The Last Film You Saw ~ Part 2

Chrissy

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Aww, yep, Vodkafan is lovely to send you the movie, Frankie!

Red Dog is our latest and greatest movie, so you should all check that out when you can. :)

I rather like Meg Ryan, especially in those romantic chick flicks. :)

Red Dog is our latest and greatest movie, so you should all check that out when you can. :)

I rather like Meg Ryan, especially in those romantic chick flicks. :)

Thanks Kylie ! Have to check out Red Dog.

Last couple of nights I have watched Limitless and The Tourist . Both were very good.

Well as it happens, vodkafan has very generously offered to lend me his copy of the movie so I do get to watch it soonish! :smile2: Isn't he a swell man?

He is indeed :)

How do you go from being a fan to disliking her now? :huh:

She was on a chat show here and was rude and uncommunicative .. she had a movie to promote but clearly didn't want to do it. There's two sides to the story, she blames the interviewer (Michael Parkinson) and he blames her but I didn't think she was very professional (whether you like it or not an interviewer is probably going to probe and ask awkward questions ... you need to deal with it.) She was answering him in monosyllables by the end of it and acted rudely towards his other guests. It shattered my opinion of her because up until then she was my fave american actress.

I'm afraid I haven't seen all her movies though. I know a few songs from 'Funny Faces', but I've yet to watch that movie. Reading your review interests me even more to watch that one first if I can find it. They don't show movies from the past often here nowadays and that's such a shame, many of these movies aren't even for rent. :-( I'm trying to show my children as many movies from the past as possible to give them an idea of the quality and strength of acting and storytelling. If someone would make me choose between from now on only watching current movies or movies from the past, I'd go for movies from the past.

She sings Gershwins 'How Long Has This Been Going On' in it and it's just the sweetest thing, her voice isn't brilliant but it's a lovely voice and it sounds natural .. when someone is dubbed with an operatic voice it just looks and sounds false imo. I agree with you, I spend more time watching retro movies than I do watching current ones. New movies are exciting, they're slick and clever with amazing effects but somehow they lack the charm of the old movies.

Went to see Arthur Christmas (in 2D) this afternoon. Good, but not great. Much prefer Aardman's claymation to animation, but as Christmas kids films go, I enjoyed it.

I saw a trailer for this when I went to see Tintin and it looked like the sort of movie that gets you into the Christmas spirit ... I need to wait a few weeks before I see it though because I don't want to get into the Christmas spirit just yet :D

• 2 weeks later...

Arthur Christmas! I thought it was FANTASTIC! I'd read some lukewarm reviews, and wasn't expecting much at ALL, but I cried with laughed most of the way through the film. There were some utterly surreal moments, and also some very moving moments, as well as genuinely witty humour from Bill Night's Grand-Santa. I would recommend to ANYONE who loves a funny Christmas film to go see it.

Last week I watched all 3 of the Millenium films (Dragon Tattoo) in the proper order. To get the proper feel of the books I watched them in Swedish with English subtitles. They missed an awful lot out and simplified the plots but they remained pretty faithful it's not like they were a travesty or anything.

I am sitting here at work so I am not going to be able to remember all the actor's names. But I think the casting was very good. The guy who played Blomkvist was spot on. I am glad that they missed out most of his romantic dalliances. Noomi Rapace was pretty good as Salander but not perfect. She did have the androgynous body and they dressed her in baggy clothes to make her look smaller but she did not come across as being weird enough and as anti social as in the books IMO. But she certanily had a good try.

I didn't like the character of Erica Berger. She came across as neurotic and panicky and she was an old bag. Not the capable and sophisticated woman in the books.

Miriam Wu, Paolo , Neiderman and Bublanski were all more or less as I pictured them.

They missed out most of Figuerola's part, she was one of the most interesting strong characters of the third book so this was a shame.

I am probably not going to watch the Hollywood version when it comes out. If I do chance it, and I find that they have changed the location to America instead of Sweden, I shall have to cover my head in jam and stick it in a bee's nest :lol:

Twilight Breaking Dawn Pt 1 - 1/5

Awful. See the thread for that film to see exactly what I thought of it!

The Ides of March - 4/5

A real contender for Oscar nominations in the Best Director and Best Adapted Screenplay categories.

Rare Exports: A Christmas Tale - 5/5

Absolutely brilliant! Predominantly Finnish language with subtitles, but some English language too. If you only see one Xmas film this year, make it this one! :)

post-3572-0-25956900-1322953780_thumb.jpg post-3572-0-28385500-1322953786_thumb.jpg post-3572-0-31767000-1322953794_thumb.jpg

I watched Shaun of the Dead last night after I returned home from work. Never get tired of it <3 Simon Pegg

I watched it a few nights ago, same here, I never get tired of it :)

The Host odd combination of comedy and shock Korean film. I have seen the beginning so many times that last night I decided I would stay up until nearly 2am to watch the rest. Was it worth it? Probably not but its Sunday today so I can have a lie in

The Host odd combination of comedy and shock Korean film. I have seen the beginning so many times that last night I decided I would stay up until nearly 2am to watch the rest. Was it worth it? Probably not but its Sunday today so I can have a lie in

Is that the one with the big mutant river monster pickle? I like that film. I think there is another (American)film with the same name though about something totally different.