The Last Film You Saw ~ Part 2

Chrissy

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I saw that recently too. :) I've never seen any of the other Predator movies, so I don't know how it compares, but I enjoyed it reasonably well.

I'd say the first movie is a classic 80s action movie - it's more fun than most and, apart from The Terminator, pretty much the only Arnie film I like. It was the film John McTiernan made before going on to make Die Hard. Well worth a watch if you like that kind of thing :)

I watched Sanctum last night. It was a film about divers exploring a huge (real life) cave in South America who get in trouble. As I used to be a diver I was interested. Divers are quite colourful characters; Cave divers are extreme, a bit mental (known a couple); but cave divers who wants to dive an unexplored cave system one and a half mile underground prone to flooding are just insane.

Anyway among all the macho types in the film are two women characters. In films like this the fate of females can usually be predicted. Sure enough the girl without make-up/tomboy/possible lesbian was the first to get killed. Maybe its a sort of punishment. The pretty girl usually survives to struggle through to the end though, with or without the male hero. But this time the pretty girl met a grisly end. :wink:

Edited by vodkafan

Last night we watched A Woman in Berlin, based successfully on the book by Anonymous. I'd read the book, I guess, a couple of years ago. There were deviations, and some softening of events, but all in all most effective.

I watched 'In Time' at the cinema last night. I liked the concept of the film and thought it was entertaining, however I do think that the film lacked something. I think towards the end, it became a conventional action movie and spoilt any orginality the film promised. It was a good film, but I think that it had the potential to be a great film.

I watched 'In Time' at the cinema last night. I liked the concept of the film and thought it was entertaining, however I do think that the film lacked something. I think towards the end, it became a conventional action movie and spoilt any orginality the film promised. It was a good film, but I think that it had the potential to be a great film.

Is that a romance karen?

Last night we watched A Woman in Berlin, based successfully on the book by Anonymous. I'd read the book, I guess, a couple of years ago. There were deviations, and some softening of events, but all in all most effective.

I like An Onymous's stuff. She has written loads of books, poems and hymns :giggle2:

I like An Onymous's stuff. She has written loads of books, poems and hymns :giggle2:

:smile2: This particular anonymous is interesting, and since her death has become known as the journalist, Marta Hillers. This book was written from her diary that she kept during the Russian occupation of Berlin at the end of the war.

A Woman in Berlin, wiki article

We watched Happy Accidents last night, Amazon streaming.

We have Amazon Prime, so loads of films are available for free. This one starred Marisa Tomei and Vincent D'Onofrio. With him in it, I knew it had to have a twist, and boy, does it ever. But basically, it's a beautiful love story, although you could lose track of that fact whilst watching.

We have Amazon Prime, so loads of films are available for free. This one starred Marisa Tomei and Vincent D'Onofrio. With him in it, I knew it had to have a twist, and boy, does it ever. But basically, it's a beautiful love story, although you could lose track of that fact whilst watching.

I've seen Happy Accidents it's very good.

Is that a romance karen?

It's a sort of sci-fi action movie with a bit of romance thrown in. It has a 1984/Bonnie and Clyde vibe to it which I found interesting. The concept is great, but I don't think the director fulfilled its potential.

You can find a synopsis here : In Time

Edited by Chrissy
Link sorted.

Arthur Christmas in 3D and it was a lot of fun .. I needed something to get me into the festive spirit and this was perfect. It's from Aardman but more Flushed Away than Wallace & Gromit .. very slick, fast paced and full of jokes .. great voice cast too. :csign:

Oh, I love Happy Accidents. Such a sweet film. :)

I've seen Happy Accidents it's very good.

Oh, I love Happy Accidents. Such a sweet film. :)

I was surprised by it, I was biting my nails by the end, I can tell you! I knew I liked D'Onofrio, but had not really seen Tomei in anything. She is really a good actress, and Holland Taylor, playing the therapist was a hoot.

We went to the show last night and saw the new Sherlock film with Robert Downey. I liked it in spite of the lack of......plot. But you have to like it for what it is, not what Sherlockians would like it to be. I think........:P

Edited by pontalba

Has anyone watched "The boy in striped pyjamas"?

I was sat there absolutely gutted, with a lump in my throat.

What a great, but sad film.

I've never felt like that since I wayched "The Champ" as a kid.

Steve

I watched this for the first time tonight. Halfway through I was shaking and tears were streaming down my face. I don't usually cry very easily. I could so relate to the mother's horror and despair when she realised

they were living next to a concentration camp and that her husband was in charge and actually approved of all that went on there.

It is a very finely acted film and one that will stay with me for a very long time. I'm now going to read the book.

Edited by poppy

I watched this for the first time tonight. Halfway through I was shaking and tears were streaming down my face. I don't usually cry very easily. I could so relate to the mother's horror and despair when she realised

they were living next to a concentration camp and that her husband was in charge and actually approved of all that went on there.

It is a very finely acted film and one that will stay with me for a very long time. I'm now going to read the book.

I also think that this is a fabulous film. However, I think I could only watch this once, as it's too upsetting. I'm tempted to read the book though.

Edited by karen.d

It's such a good film though - one of the best this year, I think. Personally, I think Andy Serkis should be given the oscar for best supporting actor as he did so much brilliant work in this film.

Watching the new Rise of the Planet of the apes. Loving it so far. Not been watching it for long.

**Edit** I'm crying - I hate animals behind Glass.

It's such a good film though - one of the best this year, I think. Personally, I think Andy Serkis should be given the oscar for best supporting actor as he did so much brilliant work in this film.

It was fantastic. Serkis was amazing, I fully agree. Lithgow was wonderful as the father. I loved the bit during the ending credits showing the progression of the virus. Interesting way to do it.

I notice Lithgow is taking smaller roles lately, some really cameos. He had a teensy cameo in New Year's Eve, as Michelle Pfiffer's boss. [know I mangled her name...grrr, to lazy to google] .