Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 14

Chrissy

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finished Frostbitten by Kelley Armstrong and have started The Last Dragon Slayer by Jaster Fforde.

My mojo hasn't been this busy for ages so I'm going with the flow. Do you think it has something to do with being back on here? :wink:

My mojo hasn't been this busy for ages so I'm going with the flow. Do you think it has something to do with being back on here? :wink:

Yes! My husband looked at the forum and said "Is this a competition to read as many books as possible?". Of course I said "NO but it makes you want to read."

I have finished Perfume. Not sure what to choose next.

I'm currently reading The Fry Chronicles and I'm really enjoying it, no surprise there.

Woohoo! I forget, have you read Moab is My Washpot?

Is that Stephen Fry Frankie?? We will have to agree to differ there, I would queue up and pay to slap that bloke....

*gasp* Blasphemer! :o

I decided to start Breath by Tim Winton today and loving it so far.

I'll look forward to reading your review. This was the first of Winton's books that I read and I must say that I didn't particularly like it that much. However, he redeemed himself immeasurably with Cloudstreet (which I'm aware was written long before Breath, but I read Cloudstreet second). :)

Finished Frostbitten by Kelley Armstrong and have started The Last Dragon Slayer by Jaster Fforde.

I wanna read The Last Dragon Slayer too. *pouts*

I'm sure your mojo is being helped along by the forum. It has that affect. :)

Yes! My husband looked at the forum and said "Is this a competition to read as many books as possible?". Of course I said "NO but it makes you want to read."

I have finished Perfume. Not sure what to choose next.

What did you think of Perfume?

Maybe I should treat this forum as a competition in order to help me get through my huge TBR pile. I really need a kick up the behind to get into gear because I've been way too slack lately. As evidence, I've been reading Italo Calvino's Invisible Cities for over 2 weeks and I'm only 80 pages in. :( It's an excellent book, but I guess it's one to dip in and out of; it's not so easy to read continuously.

I received 2 books in the mail yesterday: A Reading Diary by Alberto Manguel and Ibid by Mark Dunn. I was very naughty and started reading Ibid straight away. :blush: It was all I could do not to start on A Reading Diary as well. Goodness knows where I'd be if I did that with all my books (I guess I'd have hundreds of partially read books).

Edited by Kylie

Woohoo! I forget, have you read Moab is My Washpot?

Nope, I haven't read that one yet. I feel heaps stupid going into TFC before MIMW but it's a library book, it needs to be read in a month's time (or five if there are no reservations :giggle2:)

Maybe I should treat this forum as a competition in order to help me get through my huge TBR pile. I really need a kick up the behind to get into gear because I've been way too slack lately. As evidence, I've been reading Italo Calvino's Invisible Cities for over 2 weeks and I'm only 80 pages in. :( It's an excellent book, but I guess it's one to dip in and out of; it's not so easy to read continuously.

I received 2 books in the mail yesterday: A Reading Diary by Alberto Manguel and Ibid by Mark Dunn. I was very naughty and started reading Ibid straight away. :blush: It was all I could do not to start on A Reading Diary as well. Goodness knows where I'd be if I did that with all my books (I guess I'd have hundreds of partially read books).

What to you mean you've been way too slack? You just said yourself that you received a book yesterday and went straight for it :lol: That to me speaks volumes. Besides, Jasper's been keeping you busy, and you did have other distractions last weekend so you couldn't do any reading then. If it's any consolation, I've only read 9 TBR books this year, vs. 19 library books. I feel so bad for my TBR, but I can't help it when I find some awesome books in the library. I just want to stuff them in my backpack immediately and make a run for it. :blush:

Edited by frankie

I just had a email from Amazon to say my book has been despatch (I scratched my head as I hadn't ordered anything) but when I checked it was a pre-order from August last year which I had almost forgotten about. So, I look forward to receiving Mist Over Pendle shortly :D I'd been after this book for ages but it's been out of print for so long.

What did you think of Perfume?

Loved it. Possibly the best book I've read all year. In fact, no question as I seem to have picked up some real clangers. I will put a semi-review later on my book blog.

If it's any consolation, I've only read 9 TBR books this year, vs. 19 library books. I feel so bad for my TBR, but I can't help it when I find some awesome books in the library. I just want to stuff them in my backpack immediately and make a run for it. :blush:

Yes, me too. Am a library addict and then definitely have to read those books first as they need returning. I have purposefully not gone to the library for a few weeks so that I can get into at least a few TBR books.

Today I was naughty and bought the new Jean Auel book Painted Caves. This has solved the dilemma of what to read next but has not helped the TBR.

Oh no still??? The newe BDB is in transit coming to me as I type, hoping it will arrive soon.

Jealous! :o You lucky thing! Maybe if I order some books, including the gorgeous BDB book, that would gee me up into finishing my current one, whaddya think? :wink: I think so :D

I finished Clan of the Cave Bear late last night, seeing as I seem to have spent March starting 4 different series I'm going to continue with them so have started again with Sookie Stackhouse & am reading Club Dead by Charlaine Harris.

My copy of the new BDB book was dispatched today! :)

I am enjoying 'Waking the Witch' by Kelley Armstrong :)

Received yesterday as a wee cheer me up pressie,from one of the nicest, bestest, kindest BCF members on here.

'The Sound of Waves' ~ Yukio Mishima ~ a totally new author to try and I am assured that it is a 'lovely wee story@

:flowers2: 'THANK YOU PAULA':flowers2:

Received yesterday as a wee cheer me up pressie,from one of the nicest, bestest, kindest BCF members on here.

'The Sound of Waves' ~ Yukio Mishima ~ a totally new author to try and I am assured that it is a 'lovely wee story@

You are very welcome hen and I hope it cheers you up :blush: there is mixed reviews about it but for me, it is a lovely wee story :) and I hope you enjoy it, it was a friend of mine who told me about it, so I am passing it on :)

Ps~ I even forced my sister to read it and she loved it :)

Edited by Weave

I just ordered from amazon ~

Everything is Illuminated by Jonathan Safran Foer

Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer

Across the Universe Beth Revis

:)

About halfway through Tempest Rising and will probably finish it this afternoon. :smile2:

Ooo Sue, I'm jealous! I really want to read The Novel in the Viola! Hoping it will be available on Kindle as soon as the hardback is published, but I suspect even if it is, it will be a bit pricey, so I might have to wait for a while to get it :(

ETA: Just checked amazon and the Kindle version is available on the same day as the hardback and pre-order price is £6.99 so not too expensive. What a great start to the weekend! :b7ydance:

I've decided to put my other reading to one side and concentrate on The Novel in the Viola. I've only just made a start but I think I am going to enjoy it. I'll let you know how it goes. :)

Edited by SueK

I'll look forward to reading your review. This was the first of Winton's books that I read and I must say that I didn't particularly like it that much. However, he redeemed himself immeasurably with Cloudstreet (which I'm aware was written long before Breath, but I read Cloudstreet second). :)

I've just finished Breath, and I loved the first two thirds of the book, and I loved his writing style, but I have issues with the last third - I'll write a proper review over in my reading blog, but I will definitely be adding Cloudstreet and some of his others to my wishlist.

Yes, me too. Am a library addict and then definitely have to read those books first as they need returning. I have purposefully not gone to the library for a few weeks so that I can get into at least a few TBR books.

I wish I could have your will power and not go to the library. But then again I need to return the books at some point and when I do, I cannot help myself but go and see what else I can find :blush:

Nothing. Absolutely no activity. :(

Awww :friends0: Here's hoping your mojo will return asap!

I've just finished Breath, and I loved the first two thirds of the book, and I loved his writing style, but I have issues with the last third - I'll write a proper review over in my reading blog, but I will definitely be adding Cloudstreet and some of his others to my wishlist.

'Cloudstreet' is a fab read Chesil, you will definitely enjoy it, the Pickles and the Lamb family are great to read :), the first book I read by him was 'The Riders', it was a bit of a weird one but well worth a read. :)

Edited by Weave

How lovely! Paula, you are such a sweetheart! :D

I've finally re-organised my selves to accommodate my books. Looking much better now.

I love doing that!

IAwww :friends0: Here's hoping your mojo will return asap!

Thanks hunny :hug: Me too, I managed only 4 pages today. :irked:

Am about 200 pages into One of Our Thursdays is missing, really enjoying it although it does seem a little slower

and I don't like written Thursday as a storyteller so much

Am about to read the first chapter of Pigeon English from the Waterstones site