Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 15

Janet

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finished Skeletons in the Closet last night and am most of the way through Demon Kissed so the plan to finish at least 3 of the books I am reading is coming to fruition.....:readingtwo:

I received a great book haul today and read Charlotte Perkins Gilman's short story called The Yellow Wallpaper, which was excellent.

I'm also about 25 pages into Reading Lolita in Tehran.

Hope you enjoy it as much as the rest of us, Sofia! :smile2:

:ditto: FANTASTIC book! :)

I finished Dark Gold by Chiristine Feehan this morning then read All in Time by Ciana Stone today. Not sure what to read next.

I got my hands on A Discovery of Witches from the library yesterday :D

I loved that one. Can't wait for the next installment. :)

I actually finished a book!!! Bloodsucking Fiends by Christopher Moore. If you like a fun, sometimes hilarious, story about a clueless vampiress, you will really enjoy this book. I'm going to read the sequel soon, which is called You Suck: A Love Story. :lol:

I just started on The Hiding Place by Trezza Azzopardi. It's too soon to know what I think yet, but it's keeping my interest.

Edited by Pixie

I started A Kiss Before Dying by Ira Levin. I watched the movie (the remake) years ago, and it seems a little bit different so far.

I also bought The Hunger Games by Suzanna Collins for my Kindle, because I've heard so many good things about it. I'll read it next and if it's any good I will buy the sequels.

I bought 29 books yesterday, I got 21 of them for only 5e, total! I still can't get over the excellence of my haul, I should list them on my reading blog. Lots of interesting biographies and psychology books, etc etc. :smile2:

Shall I consign this to the middle of the TBR pile? I don't know why I bought it. I loved Birdsong and The Girl from the Lion d'Or and was a bit disappointed with Charlotte Grey but I don't really want to pick A Week in December up just yet.

Maybe, I've liked all his other books so I doubt it's just me but some people really seem to like A Week in December

I finished All Together Dead this afternoon, and enjoyed it much more than the previous book in the series. ATD was very action packed and exciting!

Not sure which book to start next...

I'm reading War Damage, a 1940s whodunnit by Elizabeth Wilson:

Everyone comes to Regine Milner's for her Sunday parties: ballet dancers and cabinet ministers, left-over Mosleyites and the flamboyant arty set. So when one of them turns up dead on the Heath, there is no shortage of suspects.

Edited by Roland Butter

Finished swan song today and loved it,a really great book and for its size it never dragged at all,I didnt want it to end.Now have the choice of dean koontz odd thomas or American Psycho and I can't make my mind up.Advise me please as I hate flippin coins :D

It just got harder to choose,seen Jeffery Deavers Bone Collector in my TBR pile,choices so many choices :readingtwo:

Edited by simongrant

Finished swan song today and loved it,a really great book and for its size it never dragged at all,I didnt want it to end.Now have the choice of dean koontz odd thomas or American Psycho and I can't make my mind up.Advise me please as I hate flippin coins :D

It just got harder to choose,seen Jeffery Deavers Bone Collector in my TBR pile,choices so many choices :readingtwo:

I'd go for Bone Collector by Jeffery Deaver, it's bloody brilliant! :cool:

I'm currently reading Lolita by Nabokov, I'm really enjoying it, I didn't expect it to be so good!