The Last Film You Saw ~ Part 2

Chrissy

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There's been a few old horror flicks on TV in the last couple of days, so I've watched The Tenant (my first Roman Polanski!), and I rewatched The Day of the Triffids and the Night of the Living Dead (both awesome movies). There was another one as well, but it has escaped my mind for the moment. If I end up staying up late again, I might watch a Hitchcock or two. :D

I saw an Australian movie from the late 90s called Two Hands, starring Heath Ledger. I can't believe I didn't know about this movie before - it was bloomin' terrific and very, very funny. :D

Paranormal Activity and Paranormal Activity 2. Watched them both last night and thought they were both pretty awesome (in particular, the first one blew me away, especially as it only cost $15,000 to make and raked in well over $100 million in return!).

In Time - which is a film I would thoroughly recommend. Despite its premise of time being the currency of exchange, it is easy to see parallels with our current system whereby money is used instead, with many veiled references to the corruption that we see today. There is definately a message in there for those that choose to see it.

I saw an Australian movie from the late 90s called Two Hands, starring Heath Ledger. I can't believe I didn't know about this movie before - it was bloomin' terrific and very, very funny. :D

I remember seeing that a few years ago and enjoying it, Kylie. From memory, Bryan Brown, the well-known all-purpose Aussie, did a great turn as the gangster chief.

I remember seeing that a few years ago and enjoying it, Kylie. From memory, Bryan Brown, the well-known all-purpose Aussie, did a great turn as the gangster chief.

I'm glad you enjoyed it too, Roland. :) I think our own Frankie would enjoy it very much too, especially considering all the bogans that are featured (do you remember Heath's mullet? huh.gif)

I watched a very early Hitchcock today Sabatouer very similar in story line to North by Northwest and the 39 steps great viewing for a sickly day. I wish they would show more great classics in the evening

Tron Legacy. My children bought it some days ago for me. It looks like they're trying to 'modernize' their old fashioned 34-year old mother. :D We watched it today and it was allright. I didn't think I'd enjoy it to be honest, but it wasn't that bad.

I'm glad you enjoyed it too, Roland. :) I think our own Frankie would enjoy it very much too, especially considering all the bogans that are featured (do you remember Heath's mullet? huh.gif)

Which movie was this? :)

I watched Loser yesterday. How is it that Greg Kinnear always plays the bad guy? I mean, wouldn't it be more of a challenge to cast him as a hero for once? Not that he doesn't do a great job. I detest all the characters he plays.

It's called Two Hands, Frankie. An Australian flick. I went out to try and buy it today but I couldn't find it. I think you'd really like it. :) It has some good Australian actors and is just very...Australian. :D

We watched Contagion a few days ago. Had lots of big names in it. Unfortunately there was no real story there. A new disease came, lots of people died, scientists developed a vaccine ..then it was the end. I was like "So?" Of course they developed a vaccine, that's what their job is. There didn't seem any point to the film. :irked:

It's called Two Hands, Frankie. An Australian flick. I went out to try and buy it today but I couldn't find it. I think you'd really like it. :) It has some good Australian actors and is just very...Australian. :D

I like Australian films. I like the way they don't pick pretty actors and actresses. Take Muriel's Wedding. Muriel was fat and a loser but by the end of the film I wanted to marry her myself.

Please, do remind me of this movie later, I want to see it and make a note of it! :)

I like Australian films. I like the way they don't pick pretty actors and actresses. Take Muriel's Wedding. Muriel was fat and a loser but by the end of the film I wanted to marry her myself.

I think Kylie's told me about Muriel's Wedding, I think, hm... I think! It's supposed to be a good one and if I remember correctly, it's one of those Aussie movies that were either well made or generally well liked or something like that :) Need to watch that one as well :)

Kylie, what was the movie we almost walked in on that one day in Sydney? The one they were filming? Remember? When Darrell Lea was closed?

I like English movies for the same reason! Yep, Muriel's Wedding is excellent. :)

Please, do remind me of this movie later, I want to see it and make a note of it! :)

I think Kylie's told me about Muriel's Wedding, I think, hm... I think! It's supposed to be a good one and if I remember correctly, it's one of those Aussie movies that were either well made or generally well liked or something like that :) Need to watch that one as well :)

Kylie, what was the movie we almost walked in on that one day in Sydney? The one they were filming? Remember? When Darrell Lea was closed?

I will definitely remind you!

I've probably told you about Muriel's Wedding when we've discussed Toni Collette (who plays Muriel). It's one of Australia's best, and best known, movies. I think you'd like that one too. Oh, and you must see Priscilla, Queen of the Desert. And Strictly Ballroom. How is it that we never had an Aussie movie marathon when you were here? What was I thinking? huh.gif

Edited by Kylie

I will definitely remind you!

I probably told you about Muriel's Wedding when we've discussed Toni Collette (who plays Muriel). It's one of Australia's best, and best known, movies. I think you'd like that one too. Oh, and you must see Priscilla, Queen of the Desert. :D How is it that we never had an Aussie movie marathon when you were here? What was I thinking? huh.gif

I guess you weren't thinking, were you :D Yes I think Toni Collette was the source for that discussion. Definitely need to watch the movie. I think I didn't even know she was Australian before you told me about that. And I've seen Priscilla many times :) I first watched it when I was in high school. It was one of my friend's most favorite movies. I never looked at ping pong balls the same way again! :wink::haha:

Ah Frankie yes! You must watch Muriel's Wedding if you never see any other film again ever! It is that good. I don't think Toni Collete has ever acted better in any film she has made since. And the film has very poignant sad moments too.

Strictly Ballroom is so funny too.

Your topic of Australian movies reminds me of 'Almost Salinas'. Great movie. The topic made me curious enough to buy it and it was worth it.

I will have to look that one up Sadya.