Your Book Activity Today - Thread 9

Janet

I only have about 50 pages left of The Road and then im going to start either Jeffrey Deaver's The bodies left behind or Donna Tartt's My little friend ~ cant decide which :blush:

Im also going to go and tidy out my book cupboard - maybe take some books that im not fussed about keeping to the local charity shop tomorrow :lol:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kate, glad to hear you picked up 'The Lost Book of Salem!' It was one of my favorite reads last year for sure :blush:.

Lynn, have you read Tartt's first book 'Secret History?' I loved that one.

I read a bit more of The Swan Thieves last night before bed but I'm being bad at this place I'm house-sitting. I'm not used to having 200+ TV channels and it's sucking me in I tell you! :lol: I'm hoping to resist when I get back from breakfast today and read lots.

My BF knows how to make me happy on Valentines Day :D

Wow! He sure does, you lucky girl!

read 250 pages of The Lovers by John Connolly...the wife won't talk to me:irked: but a truly brilliant unputdownable book...one i refuse to read in the bath...in case it goes all crinkly

:blush::lol: You need to get the knack of it, open the window so the steam escapes! ... poor missus runner :lol:

Begun Club Dead!

Oh I hope you like this, it was my second favourite of the series ;)

I'm still plodding along with Fallen, just want to finish it now. Also hoping to finish The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde this evening.

Lynn, have you read Tartt's first book 'Secret History?' I loved that one.

I havent yet peacefield but it's in the post (i hope) i ordered a copy from Waterstones yesterday. Cant wait to read it, i've heard such good things about it :blush:

Begun Club Dead!

Oh I hope you like this, it was my second favourite of the series :blush:

It's also my second favourite of the series (my favourite being Dead to the World :lol:)

Hope you enjoy it Jessi!

Have you read that one before or is this the first time? A good read IMO :lol:

This is the first time for me, I think I remember you reading it last year? Not a huge read but I'm enjoying it :D

It's also my second favourite of the series (my favourite being Dead to the World ;))

Well that goes without saying! :blush: I wonder why? :lol:

Read two hundred pages of Swallowing Darkness by Laurell Hamilton today, finished the book, and have to say I liked it. Not so repetitive and seriously, she just had sex once in this book. :blush: Good thing really, leaves more room for plot.

Also started Robert Jordan's Eye of the World finally, just a few pages though.

Read two hundred pages of Swallowing Darkness by Laurell Hamilton today, finished the book, and have to say I liked it. Not so repetitive and seriously, she just had sex once in this book. :blush: Good thing really, leaves more room for plot.

Also started Robert Jordan's Eye of the World finally, just a few pages though.

wow has she finally seen the light and realised everyone was getting fed up with 99% sex..might go back to them now.

I am re-reading Modesty Blaise fantastic book, the series have just been re-released and if you like strongunusual women its just the thing...

Just finished The New York library guide to book reading clubs by Rollene Saal. I'm half-way through Remembering Denny by Calvin Trillin. The latter is about a famous classmate of Trillin's at Yale who committed suicide. In it, Trillin retraces Denny Hansen's steps through his life to figure out why such a thing happened.

Just finished Finger Lickin Fifteen by Janet Evanovich and My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult over the weekend. Going to make a go of The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold. I have had that book a while and think it's time I read it. :blush:

These were delivered to work this morning:

Not bad for a fiver!

Wow, excellent haul, Raven! I love those Penguin editions and they were all so cheap! I'm jealous. :lol:

I got the following books on the weekend:

Isobelle Carmody: Farseekers

Eoin Colfer: The Supernaturalist

William Corlett: The Bridge in the Clouds

Janet Evanovich: To the Nines

Stieg Larsson: The Girl who Played with Fire

Most were birthday presents :blush:

I got very little reading done, however, and still have a good chunk of Macbeth to read.

Managed to read 150 or so pages of Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris and have now finished it. Took me a while to adjust to her writing style but did enjoy the book. That's 3 pretty easy reads on the trot now and may start something more thought provoking tomorrow.

I have won Unseen Library editions of Terry Pratchett's Soul Music (my first and favourite Discworld novel) and Interesting Times (which I've never read) on eBay today :blush:!

Good for you! :lol: Sounds like a great load you've gotten yourself there.

Well that goes without saying! :lol: I wonder why? ;)

:blush: No idea :D

I finished LJ Smith's The Struggle and while the lead character is totally and utterly annoying, I need to know what happens in the rest of the series so will be in the que at HMV tomorrow purchasing the next book and saying goodbye to my hard earned money :lol:

I have won Unseen Library editions of Terry Pratchett's Soul Music (my first and favourite Discworld novel) and Interesting Times (which I've never read) on eBay today :blush:!

Congrats Giulia!

I won 3 books on ebay yesterday: two of them are dystopian and the third one I didn't really care about either way, but it worked out at $3 per book, which was much cheaper than ordering them from overseas (the books are out of print). :lol:

Thank you Abby and Kylie :blush: I just wish they hadn't stopped the Unseen Library editions at Discworld #18, it would be so swell if I could one day have Terry's opera omnia prettily bound in leather...!

Edited by BookJumper