Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 14

Chrissy

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Read two hundred pages or so of A Week In December by Sebastian Faulks in the early hours of this morning to finish it off. Started off slowly but improved as it progressed and in the end I'm glad I persevered despite the dialogue being a bit of a struggle at times.

Managed to read well over two hundred pages of The Redbreast by Jo Nesbo and with a couple of hundred left I'm really starting to fly through it now the pace has picked up.

I bought The Life and Death of King John by Shakespeare today - in readiness for (hopefully!) seeing it on Saturday 26 March at Stratford!

*desperately looks for a Facebookish "like" button. I so hope you like it - it's definitely not one of Billy's real blockbusters but I think it deserves more recognition than is usually given to it, there's some real fabulous dialogue and 99% of the characters are really great to hate :D!

Just finished One Of Our Thursdays Is Missing. Not sure what I'll read next ...

Ended up recommending this to two uni friends today as we were conversing on metanarrativeness, one of them actually took notes so I hope to have made a convert...!

Raided Waterstones!! Finally bought 1001 books you must read before you die. Had a skim through and found myself disagreeing already. Any list that misses out the Iliad and the Odyssey is incomplete!!

Agreed.

I've made some nice headway on Surface Detail and am now drawing closer to the end. I don't want it to end - as always, Iain M. Banks draws me into his intricate world with subtle and sophisticated ethical dilemmas coupled with awesome science fiction theories.

I really recommend him to anyone who enjoys, or doesn't yet enjoy, the genre.

I finished The lovely Bones - Alice Sebold and have started The Screwtape Letters - CS Lewis

What did you think of The Lovely Bones? I bought it the other day on good recommendation and I think I'll get to reading it sooner rather than later.

I bought The Devil's Star yesterday from a local charity shop and will read it after The Redbreast, I am loving Harry Hole at the moment.

I'm guessing you're enjoying The Redbreast? I have about a hundred pages left after reading some more late last night. I wasn't impressed with the start with the novel but now everything's coming together. The plot has flown in the last couple of hundred pages and I'm enjoying the twists and turns. Actually, I think I might go finish it off now.

Edited by Ben

What did you think of The Lovely Bones? I bought it the other day on good recommendation and I think I'll get to reading it sooner rather than later.

I enjoyed it, it was just a little bit upsetting with what happens in the begining! Trying not to give to much away and spoil it for you!

Finished The Brutal Art by Jesse Kellerman. Was lucky to have a day or reading, that with my fantastic mojo. I enjoyed it. I will be good and at some point do my reading diary on here.

So I have started to re- read. Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. Which is a book on my LOST book club list.

I am also reading Little Girls Lost by J.A. Kerley. Already half way through it and it's good so far.

I enjoyed it, it was just a little bit upsetting with what happens in the begining! Trying not to give to much away and spoil it for you!

Ooh consider me intrigued now. :lol:

In other news I finished The Redbreast by Jo Nesbo and I thought it had a fantastic conclusion; I'll definitely be looking out for more of his work.

The World of Jeeves by sir Wodehouse. Two conclusions after I finished:

• I'm definitely going to get the rest of the Jeeves books
  • I'm going to sit on my girlfriend until she reads it too

Glad you're enjoying Wodehouse! He's one of my favourite authors. All of his non-Jeeves books are just as good, too. :)

Decided to start Mr Rosenblum's List today. Hoping it will be a nice, gentle Sunday read :smile2:

I'm just a few pages short of finishing this (work got in the way...grr!) It is definitely a nice, gentle read.

Bought and read a few books since I was here last :blush:

I bought

Heart of the Dragon by Gene Showalter

Jewel of Atlantis by Gena Showalter

The Nymph King by Gena Showalter

The Vampire's Bride by Gena Showalter

Flirt by Laurell K Hamilton

Bullet by Laurell K Hamilton

Die For Me by Karen Rose

Scream For Me by Karen Rose

Kill for Me by Karen Rose

The Gena Showalter books I got for a bargain in The Works and the rest from Amazon. I've read all the Gena Showalter ones in the last few days and am about to start Flirt :)

Bought and read a few books since I was here last :blush:

I bought

Heart of the Dragon by Gene Showalter

Jewel of Atlantis by Gena Showalter

The Nymph King by Gena Showalter

The Vampire's Bride by Gena Showalter

Flirt by Laurell K Hamilton

Bullet by Laurell K Hamilton

Die For Me by Karen Rose

Scream For Me by Karen Rose

Kill for Me by Karen Rose

The Gena Showalter books I got for a bargain in The Works and the rest from Amazon. I've read all the Gena Showalter ones in the last few days and am about to start Flirt :)

I have read a few Gena Showalter's in the past not sure if it was any of these though, vey similar to Sherilyn Kenyon but an easy read nonetheless hope you enjoyed them :D , I have given up on Laurell K Hamilton for the moment got so bored with her books, I did get a Kresley Cole from Amazon this morning part of guilty pleasure of vampire and associated paranormal romance's:mrgreen: have you ever tried her?

I am most of the way through Alex Bell -Lex Trent Versus the Gods this is not as good a Jasmyn it mye because this is aimed at a younger audience but its a fun read nonetheless, probably finish it this evening.