TWILIGHT Saga by Stephenie Meyer

KW

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stutter all the time.

It happens.

Yeah, everyone does.. but there's a difference in natural occasional stuttering and pretend/fake stuttering. To me, Kristen looked like she was doing the latter.

I have to agree with MissWhitlock on some of the points. :roll: I took my mom to see the movie and she said it seemed more like "learning your lines and first rehearsal" day than the end product of months and months of film rehearsal and shooting. So many of the facial expressions and dialogue seemed forced and awkward, like some of the actors/actresses hadn't really settled comfortably into their roles.

^Yeah, exactly. I think the only ones who were reasonably good at acting in the whole movie was Rosalie, Charlie and maybe Alice. Oh, and Emmett. The rest either didn't have much scenes or just didn't know what they were doing.

And Robert Pattinson's acting wasn't that good either. He was good in all the other movies I've seen him in though, so it's just this one. :roll:

Maybe if you've watched other films with the same actors/actresses but felt like they didn't act as well in Twilight, it comes from trying to find the right chemistry among your fellow actors.

You know you watch a sitcom (i.e. Friends, King of Queens, etc) for so many years, and then the filming stops and it goes into syndication ? If you go back and watch the first 1 or 2 seasons, many times the acting seems REALLY bad compared to the end seasons. You can tell that somewhere in the middle, the actors really found a good chemistry amongst each other, molded to the other actors' styles, found their own place, and settled into it. It's what makes acting seem like "magic" and so "real" sometimes.

Maybe Twilight could have been a case where the actors haven't found that magic spot yet, and they'll get better and better as they continue working together.. ??

Hopefully. I mean, Rob and Kirsten look like they're good friends OFFset, with promos for Twilight, it looks like they really ARE Bella and Edward. But in the movie, it looked like they were trying to hard, it seemed like their acting was forced. :roll:

Well yeah, hopefully they'll grow comfortable in their roles for the future movies.

*shrug* I liked them, anyway.

I think Rob's acting was very understated, I've never seen him in anything else I must admit, but having watched the film several times I think theres some very subtle touches in what he does - if you pick them up, they convey great emotion and actually made me feel there was a genuine thought process going on behind what 'Edward' was saying. I didn't think he was great the first time I watched it, but now I think he was actually very good.

Pretty much the same goes for Kristen, actually.

I liked the acting overall, although some aspects annoyed me. I think most of my unhappiness was more with some of the dialogue and the less-than-stellar efx, but that's me. I can't really find any huge differences between how the characters acted in the book and how the actors were on screen.

I agree with Bethany about actors finding their chemistry a little ways in, so hopefully that's something we have to look forward to and the movies only getting better from here on out.

*shrug* I liked them, anyway.

I think Rob's acting was very understated, I've never seen him in anything else I must admit, but having watched the film several times I think theres some very subtle touches in what he does - if you pick them up, they convey great emotion and actually made me feel there was a genuine thought process going on behind what 'Edward' was saying. I didn't think he was great the first time I watched it, but now I think he was actually very good.

Pretty much the same goes for Kristen, actually.

I liked Rob too ;) Lets face it, after reading the book, everyone has their own vision in their head of how Edward and Bella should be. Whoever played the lead roles would never be totally what you want them to be. However, I have said it before, I essentially liked the film although there were a few things that I would have done differently if I were in charge :roll: I would imagine that people would have liked Rob and Kristen more if certain parts of the film were done better. The meadow scene was a let down. In the books you get to see a lot more of Edward and Bella getting to know each other and this wasn't really explored in the film, probably becuase there wouldn't have been enough time!!

In the books you get to see a lot more of Edward and Bella getting to know each other and this wasn't really explored in the film, probably becuase there wouldn't have been enough time!!

Ditto, Kimmy! My biggest pet peeve by far.

I have been re-reading the books (again) and when you re-read Twilight, you realise how many really nice moments were not included in the film. Like in the meadow, they lie together and Bella touches Edward for the first time etc. Also, when she almost passes out in Biology when they have to prick their fingers and Edward comes to her rescue, again missed out. My main gripe with the film is that the two characters spoke about twice and then were in love. There was no build up.

My main gripe with the film is that the two characters spoke about twice and then were in love. There was no build up.

Exactly, Kimmy. For me, the buildup was the best part! I liked the tension, know what I mean?! :roll:

My main gripe with the film is that the two characters spoke about twice and then were in love. There was no build up.

Yeah that's what I disliked too, it jumped so much, it was like there was no fluidity to the story. I mean for people who've read the book we atleast know what happens in between, but I really don't understand how people who haven't read the books could think the film is great :/

What?? They really say that?!

I think the YA fiction available today is so great.. I wish I'd had some of these books when I was a YA. Which is probably why I'm reading them today... oh, goodness.. pathetic.. :roll:;)