TWILIGHT Saga by Stephenie Meyer

KW

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never found any hardbacks here in Australia.. All I read were paperback ones. As for the covers, I'm okay with them. They look pretty cool.

I'm getting frustrated! I want more Edward/Bella centered stuff and, dare I say it, less Jacob and less... other things! Is a fourth and final book in a series supposed to make you long for the other three? Somehow I don't think so.

Yeah, that's one of the reasons why I didn't like the fourth book. The Twilight series is supposed to be about Edward and Bella's love for each other! Now that stupid

Renesmee's there :lol: it's about her too, and her stupid "condition" :roll:

Yeah I like those ones too Chrissi. The reason there are so many covers is because they change them according to what will be desirable in each country, for example, anime covers will sell much better in Japan because anime is huge over there, so that's how they usually do it.

Wow, all these different covers are interesting! Some of them really make me wonder what the designer was thinking though, LOL. In the US we just had the black/white/red covers. Was it the same in the UK? Aside from the movie tie-ins like Waterstone's sells? Just curious...

Hooray for your bro, Roxi!! Another Twi-Disciple, hee-hee.

I'll have to take a look at SM's website and see those, Twisted. I must admit I've only visited the site to read the Midnight Sun bit.

Read a little bit more of Breaking Dawn this morning, and only have about 50 pages left! Kinda sad, actually, even though it's decidedly my least fave of the books.

Indeed, my brother has the final word on everything as he is a genius and has immaculate taste, therefore without the influence of Stephanie Meyer (i.e in the books) Twilight is a bloody good phenomenon. He's dying to see the sequel, bless, and he knows nothing of what happens in Breaking Dawn!

Indeed, my brother has the final word on everything as he is a genius and has immaculate taste, therefore without the influence of Stephanie Meyer (i.e in the books) Twilight is a bloody good phenomenon. He's dying to see the sequel, bless, and he knows nothing of what happens in Breaking Dawn!

So are you saying he gets all his genius and immaculate taste from you?! Is he planning on reading the books now or is he just going to leave Meyer in the dust?

Wow, all these different covers are interesting! Some of them really make me wonder what the designer was thinking though, LOL. In the US we just had the black/white/red covers. Was it the same in the UK? Aside from the movie tie-ins like Waterstone's sells? Just curious...

I've only ever seen the black/white/red covers other than the new movie covers over here, I think the other covers were used in the foreign countries, although some books have different covers here than they do in the US, I know Kelley Armstrong's books are an example of that

So are you saying he gets all his genius and immaculate taste from you?! Is he planning on reading the books now or is he just going to leave Meyer in the dust?

Conor's 3 years older than me - he got the brains, I got nothing.

And no, he isn't going to read the books. He'd hate them. It's the vampires he likes, not Team Edward. I filled him in on the differences, Carlisle's background etc. He's happy to wait for the next movie.

I really like the book covers, I love how simple they are. Much better. :lol: And I have three paperbacks and one hardback. I'd prefer if they were all paperback! I'm not a fan of hardbacks.

Yeah, me either, I have Eclipse and Breaking Dawn in hardback, but then I rebought Eclipse in paperback when it was like

Conor's 3 years older than me - he got the brains, I got nothing.

What do you mean you got nothing?? Pffttt, silly! You are very talented, Roxi :lol:.

Eclipse and Breaking Dawn aren't out in pb here yet, and I think it's going to be awhile. It just annoys me because I like things looking symmetrical on my bookshelf, LOL.

I wish they released the paperback at the same time as the hardback so that you could have that choice! :lol:

Midnight Sun - She doesn't know if she'll ever return to it but if she does, then she thinks it'll be in a few years when less people are involved and she can focus on it entirely on her own. :) I doubt the hype around it will die down for a while though, especially with the movies and the guide coming out. So, in other words, she probably won't finish it. :roll: Pfft.

I haven't seen hardbacks in Australia at all. I only ever see paperbacks. :lol:

So what's the deal with Midnight Sun anyway? I heard she just gave up in writing it or something. But I have no idea...

Yeah, I haven't seen any hardback versions out here either.

In relation to Midnight Sun, I think she got half way through it and then gave up writing it after it was leaked on the internet without her permission. You can get a partial copy from her website I think.