What are you listening to? (part 3)

Maureen

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This:

Yes, the thumbnail looks rude, but that's about one moment in the entire thing and it's a lot weirder than it looks.

The video is absolutely fantastic, especially as it's independently made. Pretty much all just that guy who's in the video.

Enjoy. Seriously. Even if you don't like the song the video is an utter treat!

Pink floyd - sorrow. Need. Some advice on rush, I own a 1 disc retrospective and a two disc best of. What actual albums should I own. Songs must have a tune and not be experimental.

Pink floyd - sorrow. Need. Some advice on rush, I own a 1 disc retrospective and a two disc best of. What actual albums should I own. Songs must have a tune and not be experimental.

Sorry Dex, I can't help at all. For some reason Rush is completely missing from my musical knowledge. Maybe they just never made it big here or else my attention wandered at the time :sleeping-smiley-009

Need. Some advice on rush, I own a 1 disc retrospective and a two disc best of. What actual albums should I own. Songs must have a tune and not be experimental.

I'd suggest seeing which tracks you like on those compilations you've got and then getting the album(s) they're from. Their style has changed a lot over the years, so that's really the best way to do it. My favourites are Permanent Waves, Moving Pictures, Signals, Hemispheres, Power Windows. But, then, it's easier for me to say which albums of theirs I don't like ;)

Current favourite Rush tune is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTFHwTKWawU

Can't believe I first heard it 25 years ago :o

Ooh, and

Aaaaand

whistling.gif Edited by Karsa Orlong

Okay, Thanks karsa. Bravest face, closer to the heart, faithless, far cry,finding my way,good news first, nobody's hero, nocturne, roll the bones, spindrift, The main monkey business, The spirit of radio, Tom sawyer, Vapor trail, Workin' them angels, Working man. These are the ones that stick out.

Okay, Thanks karsa. Bravest face, closer to the heart, faithless, far cry,finding my way,good news first, nobody's hero, nocturne, roll the bones, spindrift, The main monkey business, The spirit of radio, Tom sawyer, Vapor trail, Workin' them angels, Working man. These are the ones that stick out.

The ones I've put in bold are all from Snakes & Arrows, so you'll probably like that album. Thing is, you've already heard most of it, so there doesn't seem much point - you might want to try the new album, Clockwork Angels, instead. If you like 'The Spirit of Radio' and 'Tom Sawyer' I'd go for Permanent Waves and/or Moving Pictures - they're both masterpieces, imo. Try:

Red Barchetta (Moving Pictures)

Judas priest - Blood red skies. Not begging you, i'm telling you, you won't break me you won't make me, you won't take me under blood red skies. Got to add a big thank you to the Gentleman Mr Karsa Orlong

Edited by dex