Louise's Books 2007

Louiseog

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prefer Simon Brett Fethering Mysteries which are in a similar vein

I've read a couple of those - they were enjoyable. I've also read his 'Mrs Pargeter' books - not so good but an easy read - they were perfect for when my children required more attention than they do now!

I think Agatha Raisin is more like Mrs Pargeter.

Susanna Gregory 'Blood on the Strand' second Thomas Chaloner story.

I love her Matthew Bartholomew books set in Medieval Cambridge about a doctor, this is a similar theme in that it is set around a man who is a bit different to the norm but he is a spy in Restoration London. Listened to the first and wasn't that bothered so read this one, and am still a bit confused, lots of characters, very few of them from the first book and I found myself forgetting who they were!

Having said that not much to think about, good story, goodies mainly win and its an interesting view of a period in history about which I know little of the social aspect.

A Sunday in the pool in Kigali - Gil Courtemanche

I blame you for the Matthew Bartholomew series!!! :( They are very good and I'm now looking out for them in the librar - a very good recommendation Louise!!!

Phew!

I am really enjoying Sunday by the pool in Kigali. Not fun and very sad but thought provoking.

My reading challenge for 2008 is to try and read these books. Have just started the list (alphabetically) will start a new 2008 log when it is (2008 that is).