The Last Film You Saw

Chrissy

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watched Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows part 1, epic!! looking forward to part 2!

I really want to see this but am waiting for part two, I hate to be left hanging lol

Hoping to go see Scream 4 tonight

No, I've not seen The Road, but I had heard it was pretty depressing so I had in the back of my mind that I needed to steer clear of it. It's with Viggo Mortensen, right?

Yep, that's the one. It is really depressing, I felt so down and kept thinking is this misery never going to end. A very good movie and I'm glad I lasted til the end (if you end up watching it, do not stop no matter what, you have to last the whole movie!), but I did feel like I was robbed of two hours of normal contentedness.

Tonight me and BF are going to watch Needful Things which I borrowed from the local library. I've never seen it but I love the book. It'll be interesting to see if this is a superb King filmatisation or a really crappy one - there's no middle ground with him :lol:

I feel like my boyfriend and I have been watching movies nonstop lately. We've recently watched:

Lost in Translation

A Fish Called Wanda

Bon Cop, Bad Cop

The Sting

The Quiet Man

A Single Man

The Godfather

The Godfather Part II

Amelie

A Very Long Engagement

And we just saw Les Petits Mouchoirs (Little White Lies) at a theater in Montreal during a recent visit. I highly recommend it! Such a great film!

Love Lost in Translation, Bookworm! Definitely one of my faves :D.

I watched The Graduate the other night, and last night I popped in Close Encounters of the Third Kind to fall asleep to. I practically know it by heart but it's nice to have on in the background as I drift off.

Love Lost in Translation, Bookworm! Definitely one of my faves :D.

I watched The Graduate the other night, and last night I popped in Close Encounters of the Third Kind to fall asleep to. I practically know it by heart but it's nice to have on in the background as I drift off.

Lost in Translation is one of my favs too. Bill Murray is just brilliant in it. How was The Graduate? I have it on my Netflix queue, but I never get around to watching it.

Lost in Translation is one of my favs too. Bill Murray is just brilliant in it. How was The Graduate? I have it on my Netflix queue, but I never get around to watching it.

Ditto on Bill Murray! The Graduate was pretty good, I had it in my Netflix queue too and finally decided to watch it. I'd never seen it before. I've come to the conclusion that I loved the way it was filmed, and I loved the music, but otherwise I was slightly underwhelmed. I'm glad I saw it though :D.

The past few weeks I saw many movies, both on YouTube and on tv. One of the pleasant surprises was 'Confessions of a shopaholic', I haven't read the book and thought the movie would be just a little funny but nothing more than that. When we watched it, it was even better than anticipated and worth watching.

We also (my children and I) watched 'The Number 23' on YouTube, the entire movie is uploaded there for anyone interested. Many critics didn't like it, but I thought it was a great story and no weak acting from anyone in it. There were quite some surprises near the end. Even though it's all superstition imho, still a fascinating story.

There were more movies we watched such as 'Jane Eyre' and 'Wuthering Heights' (different adaptions available on YouTube). For a books lover and someone who prefers books over movies, I do watch a lot of movies! :D:giggle2::blush:

Edited by sadya

Ditto on Bill Murray! The Graduate was pretty good, I had it in my Netflix queue too and finally decided to watch it. I'd never seen it before. I've come to the conclusion that I loved the way it was filmed, and I loved the music, but otherwise I was slightly underwhelmed. I'm glad I saw it though :D.

Bill Murray <3

I agree, it wasn't as amazing as I thought it would be but pretty great in it's own right. It was nice to see Dustin Hoffman as a younger actor. The music was indeed amazing. The Simon and Garfunkel songs in particular. I just found out last week what The Sound of Silence -song is about, a pretty disturbing story :(

Edit: I'm referring to the Kitty Genovese case, on the youtube page for the song it was said to be the inspiration for the song but on the wiki page only the Kennedy assassination is mentioned.

Edit: And yes of course the Kennedy assassination was awful too.

Edited by frankie

Hoffman looked so young in the film, Frankie! It was also funny to recognize all kinds of other actors - Richard Dreyfuss had a scene, the actor who played the Mayor of Amity in Jaws, and a guy from that old TV show 'Three's Company.' I had no idea!

I had heard that Simon started writing Sound of Silence after the Kennedy assassination, but I had no idea it was also connected to the Genovese case. Interesting! And yes, very sad indeed :(.

I watched Beautiful Girls last night - one of my faves! :D

I watched The Sound of Music for the umpteenth time. Funny, usually I only watch it when it's on TV (which is often) but I had an unusual urge to watch it yesterday.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1 DVD - 7/10, it was ok and Emma Watson looks stunning but it did miss a lot of bits out from the book which is one of the reason why I am always sceptical of book adaption films. Very long duration also. The second one will be better as that is where the real action begins and is the main part.

Fast and Furious 5 - 10/10 - Went to the cinema to see this, can not fault it. Great action with the car/police chase with the safe of money on the back of the car and elements of humour from Tyrese Gibson and Ludracis. Best one yet.

There's a fast and furious 5really?? Didn't realise there was a 3 and 4! And you gave it a 10/10? Hmmm!!

I watched The Road last night and was petrified one minute and bubblinh my eyes out the next - pretty tragic and depressing film but probably quite a true reflection on how the end of the world, if that's what it was meant to be, would be. I have't actually read the book but presume it was some nuclear fallout that caused it all. Not sure if the book gives more history.