TWILIGHT Saga by Stephenie Meyer

KW

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to change my avatar to my (2nd) fav Edward & Bella picture, as I can't find the first.

On topic, I can't wait to re-read them, I'll have to wait until after my exams are over though! I think I was more interested in Jasper & Alice too. You're right Kimmy, it would have been good to learn a bit more about Esme.

Awwww cute new avatars Roxi and Kimmy! I like them :irked:. I don't mind Emmett in the books, since he's the only one who seems to have fun no matter what, and I agree about Esme - just not much to go on there.

And Jasper's a keeper! Especially in his baseball outfit :).

I hope she writes a book about Alice and Jasper, about them before they joined the cullens, then up to just after they've moved in with them, that would be awesome, I do love them as a couple, they're just so perfect. I have to admit I love Emmett too though, he's funny in the books. Unfussed about Rosalie and Esme as neither really play a large role.

Rosalie was a conceited selfish person. I hated her, of course. Esme was...okay, she was always in the background. Carlisle in the movie was soooooo gorgeous, though. Pretty much the only guy who was reasonable looking in the whole film, IMO. And yeah, Jasper and Alice definitely have a good history. I love Jasper's "story" very much, partly why I really liked him in the first place.

The only real mention about them as a couple is how passionate they are. With all of the other couples, you see affection etc which you don't see with Rosalie and Emmett. When reading Breaking Dawn

I really thought that Rosalie was going to run off with Renesme or something because she never really liked Bella.

Yeah, she probably could've done that. But then I guess she was probably scared Edward would hunt her down and eat her or something. Yeah, she never really liked Bella, and she gave a reason to that in the third one, which, I think, doesn't make any sense.

Speaking of Breaking Dawn, what did you guys think of that?

I thought Breaking Dawn was ok......a bit weak near the end though. So much more could've been done with it (think we were discussing this a million posts back) It's a bit disappointing how

the Volturi just go home......it was leading up to the big fight and then it's as if Meyer ran out of creativity or something.

;)

As for Rosalie, I'm divided. I didn't like her as a character but I thought the story of her transformation was one of the best tbh.

The whole revenge thing was an interesting twist

. :)

I personally thought Breaking Dawn was a waste of my time. The ending. God. "a bit disappointing" < Understatement of the year.

I agree though, She just

built all the tension up, I mean, everyone was crying! (inside) And everyone thought they were gonna die, they were outnumbered 20 to 1. But instead of a fight, they just bonded like they were in some stupid tea party. "oh carlisle, it's been a while since we've seen each other dear friend!" I just wanted to take Aro by the hair and...shave him bald or something.

And it wasn't just the ending! It was the whole plot too! I didn't mind the

pregnancy bit but when Renesmee was actually there, I think it ruined the whole thing. I mean, the Twilight saga is supposed to be about Bella and Edward's love for each other, and Renesmee got in the middle of that. Bella suddenly didn't care about Edward anymore, all she cared about was protecting the baby!

Anyways, I would complain more but I'm saving my breath..

I read midnight Sun at the weekend on my laptop and I thought it was fab , I love these books and really hope Stephenie can write us some more , I just read a post that someone wants her to write a book about Alice and Jasper ??? I think thats a fabulous Idea .....Love them two x

I don't know why

Bella got pregnant in Breaking Dawn, it was a total waste of time. I really didn't like Renesme either. The whole book was about Renesme when I think that it should have foucused more on Bella coming to terms with being a vampire. They kind of skipped over that and Bella just took to it with ease. What a cop out.

I have recently re-read Breaking Dawn in the hope that I may like it more, but it didn't work.

Yeah, the

transformation was over the top, really. She built up the tension (again) about Bella becoming a vampire and her troubles, like, not being around Charlie, Renee and all her friends but then it turns she's apparently immune or something to human blood. I mean, what are we supposed to make with that? and its just SO TYPICAL that her power apparently saves them all from the Volturi. ;) It's so predictable. And of course, Jacob comes into their lives again, like nothing happened, like Eclipse has never been written before. I mean, come on! :) He just had to butt in again. (Not that I have a personal grudge against Jacob It's just the plot that's annoying me).

I'm about 3/4 of the way through BD now, and I almost want to say it's my least favorite of the series. It feels like Meyer tends to take the easy way out, and it leaves the story seriously lacking. She builds things up, and then doesn't know what to do with it so it feels anti-climactic and convenient because it's all resolved in a nice pretty package.

I agree about the waste of time on

Bella being pregnant. What is that?! We didn't even get to enjoy Bella and Edward being married, after 3 previous books of buildup?? Then we have to deal with Jacob again, because he's imprinted on Bella's baby?

I just don't get it.

Breaking Dawn is my friend's favourite book of the four...that confuses me quite a lot. I don't really get how it could be anyone's favourite. I mean, I think I like it more than the average fan but it's not the best by a long shot. I agree,

because of Renesmee, the focus was taken off Bella & Edward, so there was no chance to explore them as a married couple nor Bella as an actual vampire. It was all too easy and convenient. After building up to that in the previous three books, I figured it would've been more...epic ;)

Just watching Twilight with my Mum, and I quote:

[Edward walks into the canteen] "I know he's a vampire, Katie, but why is he so pale??" :)

[Edward saves Bella] Mum- "How the hell did he do that?" :) Katie - "He's a vampire, Mum..."

And my sister asked me the other day - "You know when Bella walks into the classroom and he pulls that face, is it because she's eaten garlic?"

^ It was so hard to keep a straight face, it amused me so much.

I do agree with some of the complaints, but on the whole I enjoyed all four books. I have to agree with

the complaints against the pregnancy, and Jacob being around too much. Yes it was nice he helped Bella but it came clear quickly she was always going to chose Edward so I think Meyer could have given him a back seat.

I did enjoy

watching the werewolves and the vampires fighting together and I still think that there should have been a fight at the end of BD. All that build up for a chat?! That was what really let me down.

I do have to agree with

how easy Bella's transformation was - it would have been really interesting to watch her struggle, but instead we read about Jacob and Renesmee (and yes, I still think that is a stupid name and a creepy storyline)

. All that said, I did really enjoy the books and would love her to write more. I think with every book there are going to be complaints, and the Twilight Saga is no exception

I do agree with some of the complaints, but on the whole I enjoyed all four books. I have to agree with

the complaints against the pregnancy, and Jacob being around too much. Yes it was nice he helped Bella but it came clear quickly she was always going to chose Edward so I think Meyer could have given him a back seat.

I did enjoy

watching the werewolves and the vampires fighting together and I still think that there should have been a fight at the end of BD. All that build up for a chat?! That was what really let me down.

I do have to agree with

how easy Bella's transformation was - it would have been really interesting to watch her struggle, but instead we read about Jacob and Renesmee (and yes, I still think that is a stupid name and a creepy storyline)

. All that said, I did really enjoy the books and would love her to write more. I think with every book there are going to be complaints, and the Twilight Saga is no exception

I agree with you 100% Kate ;)

Yeah it is a stupid name. What is WITH books these days and stupid names? (I'm referring to HP7) Okay, anyways. There were lots of things that annoyed me in the fourth book definitely. I only really liked the start. The rest just annoyed me. Although I did like

the half of the book told from Jacob's point of view, I think that was interesting. But I HATED that bit where Edward just breaks down in front of Jacob and begs him to have puppies with Bella. That was just sad, really.

And my sister asked me the other day - "You know when Bella walks into the classroom and he pulls that face, is it because she's eaten garlic?"

I'll admit I laughed out loud :) Although that face he makes really does look like he's smelling something terrible and stinky ;)