The Last Film You Saw

Chrissy

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What About Bob?

Love it! Every so often we re-watch it, lots of laughs every time. Bill Murray is really a good actor, and presents what is a serious problem in such a realistic manner.

Love it! Every so often we re-watch it, lots of laughs every time. Bill Murray is really a good actor, and presents what is a serious problem in such a realistic manner.

I know what you mean, I absolutely love Bill Murray!

Swedish movie Änglagård 3. Third and final movie in the triology. Set in a tiny little village in the middle of nowhere, 2 world-travellers arrive when her grandfather dies and leaves the mansion to her. The inhabitants are far from happy, prejudice about them and who they are and fearing they will destroy their entire village. But who among them is her father?

Awesome triology about Sweden, by Englishman Colin Nutley!

I watched District 9 again. Still awesome.

Man, what an excellent film Kylie! :D Definitely one of my faves of the year.

I watched this great documentary on the Newport Jazz Festival last night and it was wonderful! Such great musicians it almost brought tears to my eyes.

Last Cinema Film was Tron: Legacy. But I watched Inception on Blu-Ray last night with the missus.

And, LauraLoves, I know what part in I Am Legend you cry at and that part makes me cry too.

Last Cinema Film was Tron: Legacy. But I watched Inception on Blu-Ray last night with the missus.

And, LauraLoves, I know what part in I Am Legend you cry at and that part makes me cry too.

It awful :( even though I knew it was going to happen I still got upset :(

I'm watching one of the Jurassic Park movies on the tv at the moment.

We went to see True Grit last night. I was impressed, usually remakes either differ so much from an original, or attempt to copy in too much detail. This did neither, sticking to itself, and hopefully the book by Charles Portis. I intend to read it asap for comparisons sake.

Some have complained that the girl, Mattie was too mature for her age, but as far as I know, 14 was a pretty mature age back in those days and from the hints given in the story, such as she did her father's bookkeeping chores, knew what was going on in general with his business and the County's business around her Plus from the few pages of the book I have read, the character is drawn as such.

Jeff Bridges did a fine job as Rooster Cogburn, and I honestly did not recognize Matt Damon as the Texas Ranger. They were practically unrecognizable, and that was a good thing IMO, if they'd looked "normal" they couldn't have passed for characters in the film/time frame.

In the original version John Wayne did a great job as Cogburn, but lets face it, The Duke was The Duke, and usually played some version of himself. God love him. :D

I liked the adaptation of Tomorrow, When the War Began, Cyra. Looking forward to the next one. :)

I tried to watch Hot Fuzz on my PS3; first time playing a Blu-Ray disc. Well, I had to update the system before I could play the movie and now my PS3 has completely frozen. Stupid censored.gif thing. I'm going to be so annoyed if I can't get it working again. So much trouble just to watch a movie!

I know what you mean, I absolutely love Bill Murray!

Oooh I love Bill Murray, but I've never heard of that movie, I think. I must add it to my Must Watch list. Thanks! :smile2:

I'm watching 'Bottle Shock' right now. Lovely Alan Rickman!

Nice, Alan Rickman :wub: Would you happen to remember, was this one of the movies that you suggested I should watch? I'm adding it to my list anyways :cool:

Edit: Almost forgot: I watched The Graduate the other day. Pretty good. I'm thinking I might enjoy the book as well.

Edited by frankie