The Last Film You Saw

Chrissy

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got The Book Of Eli on Blu-Ray yesterday. I love every aspect of the film. The acting is outstanding (As can be expected with Denzel Washington and Gary Oldman), the score is stunningly suited to the film and actually brilliant as reading music (Artist is Atticus Ross... look him up), Cinematography/Photography is breathtaking, and the storyline is thoroughly entertaining. Easily in my Top 5 of films.

I watched Invasion of the Body Snatchers on TV today. The 1956 film. It was very very good.

That's one of my favourite films - much, much better than the remake(s) imo, even if they had to change the end because the studio thought cinema-goers wouldn't be able to handle it. The scenes with the pool table and the greenhouse are absolute classics! :cool:

They're here already. You're next. :wink:

We watched Snatch tonight, one of my faves! I had forgotten about all the great dialogue and characters :D. I'm still very 'awww' though about how Frankie Four Fingers and Bullet Tooth Tony ended up.

That is such a good movie!!! One of my faves too :D

Hmm, what did I watch...Eat, pray, love...Except for the scenery and the endless food scenes...There's also some praying :rolleyes::lol:

That is such a good movie!!! One of my faves too :D

Hmm, what did I watch...Eat, pray, love...Except for the scenery and the endless food scenes...There's also some praying :rolleyes::lol:

You have good taste in films, Brida! ;)

What about the eye candy in Eat, Pray, Love? Did that redeem it at all I hope?

Late last night I decided to throw in a true gem from the '80s, Breakin'! :lol: Man, the acting is sooo horrid, but it sure did bring back some strong memories. Now I wish I owned Breakin' II, Electric Bugaloo! Ha!

I watched Inception the other day. Tom Hardy and Leonardo together is just one of the best ideas I've ever come across. Forget the film...

You have good taste in films, Brida! ;)

What about the eye candy in Eat, Pray, Love? Did that redeem it at all I hope?

Late last night I decided to throw in a true gem from the '80s, Breakin'! :lol: Man, the acting is sooo horrid, but it sure did bring back some strong memories. Now I wish I owned Breakin' II, Electric Bugaloo! Ha!

Why thank you :lol:

I'm affraid not, peacefield... Although one of my friends was all hyped about James Franco, and the other one hates him, which resulted in little fights during the Franco scenes - God, he's ugly...

- What did you just say?!!!

:lol:

Breakin' seems hilarious, never heard of it before though :blush:

:lol: Aww, I'm on Team Franco! You also can't go wrong with Javier Bardem, but that's just me ;)

I picked up Fantastic Mr. Fox yesterday and watched it last night. I hadn't seen it since I saw it at the theatre many months ago and man, I love that movie! It makes me laugh to no end. Wes Anderson is my hero :D.

I bought Star Trek (the 2009 film) last week and only just got around to watching it this evening. It was excellent. I can't get the soundtrack out of my head now though.

I listened to the commentary of Fantastic Mr. Fox yesterday whilst doing my cleaning and it pains me SO much to say this, but Wes Anderson and Owen Wilson are just a wee bit dismal at commentating their films! Ugh, it was hard to listen to.

Right now I have on the commentary for Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind with Michel Gondry and Charlie Kaufman :D. Much better.

The other night we watched Fargo. Man, I had no idea it was so grim. Then we had to watch something funny, so it was one of Jerry Seinfeld's DVDs, I'm Telling You For the Last Time.

Last night we watched another double feature. :)Insomnia...good, good, good! Al Pacino. What else is there to say? :cool:

Then Sliding Doors with Gwyneth Paltrow, pretty good story.

We went to see Another Year last night. It was a little depressing but good. Today I watched Pride and Prejudice (the Keira Knightly version). Interestingly Peter Wight is in both who is somewhat of a family friend.

there was a guy in the train, (whom I didn't know).. I sat right behind him.

he had his lap-top open and he was playing 'The killers' with Ashton Kutcher and Katherine Heigl :D

so umh if it counts.. that was the last film I saw ( well saw is probably not the word I would use.. more peaked on? :D )

but it was good.. even without sound :P