Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 13

Chrissy

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have now started The Swan Thieves- Elizabeth Kostova

Excellent, Lucy!! I so loved that book - I hope you enjoy it too! :D

I've got about 100 pages left of The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie and am honestly thinking of going out and getting it's sequel this week. If not, I'll probably start the next Sookie book - #4 in the series.

I'm 230 pages into The Left Hand Of God and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. Planning to finish it today. It's not totally adult and it's not totally YA - I like fantasyish novels in the middle because the purely YA ones aren't deep enough for me and the adult ones are never credible or detailed enough for me. It's fairly quirky and I'll more than likely be buying the second book when it comes out in January.

I loved The Historian so I'm hoping to enjoy this one too. Trying not to get my hopes up too high though because I don't want to be disappointed.

I started and finished 'The Lost Symbol', Dan Brown's latest offering. As always an enjoyable tug along story, where you occasionally have to suspend you sense of belief/reality and just go with it.

The appeal of his books I believe lies in the symbols. we all love mystery and enigmatic hidden meanings and stuff. Dan Brown just wangles loads of them together in a rompng yarn.

Have a Little Faith by Mitch Albom

I saw he had another one out....would like to read that one.

Just finished 'The Cross Country Quilters' ~ Jennifer Chiaverini.

Last night I finished The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie and will hopefully be posting my thoughts later tonight! I thoroughly enjoyed it :D. I think I'll be moving on to the next Sookie book next, but I'll see what my mood is.

Last night I finished The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie and will hopefully be posting my thoughts later tonight! I thoroughly enjoyed it :D. I think I'll be moving on to the next Sookie book next, but I'll see what my mood is.

I look forward to your views. I bought it a while back, but haven't got round to it yet. Your words of wisdom could save it from being condemned to languish in a pile of other contenders ....

I've got about 100 pages left of The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie and am honestly thinking of going out and getting it's sequel this week. If not, I'll probably start the next Sookie book - #4 in the series.

I look forward to your views. I bought it a while back, but haven't got round to it yet. Your words of wisdom could save it from being condemned to languish in a pile of other contenders ....

It's one of the Top Notches in the library at the moment - I keep looking at it wondering - it seems very popular on this site.

I picked up a book of E.A. Poe works again, but found I was too absent minded for reading anything besides "the Raven". Good one though, even though usually I don't like poems. ;)

The Raven is one of my favourite poems. :) I'm glad you enjoyed it too.

I haven't had any time to read in the last few days, but Frankie gave me two books yesterday:

Purge by Sofi Oksanen

The Brothers Lionheart by Astrid Lindgren

They both look really interesting. Thanks Frankie! smile2.gif

I haven't had any time to read in the last few days, but Frankie gave me two books yesterday:

Purge by Sofi Oksanen

The Brothers Lionheart by Astrid Lindgren

They both look really interesting. Thanks Frankie! smile2.gif

I read a review of Purge in the weekend papers a couple of weeks ago, and put it on my list. It sounds a good one, but perhaps quite intense.

I haven't done any reading for a few days but picked up 3 books in the charity shop today

Every Man For Himself Beryl Bainbridge

Prey Michael Crichton

The Garden of the Dead William Broderick