Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 13

Chrissy

Since I have been hearing so much about The Passage by Justin Cronin, I decided to follow the beat of my own drum and read Mary and O'Neil instead, by the same author. :P

Both that and The Summer Guest sound like excellent reads.

I've added Cleopatra, A Life by Stacy Schiff to my present reading. Blackout is ok, but the first two chapters are a bit much, so I switched over to the Schiff for the time being.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had this on my TBR pile for quite awhile so good to hear you enjoyed it :D

I'd had it waiting for months before I got around to reading it! I thoroughly enjoyed it from start to finish, I hope you enjoy it as much when you read it.

I am sad...so sad...I finished The Snowman last night so I am now up to date with all the Jo Nesbo's currently translated into English am going to have to find a replacement author..brilliant book though :D

I'm reading Chronicle of a death foretold by Gabriel Garcia Marquez. It's quite a short novel but to be honest I'm a bit burnt out after The Silmarillion, so I'm taking my time :)

Both that and The Summer Guest sound like excellent reads.

It is excellent so far. I am almost half way done already. The characters are instantly sympathetic and the prose is gorgeous.

Maybe I will do a review when I am finished if I can find the time. :)

I started and finished 'Witch And Wizard', a young adult book by James Patterson. With my 2010 constantly wavering mojo I have really struggled, so it's been great to have an occasional quick but good read, an YA books seem to fit the bill.

A fast paced, well described story that delivers the book's concepts with clarity and humour. I am looking forward to getting the next book in the series.

I have been quite crictical of James Patterson's books in recent years, especially his collaborations, but this time the formula has worked well.

I've only managed to read about 40 pages of Ghost Writer since the last time I posted, but I'm hoping to get a lot read today. The sub-zero temps outside will keep me indoors under a warm blanket!

I received 3 books in the mail today:

Sarah Hall: Daughters of the North

Susan Hill: Howards End is on the Landing

China Mieville: Kraken

I've also read more of Plath's journals and First Among Sequels.

I started reading a Tess Gerritssen I picked up on a stall on Sat for 40p called Bloodstream its one of her really early ones not to bad flavours of Koontz and King in that teenagers have gone mad and injuring and killing peopple quite a short book so I expect I will finish it this evening.

I received 3 books in the mail today:

Susan Hill: Howards End is on the Landing

Aaah yeah! :cool: I hope you enjoy it :smile2:

I started and finished Mesimarjani, pulmuni, pääskyni by Hilkka Ravilo yesterday and now I'm reading Veijo Meri's Manillaköysi.

Haven't been reading too much over the last few days, have been ill and have no concentration. Is getting better now though.

Yesterday went Christmas shopping got:

Brown bear, brown bear what do you see? For my niece

To Kill a Mockingbird for a friend

House Rules- Jodi Picoult for myself (whoops)

Read almost 100 pages of Ghost Story by Peter Straub. It hasn't grabbed me yet, and I'm not in the mood to force my way through it.

I'm putting it aside for another time.

I'm going to read the new one by one of my favorite authors, The Bards of Bone Plain by Patricia McKillip. :D

I received JRR Tolkien's Letters from Father Christmas in the mail today (thanks for the recommendation Poppyshake!) It looks lovely. I'm definitely going to read this in the lead-up to Christmas.

In the meantime I'm getting on with Plath's journals; I feel as though I'm on the home stretch even though I've got over 100 pages to go. And I'm about a third of the way through First Among Sequels.

I finfished my Tess Gerritssen this morning it was a very early one called Bloodstream, not that great to be honest the storyt was very reminiscent of another I had read.

Not sure what to read next I have Moab is my Washpot - Stephen Fry and Generation Dead started might just see how I feel at the end of the day.