The Big Bang Theory

Dimitra

I haven't actually see it yet, but I've seen various clips involving Sheldon as I know a guy who is exactly like him and he's therefore very amusing to watch. I do want to actually watch the show through, though.

Good god nollaig, you have plenty of stress if you know someone like him. Poor you! :blush2:;)

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, back in a world where I hadn't seen BBT. I love BBT, though they really need to stop making it soon, because it's getting worse by the season.

Leonard is adoreable. And yeah, I know a real life Sheldon, because he's not as smug. He's actually awesome.

Just watching the episode where Leonard remembers first moving in as Sheldon's roommate. Sheldon is interviewing Leonard, and while they're looking around the apartment:

Sheldon: When do you evacuate your bowels?

Leonard: When I when to?

Sheldon: When you have to? I'm sorry I don't rent to hippies.

:lol:

Edited by chesilbeach

• 3 months later...

At first I hated this show because they added just a bit too much laughter to jokes that weren't all THAT funny. It bugged me and I couldn't get into the show because of that. But then I saw a few more scenes, and some whole episodes. And now I like it and can overlook the intense laughter add-on. 

I don't know if I want all laughter removed, I am so used to it from so many sit-coms, but I would love for it to be toned down!!! Not added to every little thing and not as loud. It's ridiculous that the networks seem to think the tv-audience still think the laughter belongs to a live studio audience, who happens to laugh exactly the same way all the time, to all sit-coms. 

Jim Parsons as Sheldon is the best thing on this show. The show wouldn't be half as good without him. 

Believe it or not I had never seen this show until very recently as I hadn't watched any telly for years. But when I bought my telly a few months back the kids would always switch this on so I have seen several episodes now but all in the wrong order and disjointed.

I do think it is a great show. Sheldon is superb in all ways but I also like Penny for two reasons. One is that she is a normal healthy shape for a girl she has hips and broad shoulders, not the usual  Hollywood stick insect! The other thing I like about her is that it is quite obvious that often she is having trouble keeping a straight face during filming, if you look you will notice she is often trying not to laugh.

Some of the episodes I have seen have Bernadette and Amy in them. I don't like Bernadette (although I do like Horowitz)  but Amy is a great character . I love that she is so  geeky smart but so obviously sexually frustrated; although she clings onto the hope of some sex with Sheldon she fantasizes just as much about Penny.

I saw a thing about the actress online and she really is scientist-type brainy just like Amy   

I'm not too  much of a tele fan - but The Big Bang Theory is one show I will watch!

The thought of Sheldon even contemplating the possibilty of getting it on with Amy is gobsmacking; no wonder Penny nearly fell off her chair!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Last nights episode over here was The Raiders Minimization and is by far my favourite episode for a long time.  I don't want to give anything away to any one who hasn't seen it yet, so I'll just say that even watching it on my own, I've laughed out loud at the running joke all the way through - Sheldon cracks me up! :lol:

This is one of my favourite series, so funny!! :D

We're a little (yeah, right, let's say a -l-o-t!!) late in Italy, we've just finished seasons 3 here, but I watched the other seasons on the web. This is my absolute favourite scene.. just don't look at it if you're afraid of spoilers .. I'm not sure which season is.

I love Sheldon's look at 2:20.. :)

Eleonora, I hadn't seen that episode yet, but I couldn't resist! What a great clip :D Too funny, there were so many great and funny things about it I can't even begin to quote them all :D:lol: This is a great series, I wanna watch it! Stupid TV for not showing any eps :(

:giggle2:  You're right ladies!! Sheldon is one of the funniest character tv ever made. And his interaction with Amy are just so incredible. Lovely. Anyway, I tried the "three knock thing".. you know, the "Knock knock knock Penny" but people don't seem to appreciate. -_-

I have to Sheldonize my friends.

Sari, I know what you mean..so frustrating. When I posted the clip, I thought about you because once you said you were watching Blossom. And know we have the grown up Blossom :)

:giggle2:  You're right ladies!! Sheldon is one of the funniest character tv ever made. And his interaction with Amy are just so incredible. Lovely. Anyway, I tried the "three knock thing".. you know, the "Knock knock knock Penny" but people don't seem to appreciate. -_-

:D If you knocked like that on my door, I would appreciate it so much that I wouldn't open for a while, just so you would keep knocking :D

And I agree: Sheldon and Amy are the best thing on the show, they are such a great combo, it's too funny! :)

I have to Sheldonize my friends.

Yeah you do! :D

Sari, I know what you mean..so frustrating. When I posted the clip, I thought about you because once you said you were watching Blossom. And know we have the grown up Blossom :)

Awwww, you are so sweet to think of me... :hug:  Don't worry, I'm sure I can watch more of Sheldon and Amy some day... :) One way or the other!

Edited by frankie