my bday(in a week)

Percy Jackson= 5

Heroes of Oylimpus= 1

The Kane Chronicals= 1(Getting 2nd for bday)

All the Skulduggery Pleasent = 6 or 7?

Goosebumps= 22

And a lot of others(prob about 225-30)

I'm only 13 :)

I'm meant 25-30

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I counted about 2 years ago and it was at just over 2500 then, I know for a fact I've acquired over a thousand since then, so somewhere between 3500-3700. Conservatively.

:eek: My goodness!

The moment an obsession was born . . .

:haha: So now you've taken to trawling through old posts to find more ways to mock me? :P

Maybe I did subconsciously start up a competition with Pontalba. :huh: That would explain why I now appear to be buying books at the same rate that Pontalba was.

How many books do you own, Raven? And how many of them are unread?

At least I'll never reach this amount. I'd give anything to go to Canada and sort out those 350,000 books. *drools* And no, Raven, I wouldn't even want to take (m)any home with me.

Edited by Kylie

How about a ballpark figure? One hundred? One thousand? One hundred thousand?

I see I'm going to have to visit you one day and take you book shopping. Five or six just isn't good enough, Raven. :P

Hmm...interesting topic! I'm very jealous of some of your huge collections!

I really have no idea how many I have. They're scattered throughout my parents house, my living room, bedroom and study. I'd guess at about 600ish. I really want to count them all now, perhaps a task for a rainy day!

I plan on never counting them. I don't want to know as it would probably spook my mojo away, and I'd feel compelled to get rid of some.

We have lots of reference books that take up a lot of space here, but I cannot see us culling any from them. My TBR shelves are managable, and as there is little space involved I won't include my Kindle books on any list! :D

1100-ish is an insane amount. I have about 80 :| I've only really started having a passion for reading over the last 3 years but still it's a meager amount compared to 1100.

Personally, I'd have real problems cutting my books down to that number. I suppose it's all relative. But then, I've had been a bookworm for knocking on 50 years, so that's been a rather longer time to accumulate!

Well I'm not even eighteen yet and on a rough estimate I'd say around 270 actual books, Kindle excluding - which is over a hundred but it's too easy to rack up a lot of books on there quite quickly. I hope one day to own thousands of books and have a nice collection in a library that I am determined to own. Seen as though I don't have much room at the minute this is a fantasy hope for the future, but looking around at all my books I am quite proud of what I have so far.

I'm reading a book at the moment called Buried in Books. I tell you, it's making me feel a whole lot better about my book (and specifically, my book-buying) addiction. :)

I think when I bought my place I envisaged just having the one room (my library) full of books. Now that it's almost full, I'm suddenly realising the potential of the rest of my place. I can fit soooo many more books in! :smile2:

• 1 month later...