Your Weird Habits

MountainGirl

I also get strong hiccups, I can't keep them in and if I try they come out sounding even worse with the pressure built up. I often sound like a bird of prey, pheasant, chicken, mainly some kind of bird or constipated sheep apparently. I've had hiccups on the Yorkshire Moors before and my family throught it was some bird of prey overhead :D

This made me absolutely crack up :D

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes I'll give a little low growl, and people that know me, don't think anything of it. However, a couple of months ago a group from our writer's group were sitting in a coffee house afterwards, drinking coffee, natch. :D The conversation took a turn to a subject that irritated me, and I growled. The guy sitting next to me, who had just that afternoon visited our group, said in an incredulous tone.....Did you just growl??...I replied, [a bit abruptly], yes.

A good friend, to the other side of me said...oh, she's always like that, don't worry.....

I do believe he backed off a bit, and we haven't seen him since...... :D

ah it's so hard being the unappreciated daughter/sister isn't it? :D

Talents fall on deaf ears :D

pontalba - thats funny, what a wuss. I often make a very deep growling noise, for no particular reason just because I like too, it scares my boyfriend especially if I do it at night.

Edited by chrysalis_stage

• 2 months later...

For some reason (probably because I sometimes get easily distracted :blush: ) I have to check 2 or 3 times the info I've written on e.g. postcards (address), answer sheets on tests, various forms I have to fill in for Uni, paying stuff...I'll check the postcard for example, see I've written the address right (and clearly) and put the stamp on, put it away in my bag, take it out again to check AGAIN (even though I'm sure it really is ok), put it away, and then before posting it check one more time :huh: And it's just a postcard!

I just like to make sure everything is correct :D Good thing for my job in the future, I guess...

Edited by Brida

Wow! We're all a bunch of freaks on here!

I'm not superstitious at all when it comes to walking under ladders, Friday the 13th, killing spiders etc. but I am when it comes to routine, especially my working week routine. I have to get up at the exact same time each morning. I have to make the bed before I get dressed, NEVER afterwards. I like to be showered, dressed, hair done and make up on by a certain time. I sit and watch the same 15 minutes of GMTV every morning while eating my breakfast (which is always the same thing - cocoa pops) and I HAVE to leave the house for work exactly 30 minutes before I'm due to start and if I'm ready to leave before this, even just by a couple of minutes, I have to hang around until the clock hits the half hour mark. Oh and I have to walk the EXACT same way to work each morning... I also have to cross over roads in the exact same place too!

If my routine is off by a couple of minutes, or I have to cross the road in a slightly different place than normal because of someone crossing the other way, or because there's a car parked in the wrong place, or because of something equally as silly... well, let's just say it can really screw my day up. It really puts me off my stride and I then worry that something will go wrong at some point during my day and it will have been this that has caused it!