TWILIGHT Saga by Stephenie Meyer

KW

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it's 200+ pages but only about 12 chapters I think. They barely get to know each other in that little amount of paper!! She doesn't even get to the first kiss part. :lol: Annoying.

Why am I NOT surprised that she took 200 pages to say what could have been said in 8? This is a huge reason I was sooo glad to be done w/the Twilight Saga, despite actually enjoying the storyline! :lol:

I think that's how we all feel

THAT I never knew. :lol:

^You see, to me, it's pretty easy to guess what's on Edward's mind, so Midnight Sun is kinda.. I don't know, pointless? Cause you could guess that he was in pain and that he was thinking about Carlisle all throughout the biology class blahblahblah. It would've been better if she did something like...from Jacob's point of view or something.

Yeah, you can read Midnight Sun at her website, but beware, you can't print it out. She's such a tease!!

Guarantee you I could print it out if I wanted.

THAT I never knew. :lol:

^You see, to me, it's pretty easy to guess what's on Edward's mind, so Midnight Sun is kinda.. I don't know, pointless? Cause you could guess that he was in pain and that he was thinking about Carlisle all throughout the biology class blahblahblah. It would've been better if she did something like...from Jacob's point of view or something.

I actually really enjoyed Midnight Sun. My biggest problem with Twilight was, I believed there was a depth that Meyer had in her head, but excluded in the books, and she started to cover that.

I have just started reading Eclipse again as I haven't read it in a little while. I am just over half way through, and I had forgotten how much Jacob annoys me in the first half of the book!!! :lol:

Edited by Kimmy619

Allegations of plagerism halt production of popular movie sequel.

Hollywood, CA (Associated Press) Production on the hit sequel to the popular vampire series Twilight have been halted among allegations of plagerism by young author, Stephenie Meyer.

According to sources, Meyer has been accused of stealing the idea for her popular Twilight series of novels for young adults and teenagers from her college roommate, Heidi Stanton. Stanton, 36, of Salt Lake City, Utah, attended Brigham Young University during the early 1990's and was for a time during their sophmore year roommates at a campus dormitory with the alleged author, Meyer.

The Twilight novels have sold over 42 million copies worldwide, and have been translated into 37 languages across the globe. Meyer who claims the premise for her popular vampire series came to her in a dream in June of 2003. Just three short months later she had completed the entire novel with very little to no previous writing experience.

Allegations by Stanton, who is a stay at home mother to 4 children in Utah arose after she viewed the movie Twilight for the first time last week, shortly after it was released to DVD format. Stanton claims that she had heard about the novels, but with four small children at home has very little time to read for pleasure or go to the theaters to watch movies.

"Quite frankly, I was shocked when I began watching the movie with my husband last week. I immediately told him that she got that idea from me! I wrote a fictional short story with the same ideas when we were in college together." stated Stanton.

Lawyers for both sides were remaining tight lipped Tuesday when papers were filed in Utah for claims of idea infringement. However amongst the claims, production was halted on a Studio City California production lot where New Moon is finishing post production. New Moon was slated to be released later in 2009. At this time, that has been "put on hold" stated studio heads Tuesday evening when reached by phone.

Mrs. Stanton's claims have some credence to them as she has documented proof that a short story with very similar idea was written by her in 1993 while she was a sophmore at BYU. English department chairperson Dr. Peter Benton was at the time a second year professor of writing and distinctly remembers Ms. Stanton's prolific writing style and the vampire story in particular.

"The story stood out in my mind, at the time, because it was more advanced than most sophmore students usually presented, also the vampire story stood out because I had recently taught a series of lectures on Brahm Stoker's Dracula." claims Dr. Benton. "I felt at the time that Heidi had brought a very current and up to date look at a classic subject."

No word on when or if production will resume for New Moon. Requests for interviews with Ms. Meyer or her representatives went unanswered Tuesday evening.

Tut tut SMeyer

Lexie and I don't think it's founded.

As Lex said, it doesn't take 5 minutes to look up the content of the books online, and she couldn't have NOT known that Stephanie achieved worldwide fame years ago with the books.

She's got 4 kids and apparently no time - probably means no money too and now she's trying to get some.

Hope so.

Me too.

Even if she hadn't read it or watched it, you would have a rough idea of the plot becuase of all of the media coverage and the adverts for the movie on tv etc so you would have thought her alarm bells would have started to ring then?! Also, if I had a friend that I went to college with that became a published author, I would make time to read the book!

Where did you find the article Lexie?

Here's where I got it. I don't think anything will come of it, at least I hope not, she's obviously just trying to get some fame or money off SMeyer's back. And at the end of the day, it's hardly like vamp/human relationships weren't around longggg before these books were released.