Weight Loss and Getting in Shape

AbielleRose

The BEST reward is seeing the scale go down a pound after a WEEK of not losing...grrrr! (this morning!) :D

It's like a battle Nollaig, a real down and out battle. You have to look at that bag of malteasers and think to yourself....."It Is Trying To Kill Me!", and blasted if I will let it. Take a walk, do jumping jacks.....drink Lots of Water. Cuss the chocolate out. Anything.

You know the expression, "A moment on the lips, forever on the hips"?, well think of that bag of whatever and think about it taped with duct tape to your backside. :P

Buy a book instead of a bag of chocolate or chips. /panting/ that's all I can think of at the mo'. :empathy:

As much as I love chocolate, it's bread that is my downfall. Gosh I love the stuff, toasted and buttered.

Think I'll go and eat a spoon of peanutbutter with my tea........heh

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Occasionally if I'm trying to be healthy (usually cutting out the wine!!) I will put the money saved into a pot and then spend it on something else - it has occasionally been wine :giggle: but usually it is books or a trip to the cinema. Maybe that would work for you? I think it is quite a common thing for smokers to do when trying to give up... :smile: I'm very lucky that I don't actually like chocolate very much but I can consume my bodyweight in kettle chips and white wine! :lurker:

You know the expression, "A moment on the lips, forever on the hips"?, well think of that bag of whatever and think about it taped with duct tape to your backside. :P

Buy a book instead of a bag of chocolate or chips. /panting/ that's all I can think of at the mo'. :empathy:

As much as I love chocolate, it's bread that is my downfall. Gosh I love the stuff, toasted and buttered.

Hahah thanks Pontalba :D I do actually tell myself that expression, but have never actually imagined the chocolate duck taped to my backside. Maybe that's what I should DO with the chocolate! I'm sure not going to want to eat it after toting it round like that for a while! :giggle:

Bread is largely my downfall too. I love the stuff. If I could, without dying, I'd live off thick-sliced sandwiches and bags of chocolate everyday.

Congrats on seeing the scale go down!

That's a good idea Chaliepud, though when it comes to chocolate I'm at my weakest when I'm out and about and my brain can't be doing with caculations. What I should do is, everytime I avoid buying something, I should note the cost of it down and even if I don't treat myself with the savings, add them all up on a weekly basis to show myself how much better my budget looks without the rubbish weighing it down.

I was bad and ate a huge bag of kettle chips yesterday, I'm due on my time of the month and I get bad munchies, and really emotional so that just made me feel better, but I will work it off tonight, one moment of weakness after 2 weeks of doing fairly well isnt bad surely?

*throws things at nolliag* there! :D

I have been seriously bad this week, as my next door neighbour came round with a big box of truffles, and being the pig that I am, I have scoffed the lot. I dread to think how many calories they contained, but they were nice!

Thanks guys, I think I've been sufficiently injured to cop myself on!

BookGeek there's NOTHING wrong with that. In fact, one binge in two weeks is in my opinion very good. Maybe you should allow yourself one day a week where you have a treat, rather than trying to hold out completely? It'll make it easier.

June, don't feel too badly. This is the way I look at it when I binge like that: Better I eat them all now and focus on burning it all off, than adding a regular intake of fat to my diet by eating them slowly. It's probably the worst logic in history, but hey, it makes me feel better! :hug:

Well, so far, so good. /fingers crossed/ It's the middle of the night here, 3:40 in the morning. We've managed to stay on target so far, and I've upped my time on the treadmill to 30 minutes. Reading the kindle on the treadmill Really Helps extend the time!

Managed to put back the bag of Dove chocolates on the shelf earlier this afternoon, reluctantly, but husband helped. :wub:

Well done pontaba! :D

Thanks Nollaig, I am glad we have kept you motivated! Well that is true, I'll let myself off the hook once in a while I guess, all this healthy eating isnt as fun without an occasional treat! How goes the chocolate withdrawal? There are cereal bars out there that have chocolate in them, but theyre healthier then normal chocolate bars!

At the moment I am really loving cup a soups for my lunch because theyre hot and keep me full :D Also I have found that with eating less, I'm not as hungry as before!

Ok so my mum bought some scales today and I weighed myself, and its damn depressing, I weigh more then I thought I did and it makes me upset I let myself get sooo overweight :( But it also means that I am ten times more determined to shift it!

Edited by BookGeek20

I've been exercising a lot lately and it feels really good. I'm not extremely motivated so I'm so very happy for the gym just up the street, which has classes. I kind of feel lazy even when I work out, because I don't push myself - I just follow instructions.

But I've relaxed on the whole eating thing. I'm sticking to sweets once a week, but I'm allowing myself to feel full and so on after meals.... and to eat when I'm hungry. I took the EAT24 test and scored 22 so I'm thinking I shouldn't obsess over this.

June: One binge won't make you gain much of anything, as long as you return to your normal eating habits after!

Edited by Hyzenthlay

Well done pontalba :)

I'm glad you are relaxed about eating Hyzanthlay, I was getting very obsessed about what I was eating on weight watchers but recently I have been eating what I enjoy, just within my points and I feel a lot better for it.

In other news, I can feel my hip bones!, its been a long time since that happened. :)

Edited by Weave

LOL Weave, that's great! :D

Well, today we stuck to the diet, and got in a good stretch of exercise/treadmill.

Interestingly enough, at the hair salon today, they were selling the school kid's chocolate, World's Finest. It is lower in carbs than Dove, and is delicious. One bar is 25 carbs, soooooo we bought one. Each of us ate a quarter of it tonight with a glass of red wine. /contented sigh/ The wine is pretty low in carbs. For the amount we had it was about 4 or 5 carbs.

Me feel mo'bettah!

Hyzenthlay, good for you, relaxing about food. Sensible is good, and maintaining the way you are doing it is fine.

BookGeek, it's true, the less you eat, the less you want, I guess your capacity to eat shrinks, and that's a good thing! :D

Noll, love the logic! :P

Despite my weakness for truffles, I was pleased to find this morning that I have lost another 1lb in weight. It might not seem a lot, but slowly and surely is the best way. I tried on a pair of walking trousers this morning that I haven't been able to get into for ages, and although they are still a bit tight, they are not nearly as bad as they were - I am hoping they will be even looser and more comfortable by the time I go to Lundy in five weeks time. With all that walking, I am sure to lose a few more pounds ... thankfully the island shop doesn't sell truffles !

Edited by Talisman

Congrats, everyone! :D

I bought the book Master Your Metabolism by Jillian Michaels and am finding it really interesting so far. This morning I did my weekly grocery shopping and am looking forward to trying new recipes and food combining which will hopefully shove my hormones/metabolism into high gear!

Oh, man! The hormonal shifts were horrible, that's one good thing about "mature ages", all that is in the distant past!

Yays for everyone! /happy dance/

I made Beef Stroganoff yesterday according to the Atkins recipe, and it was delish! Love sour cream.

I've lost 13 pounds so far, it's going slower now, but I expected that. The treadmill was delivered yesterday, and I'm about to go on it now in it's initiation cruise. :) Grabbing my kindle.....

Clothes are a little looser, only 30-35 pounds to go. heh.

Thats great for all the weight loss I haven't done anything exersize way this weekend but neither have I weighed myself, so I know when I get on the scales this evening it will be with dread in my heart, I haven't been bad but I haven't been great either so either way its a pain. Still I refuse to let it get to me too much as when I become obsessed I become really obsessed.

Edited by pickle

hey all, well done so far!

As for me, clothes are feeling looser and my coat is looser as well!

But I have had a crap driving lesson today :( which has made me feel really bad and want to eat chocolate, but I won't go and buy any as I need money for zumba tomorrow, also going to start looking at signing up to a gym sometime soon..

soo sorry to be double posting but I have excellent news!

I have lost 6lbs this week! woohoo! I am so happy and it has really made my week! Defintely feeling better than my last post!

I baked oreo cupcakes and had a ton of cream cheese filling left over, and I got declined for a job I wanted so I ate the filling with a spoon... tsktsktsktsk.

But I weigh the same. So that's good I guess.

Pontalba and BookGeek: Awesome! What are your goal weights? What are everyone's goal weights, incidentally?

Edited by Hyzenthlay

soo sorry to be double posting but I have excellent news!

I have lost 6lbs this week! woohoo! I am so happy and it has really made my week! Defintely feeling better than my last post!

That's worth a double post! Congratulations!! :doowapstart:

I baked oreo cupcakes and had a ton of cream cheese filling left over, and I got declined for a job I wanted so I ate the filling with a spoon... tsktsktsktsk.

But I weigh the same. So that's good I guess.

Pontalba and BookGeek: Awesome! What are your goal weights? What are everyone's goal weights, incidentally?

:rolol: Who among us has not done the same? hee hee

In all, I want to lose 45 pounds. That is the ultimate goal. First goal however is 30 pounds, of which I've lost 14. We started this diet on the 2nd of January (had to finish the ice cream in the freezer :D ), so it's been a month now. The next 16 won't go so fast, unfortunately. By past experience, I'm figuring by May(ish), maybe early June, the rest will be off.

At least I have a pile of clothes to wear at that in-between weight! :giggle2:

Edited by pontalba

Thanks Hay and Pon :D

Uhm I don't really have a goal weight as such, I would ideally love to be a UK size 12-14 and I'm a 18-22 at the moment, so I'm aiming to lose maybe 6/7 stone over the course of a few months. I feel much healthier and fitter as it is, and I am finding it easier to make healthier choices. I have a treat occasionally, yesterday I had a packet of crisps for the first time in like two weeks :) I'm finding that it's going really well for me so far, and once I've lost the weight to be healthy, I'll be so used to eating better that it's something in place for the rest of my life, I'm finding it's more a lifestyle change then anything.

As for the gym searching, I know of a womens only gym over here, but the problem is it's far away from my house. There is another one that is easier to get too, but more expensive. I want somewhere easy to get to as I don't drive yet, and cheap but offers a good deal. I might just have to go gym shopping!

Yesterday was a bad day at black rock. heh

Husband and I split a medium pizza when we visited across the lake, I don't even want to know how many grams of carbs were had by the both of us. However, today is a new day, and healthy eating, practically carb-less is on the menu.

We are both holding steady at a 14 pound loss, and while I don't think yesterday will make us gain, we won't lose for a few more days, maybe 4. It. Was. Worth. It! lol Splurging is necessary sometimes.