Cricket

Kylie

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm certainly glad the test has made it to the fifth day. :) I went out last night and missed the entire day's play, so I'll be glad to catch the end of it tonight (today). I'm glad to see it will be a reasonably close game. It's never fun when one team smashes another, even when it's your own team that wins.

On the subject of walking, I must admit that while I hold cricketers who walk in very high esteem, part of me also thinks that a cricketer should always wait to be dismissed by an umpire, simply because it seems to be more respectful to wait for the dismissal. Is that crazy?

I was wondering, do any of you actually attend cricket matches? I'm not sure where you all live in relation to where the test matches are played, but do you ever go out of your way to attend an international game or even a county game? I think I've only ever been to one state match here (our equivalent of your county games), which I feel a bit ashamed of. I should be more supportive of the less popular teams.

I'm now dating someone who isn't a cricket fan at all, but he's amenable enough to attend a game with me one day, just to see what it would be like. I'm thinking I should perhaps take him to a 20/20 match, which would obviously be more likely to retain his interest (and hopefully convert him!) than making him sitting through a test day, where potentially very little could happen.

I've never been before but I live near Headingley in Leeds and I'm going to watch England v. Australia in September. Safe to say I'm rather excited.

I can't believe I haven't managed to get down there before though. I'm a massive fan of cricket and Headingley's a top cricketing ground, so I really don't know why I haven't made the (very minimal) effort before.

Ah well, I'm going soon!

Far too close for comfort. I have been to the cricket before, I went to day 3 of an ashes test at the Oval in 2005. I had to buy a ticket from a tout so it was more expensive than it should have been but it was one of my favourite days ever.

Cook looked to react really slowly for his lbw, I suspect he wasn't expecting the ball to come off the seam as much as it did. I was probably a little harsh on Root but he needs to get some runs soon. Harris did bowl well and bringing in Watson was a great bit of captaincy. It's good to see Bell batting well again, I'm a big fan of his.

If I had a dollar for every time an Aussie had taken a wicket and then found it was a no-ball...Fair dinkum! :banghead:  How hard is it to keep at least part of your foot behind the line?! It's my number 1 pet hate with the Australian team (as well as the number of extras they bowl in general). If I was the coach, it would be the first and last thing we worked on...Every. Single. Day.

I'm following it on the BBC's text commentary; I thought it was just Pietersen that had made the a poor shot with the other two being trapped lbw? (They are saying Harris have been bowling really well).

Yeah, I think that was the case.  Really good bowling, apart from Pattinson, great length and line.

Myself, I thought it couldn't have gotten off to a better start. :D

I caught the breakthrough wicket last night, which I thought happened just before the end of play, but evidently I missed at least couple of other wickets? :o I can't believe I keep missing all the action! I missed the first three wickets and then was glued to the telly while no wickets were taken for hours. Then I just missed the end of last night's play and the beginning of today's play, so I have effectively seen exactly 2 of the 9 wickets taken. *rolls eyes*