The Big Bang Theory

Dimitra

Ooh, you're all making me want to start watching the series from the start again. :)

I loved it when Penny once opened the door after Sheldon had only knocked once. He just stared at her for a moment and then continued knocking on the open door. :) Poor Sheldon and his OCD. 

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooh, you're all making me want to start watching the series from the start again. :)

I loved it when Penny once opened the door after Sheldon had only knocked once. He just stared at her for a moment and then continued knocking on the open door. :) Poor Sheldon and his OCD. 

Hehehe, Sheldon and Penny are great, and his knocking antics... I remember her messing with his head with similar sort of stuff on more than one occasion... :D

Here are some awesome pics of Johnny (Leonard). He's so good looking!

When I saw first saw pics of him as himself, and not Leonard, I was like... eh? I guess I really like Leonard's glasses and his personality and his quirks. Johnny doesn't do it for me like Leonard does :giggle::blush:

I have to say that I don't love Sheldon and Amy. I like them more as friends. IMO, Sheldon should never have a girlfriend. It annoys me when Amy tries to change him into boyfriend material, and then pout about rejection. Sheldon is and forever should be asexual. 

Also, I don't really like that Raj can suddenly talk to women. 

This show was more about friendships and the writers seems to want to change it to be more about relationships, like every other show on TV. No likey!

• 3 weeks later...

I have to say that I don't love Sheldon and Amy. I like them more as friends. IMO, Sheldon should never have a girlfriend. It annoys me when Amy tries to change him into boyfriend material, and then pout about rejection. Sheldon is and forever should be asexual. 

Also, I don't really like that Raj can suddenly talk to women. 

This show was more about friendships and the writers seems to want to change it to be more about relationships, like every other show on TV. No likey!

Emelee, you have a point. I think in the end, this is what will kill the series. Another thing is, (not connected to the actual show) I wish the American media would leave Kaley Cuoco alone about her weight. She put on a few pounds last season- so what? She is a normal, healthy girl. Not everyone has to be a Hollywood stick insect. 33% of Americans are clinically obese- have they looked at themselves?

Another thing is, (not connected to the actual show) I wish the American media would leave Kaley Cuoco alone about her weight. She put on a few pounds last season- so what? She is a normal, healthy girl. Not everyone has to be a Hollywood stick insect. 33% of Americans are clinically obese- have they looked at themselves?

x

If this is true, then that's pretty ridiculous! The media should not pester her for being a healthy woman.

• 4 weeks later...

Johnny Galecki has also put on some weight, you don't read about that in media much, do you? Of course not, he's a man. 
It's so stupid. I don't care if she put on a couple of pounds, she still looks thin and healthy. Better than looking anorectic. 

Johnny Galecki has also put on some weight, you don't read about that in media much, do you? Of course not, he's a man. 

It's so stupid. I don't care if she put on a couple of pounds, she still looks thin and healthy. Better than looking anorectic. 

Exactly so. But not on American TV apparently, it seems to be an unforgivable sin.

Jim Parsons is thin normally, so it wouldn't matter if he put on a couple of pounds. Johnny Galecki has passed the "couple of pounds" stage. But again, it doesn't matter. But since he's a man, no one will report it in media. Just like no one ever pointed out the huge bellies on the men of Sopranos. But when a larger woman (Aida Turturro) joined the cast................. 

So for no special reason, just because he is a man..... A "then and now" featuring Johnny Galecki. 

th_517985632_JohnnyGalecki_122_403lo.jpg 

I think it's ridiculous that somehow there should be more attention on women gaining weight than men. It's okay to gain a bit of weight (I mean a lot of people are a bit overweight), it's not good to become really overweight for either gender.

It's always been like that. You don't see magazines doing any "best dressed" featuring men after every single big event, like the Oscars or Golden Globes or Grammy awards etc. They feature the women. The pressure is always on the women. And all gossip magazines featuring pictures of women taken by paparazzis when they aren't glammed up, to show readers "this is what they REALLY look like -- see the pictures and laugh at how flabby thighs or stomachs they have". And "see how ugly they are without make-up" etc. 

Kaley takes much more crap than Mayim Bialik for instance, because the magazines already see Mayim as the "unpretty girl", so they leave her alone. That is also a big insult. It's like they want to say that while she's a good actress, she's not interesting because she's not Hollywood-gorgeous. Therefore, no one will be interersted in reading about her or see unflattering photos of her etc. It's all so transparant. 

• 1 month later...

Emelee, you have a point. I think in the end, this is what will kill the series. Another thing is, (not connected to the actual show) I wish the American media would leave Kaley Cuoco alone about her weight. She put on a few pounds last season- so what? She is a normal, healthy girl. Not everyone has to be a Hollywood stick insect. 33% of Americans are clinically obese- have they looked at themselves?

Exactly so. But not on American TV apparently, it seems to be an unforgivable sin.

Just want to say, I'm a huge Big Bang Theory fan and live in the United States.  I haven't heard anything on the news or seen anything in tabloids at the check out lanes that even mentions Kaley Cuoco and her weight at anytime in the past few months, so I was really surprised to read your posts.  I'm not saying that I couldn't find someone who said something if I went digging for it, but I really don't think it's at the forefront of our news coverage. 

Just want to say, I'm a huge Big Bang Theory fan and live in the United States.  I haven't heard anything on the news or seen anything in tabloids at the check out lanes that even mentions Kaley Cuoco and her weight at anytime in the past few months, so I was really surprised to read your posts.  I'm not saying that I couldn't find someone who said something if I went digging for it, but I really don't think it's at the forefront of our news coverage. 

I can only answer for me. I don't live in America so I obviously don't read the tabloids there. I do, however, often go to magazines' homepages and read news (gossip mostly) there. And I assume they don't print everythng that they publish online, they just choose some parts. It is often online where they show pictures that are unflattering and comment on weight. 

I'm sure one can find sources to support all kinds of viewpoints, especially online, but the impression that the American news media is hounding the issue of this girl's body size is a false one. As the comments circled around what was being said in the U.S. media, I had only thought it might be relevant to give the perspective of someone who lives in the country.  I'm not at all questioning what you've seen, but is it possible that it's only one side of things? 

At any rate, regardless of shape or size, I think it's a great ensemble cast. Jim Parsons is my absolute favorite, though, and I couldn't help thinking of his character as I read The Rosie Project.

Edited by dtrpath27

At any rate, regardless of shape or size, I think it's a great ensemble cast. Jim Parsons is my absolute favorite, though, and I couldn't help thinking of his character as I read The Rosie Project.

x

I did the same!

Recently we've been rewatching episodes from the various seasons (other than seven since that's not out yet on Blu-ray/DVD because it's still being broadcast in the US), it's a lot of fun. I really love this show/series.

Edited by Athena