Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 13

Chrissy

I'm enjoying the Ghost Writer (thanks again Weave), and have already passed Harwood's name on to a couple of people :).

Ghost Writer was excellent! Looking forward to reading The Seance when I get around to it. Yes, thanks again, Weave. :D

Yayyyy Kylie!! :clapping:

I couldn't finish The Fountainhead, although I did enjoy Atlas Shrugged. I think it's usually the other way around. Guess I'm weird. :lol:

Completed 65 pages of The House of the Seven Gables. Hawthorne's writing is magical, he has been going on about a house for nearly 40 pages and I was left wanting more.

Looking forward after your post to reading Hawthorne. I have the one you are reading, The Scarlet Letter, and a book of short stories by him, all given to me by my sister. :)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Read another 50 pages of Under the Dome it's starting to pick up a bit :)

I have been thinking about picking up Under the Dome, but I've been a bit disappointed with some King's later books so I've avoided it so far!

Today, so far, I've read 50 pages of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

I'm stuck at work so I haven't done any reading today. I only have about 5 chapters to go on The Family until I'm finished. Might finish it tonight if I glue my eyes open or something :D

I received two books today: China Mieville's Kraken (pb) and Clive Barker's Abarat :Days of Magic, Nights of War (book 2)

I loved Kraken its a wierd book but quite compelling

Finished Ann Cleeves' Shetland crime novel RAVEN BLACK,and didn't guess who the killer was!

Started Maggie Stiefvater's werewolf novel SHIVER.

I have just finished Shiver on recommendations from here and I loved it

Had a bit of a haul from the library today but got 2 books I have already read Modest Blaise Peter O'Donnell and Jongo Terry Pratchett as well as Disco for the Departed - Colin Catterill and Silent on the Moor - Deanna Raybourn also got another audio book Buried - Mark Billingham I already have on in the car at the moment but I am not conviced by the narrator who has the ability to put you off even a good book.

I finished The Woman in Black by Susan Hill last night - it was brilliant. :)

I also read about 20 pages of Plath's journals, and around 80 pages of Anne of the Island.

Frankie gave me another book as well: Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers by Mary Roach. :)

Edited by Kylie

Looking forward after your post to reading Hawthorne. I have the one you are reading, The Scarlet Letter, and a book of short stories by him, all given to me by my sister. :)

I have a wonderfully old collection of all his novels and a few of his stories. I also own a separate copy of The House of the Seven Gables and Tanglewood Tales For Boys And Girls. The latter is a wonderful collection of Greek Mythology retold. The name has bogged me but what's in a name?

I'll be sure to review the book once I'm done with it.

On topic: I've been a lazy person today. Didn't read anything since I skipped my morning walk and I have written nothing in a looooong time! Shame on me!

I have been thinking about picking up Under the Dome, but I've been a bit disappointed with some King's later books so I've avoided it so far!

Today, so far, I've read 50 pages of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

Yes this is the first Stephen King I've read in quite a few years The Black House was the last one I read before the Dome & that put me off reading anymore until now. To be fair the second half of the book has been better than the start & I'm hoping it'll have a good ending :)

I loved Kraken its a wierd book but quite compelling

That's good, I enjoy weird reads :)

Frankie gave me another book as well: Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers by Mary Roach. :)

I noticed you added this on goodreads and the title caught my eye. I checked it out and just had to add to my wishlist, it sounds good. :blush:

I noticed you added this on goodreads and the title caught my eye. I checked it out and just had to add to my wishlist, it sounds good. :blush:

It does sound great. Frankie thoroughly enjoyed it and I heard her laughing quite a bit too!

It does sound great. Frankie thoroughly enjoyed it and I heard her laughing quite a bit too!

I would heartily recommend it, chrysalis_stage! There were some really interesting stories about what happens and what might happen to human cadavers in the end and I confess, I was laughing quite a lot along the way :blush: Not for the easily disturbed. Probably the most fascinating non-fictional book I've ever read.

I started reading Cold Comfort Farm yesterday. So far pretty good.

I'm enjoying the Ghost Writer (thanks again Weave), and have already passed Harwood's name on to a couple of people :).

I'm glad you are enjoying it hen, I can't wait to hear what you think :)

I'm still reading 'The Book Thief' by Markus Zusak :)

I finished The Woman in Black by Susan Hill last night - it was brilliant. :)

I haven't read the book, I saw the play in London last year and loved it. My mother has read it and thinks it's fabulous (and she is a very hard lady to please!). I'm going to give it a read in December.

Yes this is the first Stephen King I've read in quite a few years The Black House was the last one I read before the Dome & that put me off reading anymore until now. To be fair the second half of the book has been better than the start & I'm hoping it'll have a good ending :)

I'll request a copy from the library :)

A friend of mine has just finished this, I am quite interested myself, I have dug a few human remains but never the recently dead, although some did still have hair...yukky :D

I finished Jingo - Terry Pratchett this morning, I had forgotten that I had read it before but it was no bother to read it again, I do like Pratchett for a nice easy amusing read. The Audio Book I have in the car is starting to annoy me, The Burying Place - Brian Freeman but I think its the narrator he makes all the womens voices sound really nasally and whiney.

As it took us 11 hours instead of 5 to get home from our vacation, my bf treated us each to two new books (to make day a happy one again).

I got:

Agatha Christie > Fata Morgana (They do it with mirrors)

Krystyna Kuhn > Das Tal Season 1.1. Das Spiel

Edited by lopeanha