Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 14

Chrissy

I finished Fred Vargas - An Uncertain Place this morning before work a brilliant book and series... No I am eagerly waiting for my Deborah Harkness book to arrive tommorow :D

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finished Fred Vargas - An Uncertain Place this morning before work a brilliant book and series... No I am eagerly waiting for my Deborah Harkness book to arrive tommorow :D

Are you reading it next then? :exc: I can't get in to my next read at all yet, still thinking about Discovery of Witches :giggle2:

Are you reading it next then? :exc: I can't get in to my next read at all yet, still thinking about Discovery of Witches :giggle2:

well I still have tonight to get through and me without a book is like strawberries without cream so I might delve into the Alex Bell - The Ninth Circle which I have just picked up[ from the library :D

you got Lover Unleashed yet?????

well I still have tonight to get through and me without a book is like strawberries without cream so I might delve into the Alex Bell - The Ninth Circle which I have just picked up[ from the library :D

you got Lover Unleashed yet?????

Em .... no :blush: I know, I know ... it will definitely be in my next amazon order, promise?

You'll be finished the Bell book before the Harkness arrives, I have no doubt! ;)

Having finished several e-books and normal books I had bought, I've allowed myself to get more books from the library today. It was wonderful, so much to read. Knowing that after one great reading experience there would be another, all in different categories, so much knowledge and so much pleasure too. Now I have to figure out which book I'll read first, novel of Hossaini, Matheson, Roy, Márquez or a non fiction history about Islamic thinking? :readingtwo: I love dilemmas about which book to read first. :)

Just finished The Hunger Games. Pretty good, but found a lot of things about it annoyed me throughout it.

No idea what I'm going to read next. Everything I've read lately is part of a trilogy, maybe I'll read one of the sequels. Admittedly though, none of them have made me want to read more in any hurry.

Just finished The Hunger Games. Pretty good, but found a lot of things about it annoyed me throughout it.

No idea what I'm going to read next. Everything I've read lately is part of a trilogy, maybe I'll read one of the sequels. Admittedly though, none of them have made me want to read more in any hurry.

What were your issues with The Hunger Games.

I am halfway through 'The Dark and Hollow Places' by Carrie Ryan :)

I ordered from amazon/play ~

A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness

The Gathering (Darkness Rising) by Kelley Armstrong

Cloudstreet by Tim Winton :bookworm:

Edited by Weave

I went to visit BF's uni and it's language center where there is this bookshelf with books, and a sign that says Take One, Leave One!. I found Stephen King's Needful Things (in English!!), a thriller by Dennis Lehane and Ben Elton's Popcorn, I'm mighty pleased :) I left three novels there in my turn.

You've been buying so many great books lately, Frankie! :D

I read a little more of A Wild Ride through the Night. Even though I have a lot to do this weekend, I'd really like to try and finish this book so I can start afresh on something else when I go away.

I bought a few books today:

Saint Augustine: Confessions

Dave Eggers: The Wild Things

Steven D Levitt & Stephen J Dubner: Freakonomics

I can't tell you how happy I was to find Freakonomics! It just caught my eye as I walking by a table of cheap books. :D

Edited by Kylie

I am very ashamed to admit that after coming home last from a bottle and half of wine at my sisters I went on Amazon and went a bit crazy buying books...my amazon credit card took a bit of a bashing urrrghhh!

Anyway I was in the mood to read some gory creepness and generally disturbing stuff so I purchased the following:

The Murder of Roger Ackroyd (Agatha Christie Comic Strip)

The Cannibal Within

Mark Mirabello

John Steinbeck's "Grapes of Wrath"

Lee Cusick

Lunar Park

Bret Easton Ellis

Helter Skelter: The True Story of the Manson Murders

Curt Gentry, Vincent Bugliosi

Exquisite Corpse

Poppy Z. Brite

How the Dead Live

Will Self

Ring

Koji Suzuki,

Spiral

Koji Suzuki,

A Suitable Boy

Vikram Seth

The Girl in a Swing

Richard Adams

I am now reading Katie Fforde 'Paradise Fields', which I find very good and amusing

Bought 4 books yesterday, luckily on Stevenage market, they sell 3 books for £6 and they are brand new, I think they maybe a bit older before they are republished.

3 Katie Fforde books

Living Dangerously

Wild Designs

Life Skills

Then went to Tesco, and they were selling a load of books for £5 and bought Karen Rose 'I can see you', some kind person recommended the author to me on here, after I like reading Nora Roberts books, thought I might like to read Karen Rose books.

You've been buying so many great books lately, Frankie!

I know, I'm lucky, such great finds :smile2:

I bought a few books today:

Saint Augustine: Confessions

Dave Eggers: The Wild Things

Steven D Levitt & Stephen J Dubner: Freakonomics

I can't tell you how happy I was to find Freakonomics! It just caught my eye as I walking by a table of cheap books. :D

Hehehe, Dave Eggers. Have you read anything by him before, or did the name stick in your mind because of A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genious? ;)

I'm so happy you found a copy of Freakonomics!!! I know how much you've wanted to get it. Yay!!! :exc:

I am very ashamed to admit that after coming home last from a bottle and half of wine at my sisters I went on Amazon and went a bit crazy buying books...my amazon credit card took a bit of a bashing urrrghhh!

Anyway I was in the mood to read some gory creepness and generally disturbing stuff so I purchased the following:

The Murder of Roger Ackroyd (Agatha Christie Comic Strip)

The Cannibal Within

Mark Mirabello

John Steinbeck's "Grapes of Wrath"

Lee Cusick

Lunar Park

Bret Easton Ellis

Helter Skelter: The True Story of the Manson Murders

Curt Gentry, Vincent Bugliosi

Exquisite Corpse

Poppy Z. Brite

How the Dead Live

Will Self

Ring

Koji Suzuki,

Spiral

Koji Suzuki,

A Suitable Boy

Vikram Seth

The Girl in a Swing

Richard Adams

Have no shame, sister! That must've been good wine because IMO, you've made some excellent purchases! Agatha Christie is always good, I've heard of The Cannibal Within on this forum and am curious about it, Grapes of Wrath is a great classic, Lunar Park was very good although I was a bit disappointed with the end, Helter Skelter is goood, Poppy Z. Brite is one fantastic writer of freaky stuff (have only read Lost Souls but boy was that freakish and yet freakishly good!), I've been wanting to read Will Self for a while now, Suzuki should be good, or at least they've made some great films out of his/her books, and I have A Suitable Boy on my TBR and I think it might be a really great read. So great job, Habeebi! :D

I finally finished A Home at the End of the World and I'm in the middle of writing my answers to the questions on the reading circle thread.

Almost finished I Think I Love You now. I am enjoying it, but it feels like it's been a bit of a slog to be honest. Ah well, I know I have A Discovery of Witches to look forward to next! (I read the first couple of pages when I first downloaded and I'm itching to get back to it, as it sounds fantastic :lurker: )

A Suitable Boy

Vikram Seth

I have A Suitable Boy on my TBR and I think it might be a really great read. So great job, Habeebi! :D

Wow, I read this when it first came out in hardback - all 1500 pages of it! - and I absolutely loved it. It was the first book I'd read set in India, and I now have a very large soft spot for fiction and travel writing set in the subcontinent. I hope you two enjoy it as much as I did. My OH keeps talking about Seth's first novel, written in verse, called The Golden Gate. I've always been put off, as I've never understood poetry, and I'm tentative about attempting a novel in this format ... maybe one day ... ;)