Your Book Activity Today - Thread 11

Janet

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought two books for €3 in a secondhand charity shop today - I was feeling in the mood for some easy horror reads so I picked up unpreviously unread books by Christopher Pike (Road To Nowhere) and James Herbert (Creed). For €1.50 each you can hardly go wrong like.

Well; I got 40 pages into Animal Farm & I'm binning it! Don't know whether I'm just not hooked enough or that I'm missing my mates McCrae; Insch & Steel! ****** it; I'm starting 'Broken Skin'!

Comfort is a gruesome thriller!:lol:

Jim.

Read 112 pages of 'The Forbidden Temple' by Patrick Woodhead.

Not bad actually.Set in Tibet and involving a couple of mountain climbers who are looking for a mysterious temple.

I actually did a cover to cover read yesterday. The book was titled The Painted Drum by Louise Erdrich. It was an amazing read!

Today I'm starting Wench by Dolen Perkins-Valdez. Pre-Civil War tale, very engrossing:readingtwo:

Yesterday I finished The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks. I really enjoyed it :blush: Today I plan to start Miss Smilla for the reading circle

I read 46 pages of The Curious Incident etc. in the shop today (*sniffle*); I'm in Friday afternoon and all day Saturday so I see myself finishing it this week - w00t w00t, could this be the book that gives Giu back her mojo just in time for Generation Dead Books 2 & 3 *prances about in a happy mnner*?

Do you mean that you plan on going to the bookshop on Fri+Sat to read the whole book there? Or do you mean that you have the book and are working in the shop and will have freetime to finish it there? It's a great read, isn't it? I'm glad you're enjoying it :blush:

I've read about 60 pages of Miss Smilla's Feeling for Snow today, and I hope to read a bit more. Yay, I finally feel like I'm making progress. :tong:

Glad to hear! :lol: Sorry that I haven't been able to finish Smilla yet myself, but I'm working on it, I swear :D

I'm still waiting for my parcel of books to arrive :blush: so I haven't got Miss Smila's Feeling for Snow yet.

I started reading Ritual by Graham Masterton - it's been on my book shelf for ages (my sister gave me a load of books she'd read) but I was put off by the cheesy cover. I'm only one chapter in though so it's too soon to tell if it's awful but I noticed on Amazon that it's out of print, don't know if that's a bad sign.

I bought (on b.o.g.o.f) Karen Rose's 'I Can See You' and Kathy Reich's '206 Bones'.

I am feeling guilty though, as I had told OH that I would not be buying anymore books for a while. :tong: It'll soon pass. :blush:

I'm still waiting for my parcel of books to arrive :D so I haven't got Miss Smila's Feeling for Snow yet.

Sorry to hear you haven't had the chance to start it yet :( But at least it's through no fault of your own :)

I bought (on b.o.g.o.f) Karen Rose's 'I Can See You' and Kathy Reich's '206 Bones'.

I am feeling guilty though, as I had told OH that I would not be buying anymore books for a while. :lol: It'll soon pass. :blush:

I should think it'll pass the minute you start reading the books. Or the minute you start reading any book. :tong:

I hav not managed to get any reading done.

But my Mum bought me a book for my brithday called 'Blood is the new Black' by Valerie Stivers. I sounds like it is a cross between Devil wears Prada and True Blood. Sounds quite good.

My children bought me a book based on my favourite TV show Farscape!

My aunt just called to say that she will come down later with my present, and as she is the only family member who likes book I am 100% sure that I wil get a book from here! Whoop whoop!

I also got a

Sorry that I haven't been able to finish Smilla yet myself, but I'm working on it, I swear :lol:

Don't apologise! I don't want anyone to feel pressured to finish it quickly.

I'm still waiting for my parcel of books to arrive :tong: so I haven't got Miss Smila's Feeling for Snow yet.

Not to worry Cookie. We'll be discussing the book for weeks yet and personally I prefer to discuss a book as I read it. If I try to discuss it after I've read the entire thing I find that I've forgotten most of what I've read. :blush:

I hope you receive your books soon.

I hav not managed to get any reading done.

But my Mum bought me a book for my brithday called 'Blood is the new Black' by Valerie Stivers. I sounds like it is a cross between Devil wears Prada and True Blood. Sounds quite good.

My children bought me a book based on my favourite TV show Farscape!

My aunt just called to say that she will come down later with my present, and as she is the only family member who likes book I am 100% sure that I wil get a book from here! Whoop whoop!

I also got a

Not to worry Cookie. We'll be discussing the book for weeks yet and personally I prefer to discuss a book as I read it. If I try to discuss it after I've read the entire thing I find that I've forgotten most of what I've read. :blush:

I forget everything too Kylie!:tong:

I'm thinking of starting either Dracula or The Count of Monte Cristo tonight. I'm undecided as to which one but excited either way :blush:

I understand. I have both these books in my TBR pile and both look to be books I would love. Good luck choosing. :tong:

I have about 60 pages left in The Folk of the Air.

Guest Eliza1

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum :blush: I've just finished cloud atlas by David Mitchell and am about five chapters into The pregnant widow by Martin Amis.

I'm thinking of starting either Dracula or The Count of Monte Cristo tonight. I'm undecided as to which one but excited either way :blush:

Dracula is in my TBR list too, Mexicola, but I can tell you that Count of Monte Cristo is probably my all-time favorite book, so duh! I think you should read that one :lol::tong:.

I'm not too far into 'Family Tree,' but it's been a crazy week so far. Hopefully up at the lake this weekend I'll get lots more done.

I'm nearing the end of the Christopher Pike book I started yesterday, and also have started back on Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell - no I still haven't completed it, but I now have just under 200 pages out of 1000 to read, so I'm not doing that badly. Gonna read more of both tonight, and hopefully finish them both tomorrow/Friday.

I understand. I have both these books in my TBR pile and both look to be books I would love. Good luck choosing. :D

Thanks, Pixie! :)

Dracula is in my TBR list too, Mexicola, but I can tell you that Count of Monte Cristo is probably my all-time favorite book, so duh! I think you should read that one :lol::blush:.

And thank you, peace for pretty much settling it for me. Count it is! :tong: