Your Book Activity Today - Thread 11

Janet

Two books brought back from out Bookcrossing meetup.

Garfield 'In the Pink'

Storm Front (The Dresden Files) ~ Jim Butcher

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay! And I'm excited for you. :roll: I think you'll love it.

I've read a couple of stories from The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes. Brilliant as always.

I've spent the night thinking and staring at the light creeping gradually into the corner of my room and in between, read 60 pages of 'We Have Always Lived In The Castle', absolutely wonderful :roll:

It is nice, i'd rather be sleeping but hey ho :roll: At least i'm not straining my eyes in the dark, that is overdone as it is!

I didn't realise they were both on the Rory List! I still haven't gotten around to fixing the Rory posts on my reading list so there are only a couple of dozen titles listed, I think. :D But it's nice to know I'm knocking more off the list!

Holy ****, now that I think about it, maybe poor Sherlock is only on 1001 list and not on the Rory list. Anyways, you'll get them ticked off from one list or another :D

I decided to start Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen today. So excited! :roll:

Oooh! I hope you enjoy it! :lol:

I'm on page 250 of Trainspotting, I'm getting to the best part of the book IMO, the one that I remember well eventhough it was 10 years since I last read the book.

Holy ****, now that I think about it, maybe poor Sherlock is only on 1001 list and not on the Rory list. Anyways, you'll get them ticked off from one list or another :D

:D Not to worry. Like you said, I'm getting it ticked off anyway. And it's a great read!

I read the title story of The Lottery and Other Stories, which happens to be the last story in the book but I skipped straight to it because I couldn't wait to read it. :roll:

I've been reading Stardust by Neil Gaimon. I can't believe how much it just flies off the page! Around 80 pages to go, should get that done today :roll:

Read a bit more of Kraken yesterday in the garden and this morning grrrrr for work getting the way of my reading.

I agree! :roll: Thanks goodness it's the weekend and pesky work can't interfere for a little while. I can't wait to hear your thoughts on Kraken (I'm guessing you're enjoying it if work is getting in the way!) It sounds really interesting.

I just picked up a book in the mail: The Carbon Diaries 2017 by Saci Lloyd. Another for my dystopian list. :D

I agree! :roll: Thanks goodness it's the weekend and pesky work can't interfere for a little while. I can't wait to hear your thoughts on Kraken (I'm guessing you're enjoying it if work is getting in the way!) It sounds really interesting.

I just picked up a book in the mail: The Carbon Diaries 2017 by Saci Lloyd. Another for my dystopian list. :D

I am loving it, its wierd but engrossing and this might be the first book I do a review off (eeek)

I'm still trying to get through The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle. I'm loving it, but it's just long. I have about 60 or so books in the waiting, and I just ordered a book about the history of Japanese manga. I'm hopeless. :roll:

I finished Stardust! What a great book :roll: Now I think I will read Erica James: The Queen of New Beginnings - although it is stuck at the bottom of my pile of library books:

th_P1254_21-05-10.jpg

I finished Stardust! What a great book :roll: Now I think I will read Erica James: The Queen of New Beginnings - although it is stuck at the bottom of my pile of library books:

th_P1254_21-05-10.jpg

The difficult decision now of wether to try and ease it out or take the other books off the top.

I have just under 100 pages of Girl With A Dragon Tattoo left

I finished Stardust! What a great book :D Now I think I will read Erica James: The Queen of New Beginnings - although it is stuck at the bottom of my pile of library books:

I think you should whip it out, tablecloth/set table style. :roll:

I think you should whip it out, tablecloth/set table style. :roll:

:D That would probably end up in me getting hurt! I ended up taking the books off to get it :D

Have I just wandered into a Carry On film?

There's always one isn't there? Must you lower the tone? :roll::D

There has been no book reading today, although I have rummaged through a rail magazine, a local magazine, and bits my Dad insisted on showing me from his paper!