Louise's Books 2007

Louiseog

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

On holiday, between theme parks, shuttle and fun!!!! I read:

The House of the Red Slayer (Sorrowful Mysteries of Brother Athelstan) by Paul Doherty

I'm enjoying this series and will read more.

Jane Fallon Getting Rid of Matthew, an easy read with a twist.

Kate Harrison The Starter marriage, knew it was coming but good story and characters - not her best im my opinion

Relic, Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child quite good but a bit far fetched for me

Calling on Lily Louise Harwood, not worth bothering really.

The Magdalene Cipher Jim Hougan - thriller supposed to be a la Brown but not great, good idea but a bit far fetched and rubbish ending

Last Testament Sam Bourne much better thriller great pace and good idea.

The Tidal Poole, Karen Harper- Elizabeth I as a detective good idea and fun.

Summer in the City Pauline McLynn - I loved this, a but like Maupin friends lives interlocking and their stories interlink, agreeable surprise.

James Anderson, The Affair of the Bloodstained Egg Cosy.

The theft of the diamond necklace and the antique pistols might all be explained, but the body in the lake - that was a puzzle. "Don't expect me to solve anything," Inspector Wilkens announced modestly when he arrived to sort out the unpleasantness. And at a house party that included English aristocracy, foreign agents in disguise, a ravishing baroness, a daring jewel thief, a Texas millionaire, and of course, the imperturbable butler, it was going to take some intricate sleuthing to uncover who killed whom and why.

Agatha Christie with a tongue in cheek, great fun, although it was a murder mystery!.

Little Sister Laura Lippman, this is a proof copy that someone lent me and I think it has another title now, a woman is arrested after a hit and run accident and claims to be a child who disappeared thirty years before. The tale jumps around between time and people but ultimately makes sense although I thought that the ending was a bit rushed.

Little Sister Laura Lippman, this is a proof copy that someone lent me and I think it has another title now, a woman is arrested after a hit and run accident and claims to be a child who disappeared thirty years before. The tale jumps around between time and people but ultimately makes sense although I thought that the ending was a bit rushed.

It's now called What The Dead Know, Louise.:(

Edward Rutherford, Ireland, The Awakening. This book is huge but I have loved all of his others so am optimistic

I have two of his (London and Sarum) that I have owned for ages, but have yet to read. Good to hear something positive about his books - it may motivate me to get cracking on them. :(

I have two of his (London and Sarum) that I have owned for ages, but have yet to read. Good to hear something positive about his books - it may motivate me to get cracking on them. :)

I love this series, Sarum is great, they area very huge but very easy to get into use the index of names at the front and it makes much more sense.

I've read Sarum twice which is unheard of or me!

It's now called What The Dead Know, Louise.:(

Thank you knew you'd be the one to help!

Took me ages but read Ireland-the Awakening. It was the history of Ireland from Tudor times to independence although the bulk is Cromwell to the famine (1640s to 1840s) and in fact 1916 etc was in the last 40 pages. A really interesting read with lots of history which was explained well. Found myself reading bits out to oh!

Now Craig Russell Eternal which I think is the most recent in the Blood Eagle, Brother Grimm series.