Your Book Activity Today - Thread 9

Janet

I went to the library and now have some Bret Easton Ellis, Kundera and Guillou waiting to be read. Still reading Kerouac's Lonesome traveler, I haven't had much time for reading lately. Now I'm planning to get a cup of tea and focus only on reading for a couple of hours. Ah.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bought:

Picture Perfect- Jodi Picoult

Wuthering Heights- Emily Bronte

Beauty- Raphael Selbourne

and

Cutting for Stone- Abraham Verghese for Mum

And started Wuthering Heights.

Wow, you got all that way and then stopped just short of the end? Goodness. Are you planning on reading those last few entries at any stage?

Yes, I still have the book on my shelf. I just didn't want to read all of the sad entries at the end. I really like Sylvia Plath. I travelled all the way up north to visit her grave :smile2: I'm sure I'll read the last few pages ones day.

Managed a couple more pages of Prisoner of Azkaban snail trailing through literature atm! :smile2:

I've read the first 3 chapters of Wurthering Heights and plan on getting at least another couple of hours worth of reading in today on my breaks and after work. Its so great when you can come back to a book that is so familliar and just sink right into the story like you would a comfy broken in chair. :smile2:

I plan on moving onto Wuthering Heights after Northanger is done, which will take a while as i'm not in the zone with it, despite the first 40 pages being very good.

I plan on moving onto Wuthering Heights after Northanger is done, which will take a while as i'm not in the zone with it, despite the first 40 pages being very good.

Sometimes its just hard to get the mojo going for a book, regardless of how good it is. I hope you like Wurthering Heights when you finally do get to it :smile2: Its one of my favs.

Bought:Wuthering Heights- Emily Bronte

And started Wuthering Heights.

So nice that you finally got the book :lol:

I've read about 100 pages of Wuthering Heights and have read several pages of The Editor's Companion.

Shouldn't you be finished by now, from what I gather you're always reading at least 60 pages a day and now 100 so you must be near the end!

I've decided to wait on Catcher in the Rye for now and read Wurthering Heights instead so I'll be starting that today.

Great :smile2:

Yes, I think so, when

George decides to cut out the "cancer" himself

:irked:

That's a really nasty bit! Gross! And yet in some very weird way, so awful that I couldn't help but laugh, as well :giggle:

I'm six chapters into Wuthering Heights and really enjoying it.

Glad to hear it :D

My friend came over yesterday so I've been real busy playing the hostess, so haven't had a chance to read at all. I did go to the library with her and convince her of putting this and that to her book wishlist (she's kind of new to the whole reading hobby in a way) and when we went to a bookstore she bought Twilight, Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief and Book Thief. I encouraged her to buy the first and the last :) I didn't buy anything myself but managed to get loads of great novels from the library.

Everyone is reading Wuthering Heights! I love that book.

I've read another 40 odd pages of I, Lucifer (35 to go) and am going to start reading more of my current Anna McPartlin book soon.