Sherlock

Raven

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just seen the BBC Press Office have said that the new series will start on New Years Day, BBC One, 8:10pm :smile2:

Excellent news, not really long to wait at all. Think I'll check out the new film over Christmas (it's out on the 16th), as well, just to get me in the spirit for the series.

I've been wondering when it would be out, as the first mini series was out in November last year. I'm guessing this was delayed because of Martin Freeman's involvement in The Hobbit... I know there was originally word that he couldn't do the Hobbit because of contractual obligations to Sherlock, but they must have swaped things around a bit so he could do both. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Season 2 of Sherlock starts tonight at 8.10pm on BBC 1 with an episode entitled A Scandal in Belgravia (a twist on A Scandal in Bohemia).

Holmes and Dr Watson investigate a case of blackmail that is threatening to topple the monarchy. They find links to international terrorism, rogue CIA agents and a conspiracy within the British government. Sherlock locks wits with Irene Adler, a woman as ruthless and brilliant as himself.

So, tonight we have the appearance of the one woman who has confounded and intrigued Sherlock - Irene Adler.

I'll be watching. Anyone else?

I think you probably should, Michelle - just in case there's anything in the new series that alludes to the last one... Besides, it introduces the characters so well. :)

Well, watched it. LOVED IT! The writing on this show is absolutely superb. The casting is spot on, and I adore the little things they slip in that hark back to the Victorian version of Sherlock we all know and love (that hat, anyone? LOL!). The updated Sherlock is such a perfect blend of the original stories with a modern take and I love how they show everything that Sherlock notices.

I can hardly wait for next week's episode and am already on a serious downer thinking about how there are only two more episodes to go!!!

Thought it was excellent! Some terrific characterisation and dialogue in there. Loved the ending.

Boomerang!!? How would anyone have worked that out?? :lol:

Happily banishing the memories of the awful Downey/Law movie I saw (I've only seen the first one - that was enough!) ...

I'm thinking I'll probably watch it again - along with last season too. I watched it at the time and loved it, but I think I'd like ot see them a second time.

Incidentally, Dr Watson's blog has been updated as per the episode. Check it out HERE.

laugh.gif yes that made me laugh too. Although, judging by the way they are changing the plots around, it will now probably feature a chihuahua instead - just to throw us off the scent. :tongue:

The Kitten of the Baskervilles?

wink.gif Blimey! what's been going on up on that moor? :smile2:ohmy.gif

You'll be pleased to know that next week's episode is called The Hounds of Baskerville. :)

And now I've been really naughty and downloaded the complete Sherlock Holmes collection to my Kindle ot re-familiarise myself with all the cases so I can play at case spotting when I rewatch all the episodes. How much of a geek does that make me? LOL!

I loved it brilliant start to the series, shame its on 3 parts

Michelle you definitely don't need to have read the originals but they are wprth a read, 9 I know you like audio books the bbc has done some brilliant adaptations I have a few which I listen to in bed)

I had never seen 'Sherlock' until Christmas day, but I loved it! I thought the episode was funny, sharp and the concept of showing the clues that Sherlock was picking up on, really innovative.

One thing though, can anyone explain what was going on with the plane? I understood every twist in the story, except that one.

I had never seen 'Sherlock' until Christmas day, but I loved it! I thought the episode was funny, sharp and the concept of showing the clues that Sherlock was picking up on, really innovative.

One thing though, can anyone explain what was going on with the plane? I understood every twist in the story, except that one.

This might explain things a bit:

They were fooling the terrorists into thinking their plans had gone according to plan, when instead they were going to be blowing up a plan full of already dead bodies so nobody was hurt - it was an unmanned flight). The reference to the Enigma code was to do with something similar but more tragic. In order not to let the Germans know the British had cracked their code, they had to let a city get bombed, even though they knew about it ahead of time If they had acted against it, the Germans would have known the code was cracked and would have changed the code tey used, setting the Brits back again. In this case, they were letting the terrorists think they hadn't cracked their code, but not causing anyone any damage.

Unfortunately, because Sherlock decoded the message and Irene Adler passed the message on, the terrorists knew their code had been cracked, so the decoy "plane of the dead" was now useless.

This might explain things a bit:

They were fooling the terrorists into thinking their plans had gone according to plan, when instead they were going to be blowing up a plan full of already dead bodies so nobody was hurt - it was an unmanned flight). The reference to the Enigma code was to do with something similar but more tragic. In order not to let the Germans know the British had cracked their code, they had to let a city get bombed, even though they knew about it ahead of time If they had acted against it, the Germans would have known the code was cracked and would have changed the code tey used, setting the Brits back again. In this case, they were letting the terrorists think they hadn't cracked their code, but not causing anyone any damage.

Unfortunately, because Sherlock decoded the message and Irene Adler passed the message on, the terrorists knew their code had been cracked, so the decoy "plane of the dead" was now useless.

It now makes sense, that was really bugging me. Thanks! :smile: