What's the weather like?

Virginia

It's been around freezing temperature here as max temperature. At night it's a bit below freezing. It's quite cold :cold:. The water of the animals keeps being frozen even in the middle of the day. The pipes outside are frozen too so we have to go back inside to find a tap that works. It's a hassle. This morning it was 16 °C downstairs in the bakery, upstairs it was so cold the temperature was off the scale of the thermometer (below its lowest temperature). Yesterday it wasn't until after lunchtime that it got warmer in the house. The general woodheater just doesn't have enough strength to keep things fully warm in both the main house and in the bakery. We have our own woodheater on of course, but it takes a while to warm up. So I'm wearing lots of layers to keep warm.

Overcast with rain later today. It's been pretty warm the last few days which is driving me crazy. My yard looks like a sea of multi-colored leaves, the sky is gray and folks are walking around wearing shorts and sweaters....I blame Trump. I start off wearing a thick jacket and scarf but by the middle of the day, I'm down to short sleeves. 

There are definately no short anything here. The temperature hasn't gone far above freezing all day. It was about minus 6 degrees when I left for work just before 7.30am. I don't mind that much though, as I was well wrapped up in my thick walking trousers and padded jacket. My hands are starting to get quite dry though with the constant going from being warm indoors to cold outdoors.  

After having a while of really cold weather (-4 °C maximum), we're now enjoying some warmer weather (9 °C maximum) for a couple of days. They predict in a little while it'll go cold again, but I'm enjoying it while it lasts. As long as it doesn't rain much.