Your Book Activity Today - Thread 11

Janet

I've read the final book in the Airhead trilogy today, Runaway by Meg Cabot. Not sure what to start next, as I don't have any teenage vampires, teenage werewolves, teenage witches or even plain old fashioned ordinary teenagers on my shelves pleading with me to read their books, so will be returning to proper grown up reading for a while :lol:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finished A minor indiscretion by Carole Matthews last week, now stuck into Size 12 is not fat by Meg Cabot and thoroughly enjoying it!

I've been reading Size 12 is Not Fat slowly, but enjoying it too :lol:

Does dancing for joy because my pretty hardback copies of Generation Dead, The Kiss of Life and Passing Strange have been shipped from the states count :lol:?

Definately!

Decided to read Nocturnes by Kazuo Ishiguro next. The new collection of short stories by Simon Van Booy is out in a couple of weeks, so thought I'd get myself back in short story mode with this one. I've never read any Ishiguro before, but I've been told his early books were great then declined later on, and as this is his latest one, I'm not sure what I'm letting myself in for!

I've read another 50 pages or so of Merrick by Anne Rice. She's such an amazing writer!

I'm considering buying Angel Time (also by Anne Rice) to see if this series compares. :lol:

I finished Black Magic Sanction I enjoyed it, now to finish Shades of Grey and with the week off I can go to the library and visit Waterstones to my hearts content.

Edited by pickle

I haven't had the chance to do that much reading this weekend but I managed to finish Shiver. I don't really rate it to be honest - it wasn't bad enough to quit but it didn't pull me in either.

I'm waiting for my package to arrive from Amazon but my Mum is going away for a few days so I'm not sure what I'm going to do about the delivery.

Finished Lover Mine last night, absolutely loved it. Not sure what to read next, so much to choose from! :lol:

it brings a lot together doesn't it but leves a few more I wouldn't mind a story for.

I read a bit more of Shades of Grey today and I amreally enjoying it.

it brings a lot together doesn't it but leves a few more I wouldn't mind a story for.

Definitely! I even warmed to Xhex and John Matthew in it, I didn't really like either of them before :lol: Really hope the series is continued, would love to find out more about Payne and Mhurder :friends0:

I decided to go with Desire Unchained by Larissa Ione, very similar to the J R Ward series. Guess that's what my mojo wants, Lover Mine was almost 700 pages and I polished it off in a couple of days! :lol: Must keep the old mojo happy eh?

Ah, sorry to hear that Janet, hope your reading mojo comes back soon.

By co-incidence I'm just about to start Tatty. Hope you enjoy The Elephant Keeper I really liked that one :lol:

I've read the first 40 pages of Tatty this morning. It's an unusual style of writing but I have high hopes for it! :friends0:

Iam still reading Percy JAckson and the Lightning thief. Not because it is not very good, it has been such a good read so far (about halfway through) but more because I have just not had the time to read and when I have I have been too tired to get into it.

I have so many good books to read though and my Mum and my best mate let slip they have bought me books for my birthday so I wanna get this boo finished soon. :lol:

Definitely! I even warmed to Xhex and John Matthew in it, I didn't really like either of them before :lol: Really hope the series is continued, would love to find out more about Payne and Mhurder :friends0:

I decided to go with Desire Unchained by Larissa Ione, very similar to the J R Ward series. Guess that's what my mojo wants, Lover Mine was almost 700 pages and I polished it off in a couple of days! :lol: Must keep the old mojo happy eh?

Same here I wasn't sure aout either of them let me know what the Lariss Ione is like as i am looking for another book of that type as I am left waiting for books to come out.

Today at the library I got Tess Gerritsen - Keeping the dead, Jenny White - The Abyssinian proof (looks a bit conspiracy like but it might be ok) I also got an audio book Christopher Brookmyre - Be My Enemy I have read this but can't find it in the library so got it as an audio book instead.

I read 46 pages of The Curious Incident etc. in the shop today (*sniffle*); I'm in Friday afternoon and all day Saturday so I see myself finishing it this week - w00t w00t, could this be the book that gives Giu back her mojo just in time for Generation Dead Books 2 & 3 *prances about in a happy mnner*?