Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 14

Chrissy

Over half way through Lord of the Flies.

Fantastic, I just love this book :D

Wow, you are literally the first person whom I know to enjoy that novel :D

I've started reading Please Kill Me: The Uncensored Oral History of Punk. Good stuff, but a fat read :)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, you are literally the first person whom I know to enjoy that novel :D

I've started reading Please Kill Me: The Uncensored Oral History of Punk. Good stuff, but a fat read :)

Really? I suppose it is a bit like marmite. I find it seems to envoke every singel emotion in me. I seem to always instantly know the characters like I have always known them. I don't know why. I'm re-reading it for the LOST book club challenge.

I noticed you are reading a book called The uncensored Oral history of Punk. I read a book called that. I can't remember it being PLease killme though. :blush: Good read if it is the same book.

I picked up my reservation of the book: Bone Song by JOhn Meaney. I bought the second book in the series at a chairty shop and when reading the reviews it mentioned that you had to read the first book before.

Also picked up the following books from the charity shop. 25p each.

*The Sword and the satchel - Elizabeth. H. Boyer.

* The warrior Heir - Cinda Williams Chima

*The Hungry Moon - Ramsey Campbell

*WARHAMMER: Elfslayer - Nathan Long.

Just finished 'Cuckoo' by Julia Crouch......bookring run by Michelle....... and a great read....if you haven't joined the bookring go do it now :giggle2:

I have just started Nora Roberts 'Suspicious', 2 stories in this book, reading 'Partners', it seems good already. I am really into her books at the moment, read one of her books now I am hooked all the while and cannot stop buying them.

Read Timon of Athens, which I really didn't enjoy. Started Mary Stewart's Merlin Trilogy today though, and I'm already very interested in it.

Bought Succubus Heat by Richelle Mead as a treat yesterday, and something to look forward to once I'd finished the reading The Postmistress. You'd think I'd have learnt by now ... just finished reading Succubus Heat and have read nothing of The Postmistress today. :rolleyes:

I finished Kill for Me by Karen Rose and have started Kiss Of Death by Rachel Caine :)

I think I am reading Kill For Me at the moment is it the one with the Kidnapped girls ( sorry I just picked it up and didn't look at the title :rolleyes: as they are all so similar) I haven't been able to get them all in order an will probably suffer for that as I am sure there are stories in this from previous books am I right?

Read Timon of Athens, which I really didn't enjoy. Started Mary Stewart's Merlin Trilogy today though, and I'm already very interested in it.

That series looks amazing!!!!!! Just added to my wish list. Please let me know what you think.

As for me I have 20 pages left to go of lord of the flies.

I will be then starting Joe Abercombie - The BLade itself.

Just started 'Lovers & Newcomers' by Rosie Thomas.....and I am still reading The Island and should really get on and finish it!

I think I am reading Kill For Me at the moment is it the one with the Kidnapped girls ( sorry I just picked it up and didn't look at the title :rolleyes: as they are all so similar) I haven't been able to get them all in order an will probably suffer for that as I am sure there are stories in this from previous books am I right?

Yeah, that's the one with the girls. It's actually the last installment of a trilogy (I call them the 'For Me' books, Die For Me - Scream For Me - Kill For Me ), so it probably would be easier to follow if you can read the others first. :blush: Have you read much of it? What am I saying? :doh: You read so fast, I bet you're finished it now aren't you? :huh:

Yeah, that's the one with the girls. It's actually the last installment of a trilogy (I call them the 'For Me' books, Die For Me - Scream For Me - Kill For Me ), so it probably would be easier to follow if you can read the others first. :blush: Have you read much of it? What am I saying? :doh: You read so fast, I bet you're finished it now aren't you? :huh:

Dam and double dam :D I knew it, and not quite finished it yet but almost...its pretty horrible idea but in a thriller sort of a way.