The Last Film You Saw

Chrissy

I saw Paul, and while I enjoyed it, it definitely wasn't up there with Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz. Still, seeing Simon and Nick on the big screen is always a good thing! :D

I watched Welcome to the Rileys last night and it was surprisingly pretty good. James Gandolfini was excellent in it!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before they made films, they made a couple of series of a sitcom called Spaced - you should definitely try that, it's completely brilliant! They have recently made a new film called Paul (they're actually over in Australia promoting it at the moment) but I haven't seen it, so don't know what it's like. It is with a different director and a hollywood budget, and from the reviews I've seen, I don't think it's quite the same sort of humour or quite so British in its style.

Spaced was hilarious. Truly amazing series, that.

Bang Rajan 2, which is a Thai movie and sequel to bang rajan, which is true story about battle between Siam and Burma that is like to Thais what The Alamo is to Americans. Both these movies have really great battle scenes, even better than Bravehart in my opinion.

I watched The Quiet American and it was fantastic! It was amazingly close to the book, which is so rare for a movie adaptation.

The Tourist - It was alright with a couple twists here and there but not good overall. Johnny Deep looks like he walked off the Pirates of the Caribbean set and landed on this set. 5/10

Skyline - Very awful cheap movie with some bad acting. 3/10

Just ONE of of my favourite films of all time in Labyrinth! I have loved it since I was a kid and still watch it! David Bowie looks strangely attractive in those grey tights...he's definitely the ugliest sexy man I have seen haha

Before they made films, they made a couple of series of a sitcom called Spaced - you should definitely try that, it's completely brilliant! They have recently made a new film called Paul (they're actually over in Australia promoting it at the moment) but I haven't seen it, so don't know what it's like. It is with a different director and a hollywood budget, and from the reviews I've seen, I don't think it's quite the same sort of humour or quite so British in its style.

I saw Paul, and while I enjoyed it, it definitely wasn't up there with Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz. Still, seeing Simon and Nick on the big screen is always a good thing! :D

Somehow I missed both of these comments and just found out elsewhere about Paul. I was so thrilled and came here to let you all know, but of course it's just me that's behind the times. I'm definitely going to go and see Paul, and also see if I can track down Spaced. :D

Somehow I missed both of these comments and just found out elsewhere about Paul. I was so thrilled and came here to let you all know, but of course it's just me that's behind the times. I'm definitely going to go and see Paul, and also see if I can track down Spaced. :D

I added Spaced to my Netflix queue so I'm excited to see it! Gotta love those guys.

I attempted to watch 'Elizabethtown' a few nights ago but ugh, too slow for me. I couldn't finish it.

I saw that Perfume was on tv last night but it was on too late for me so I will be catching it on the I-player this week.

Is it any good ? how does it compare to the book ?

I loved the book and I loved the movie, I wholeheartedly recommend both of them. :smile2:

I watched The Road two nights ago with BF. What a depressing movie. I'm not going to watch another drama movie this year, it all needs to be fluffy comedy, superficial stuff! Let my brain rest a little.

I think you might be yearning for a drama or two after watching several 'superficial stuff' films, Frankie! ;) 8 months is a long time to go without a good drama!

I watched My Life in Ruins yesterday morning and blech. Boring and just ho-hum, but at least I could look at all the gorgeous Greek scenery I guess!

I think you might be yearning for a drama or two after watching several 'superficial stuff' films, Frankie! ;) 8 months is a long time to go without a good drama!

Well, maybe a light drama. Nothing as drastic and dramatic as The Road. Have you seen it? I mean, don't get me wrong, it's a good movie, but so miserable!

We watched The Conversation with Gene Hackman the other night. Gives the old expression "Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean no one is after you" a whole new meaning. And...a great twist at the end.

Last night we watched Escape from L.A. with Kurt Russell......what a hoot! If it hasn't become a cult classic, it should! Every cliche in the book.

Well, maybe a light drama. Nothing as drastic and dramatic as The Road. Have you seen it? I mean, don't get me wrong, it's a good movie, but so miserable!

No, I've not seen The Road, but I had heard it was pretty depressing so I had in the back of my mind that I needed to steer clear of it. It's with Viggo Mortensen, right?

Last night after I got home I watched 'Get Low' again. I'll have to watch the bonus stuff when I get a chance, but man! One of my top films from 2010 that's for sure :D.