What's the weather like?

Virginia

• 2 weeks later...

We are at the highest level the state can issue for weather emergencies. Roads are closed. Downtown is awash. I don't foresee going to work tomorrow. I'm worried about all those homeless people that hang out down there. We have a shelter but I don't know if it can accommodate so many. Because its raining so hard my dog wont go out to do her business and she's thrown up three times this morning. She won't eat or drink because she knows doing so will make her have to go, so she has cut herself off. Sigh, as inconvenient as it can be there are some folks that are REALLY catching it. We've already had 4 flood related fatalities.People will NOT stay home when told to. Ugh. 

Sounds awful Virginia, all a result of Hurricane Joaquín I understand. Keep safe. France and Spain are having terrible flooding too with 16 reported dead so far, we are so fortunate in the UK that we rarely have flooding that causes fatalities. Hopefully the storms will ease off soon.

Pretty chilly today!  It's 45 right now and windy which makes it feel even cooler.  I just have to remind myself that this will be considered warm in a couple months so I need to appreciate it even still! :lol:

Edited by Peacefield

Autumn-y! The last couple days have just been dull and grey, but dry, not windy, just very passive weather. Today it's wet after some rain, the clouds are more blue/parting and the sun is breaking through a tiny bit and lighting up all the orange-y trees, so it's much nicer. Still what a lot of people would consider icky, but I love it!

That's a shame bobbly bear, it's been lovely here for the last couple of days, and quite mild too.  Rained all day Saturday though but since then it's been nice.  The trees are beginning to change colour now, and are looking lovely.