Your Book Activity Today - Thread 11

Janet

So I went to the bookshop to buy a book. And I bought 14.

1. Charles Dickens - A Tale of Two Cities

2. RL Stevenson - Treasure Island

3. Johann Wyss - The Swiss Family Robinson

4. Anna Sewell - Black Beauty

5. Joseph Conrad - Victory

6. HG Wells - The Invisible Man & The Island of Dr. Moreau

7. Mark Twain - The Prince And The Pauper

8. John Milton - Complete English Poems

9. L Frank Baum - The Wizard of Oz

10. Edgar Allan Poe - Spirits Of The Dead: Tales And Poems

11. Lewis Carroll - Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

12. RL Stevenson - The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll And Mr. Hyde, The Merry Men & Other Stories

13. Cecila Ahern - P.S. I Love You

14. F Scott Fitzgerald - Tender Is The Night

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vacation time this week. :D I plan on getting some reading done. :lol: Nothing much else to do but yardwork. :lol:

I started The Great Fire by Shirley Hazzard last night. Good, old-fashioned type of novel. The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest becomes available in the US tomorrow. My Kindle is set for download at 12:01AM. Amazon might set a download record tomorrow.

Great haul, Vinay :lol: going in for 1 book and coming out with 13 extra is what I call shopping skillz. I thoroughly approve of those books you've bought that I have read, by the way.

Which ones are your favourites so far Kylie?:D

Hmm, I just had a good think about this and started writing a couple down before I realised that I really couldn't pick a favourite! I have loved them all very much so far (I've read the first six stories). Sorry I can't be more specific! :lol:

So I went to the bookshop to buy a book. And I bought 14.

Excellent haul Vinay! :lol:

Read a bit more of The Counsellor today for a crime detective novel it has interesting asides about the Russian court, unfortunately I almost forgot to set my alarm and it made me rush for work.

Almost done with The Good Man Jesus and the Scoundrel Christ. The font is huge and there's barely any of it on the page but it's STILL taking me ages to read. :lol: Pffff...

I've got Hornets Nest all set to go. All 500+ pages. But it's on my Kindle, and I read so fast on the little ******, it's within the realm of possibility that I could finish tonight!

Nearly halfway of Angel Time by Anne Rice, hopefully it's not like "oh my god there are angels everywhere and they're so handsome" and "I'm gonna save your life with all my heart and soul because you're the one for me", it's more a story about the personnality of the main character, and although it's slow to start, I have got into the story now!

I'm making my way through The Queen of New Beginnings by Erica James. Read at least 80 pages today and am really enjoying it :lol:

I'm on a roll, it seems.

My copy of Jekyll and Hyde from yesterday was defective so I went to the book store today to get it replaced. They were friendly enough, thank god and replaced it quickly but as I walked to the billing counter, I found the first edition of Robert Jordan's Knife of Dreams, hardbound and in an acceptable condition for just 1.5$!! The original price was 30$! I love my luck. I've bought about 30 books this month. A book a day!!!

Read 200 pages of Here Be Dragons by Sharon Kay Penman,only 500 to go,but worth it! I'm usually a 300-500 reader,so more used to sprints than marathons! :)