Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 14

Chrissy

Glad to hear you're enjoying Grave Sight, Whitegold. I've had that on my TBR pile for a little while, but I'm barely keeping up with the Sookie Stackhouse books at the moment. :) Speaking of which, I've read a bit of From Dead to Worse today, and also some of Shakespeare by Bill Bryson.

Hopefully I'll have some time to knuckle down and read this weekend. I just bought an iPad today, which I'm really excited about. I can't wait to put my books on it. :D

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally finished The Siege by Helen Dunmore last night - great book and will review it later on. I'm now starting on the sequel - The Betrayal.

Finished Living Dead in Dallas last night which I enjoyed & decided to make a start on the Millenium Trilogy so I'm now about 50 pages into The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson.

Halfway through Foreign Bodies - nothing has happened so far, and I'm only keeping going for my book group, although need to finish to find out if anything does actually happen by the end! Also bought The Postmistress by Sarah Blake which is our other book for this month, and a weekend indulgence for me, the fifth book in The Immortals series by Alyson Noël, Night Star. :smile2:

Edited by chesilbeach

today I recieved in the post,

Marley and Me - John Grogan

Heart of Darkness - Joseph Conrad (thanks frankie :D)

Hope you enjoy Marley & Me Laura but have plenty of tissues on hand when you read it :cry:

You're welcome Laura :friends3: And I agree, tissues are needed. Also because you might be laughing so hard you'll be sheading some tears :giggle2:

I'm hoping to finish Hissillä neljänteen kerrokseen today, then I might go with another Maria Gripe novel.

I'm halfway through 'Desires of the Dead' by Kim Derting :)

I'm almost finished 'Desires of the Dead' by Kim Derting. :bookworm:

I finished 'One Of Our Thursdays Is Missing'. As ingenious and detailed as ever, Mr Fforde has clearly continued to drink the clever juice.

Although I really did enjoy reading this latest installment of the Thursday Next series, it did feel a tad separate from the previous books.

I managed a whopping 6 pages of my Bradley book last night before falling asleep, wow! :lol:

After work yesterday I stopped by the Border's that's closing and picked up a copy of Nightlight for myself. It's a parody of Twilight put out by Harvard Lampoon and is hilarious. Last week the book was 30% off but knowing the price would come down further I hid it behind a zombie Christmas book :lol:. Yesterday when I went back it was still there and 40% off! Go me :D.

Edited by peacefield

Read The Immortals: Night Star today. This series has definitely picked up since the first book, which I was a bit ambivalent over, but I liked this one, but I'm quite glad to find out the next book will be the last in the series. I do like to know the authors have a definite end in sight!

I went to the bookshop today and brought,

The Stonehenge Legacy - Sam Christie

As long as its pink, the sexual politics of taste - Penny Sparke

Angela's Ashes - Frank McCourt

Huckleberry Finn - Mark Twain

Caroline - Stephen King

A Series of Unfortunate Events - The Reptile Room - Lemony Snicket

all for £5

Caroline - Stephen King

Do you mean Carrie? I've not heard of Caroline, and Amazon reveals nothing.

I purchased The Help by Kathryn Stockett today, after hearing so many rave reviews. I paid a bit more than I wanted to for the Kindle version, but it sounds so good that I just have to read it. :doh::lol:

I'm also still reading Ubik by Philip K Dick, which is finally coming together in my head.

Last week the book was 30% off but knowing the price would come down further I hid it behind a zombie Christmas book :lol:. Yesterday when I went back it was still there and 40% off! Go me :D.

Hahaha! I love it! You're awesome, Peace; a woman after my own heart. :D

I haven't had much book activity all weekend, unfortunately; I've been completely absorbed in my new iPad. :) I did, however, lend my Mum a new stack of books.

Hopefully I can wean myself of my iPad long enough to do a little reading this afternoon.

Finished Our Tragic Universe- Scarlett Thomas yesterday. Started Frankenstien- Mary Shelly on my I-pod today but not sure if I will continue, was just I had nothing else to read.