White or dark chocolate?

My mother likes chocolate and I was thinking of finding a really nice one as a present. Which ones are your favourites? Are the ones with fruit good, should I look for them? And what is your favourite chocolate, dark or white chocolate? Girls usually like white chocolate better right or am I wrong?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me, it's a case of "the darker, the better!". I love those really dark high quality chocs. I once got one that was something like 90% and it was glorious! I only needed a tiny bit to feel satisfied. :lol:

Belgian chocolates are the absolute best. Preferably bought from a Belgian Chocolatier, in Belgium where you can select the chocolates you want! *sigh*

I'd say that if you aren't too sure what she may like, and you don't want to ask then get a selection so at the very least she will enjoy some of them. :lol:

I like milk and white chocolate - in most cases the higher the quality the less I'll like it. Anything Swiss, Belgium, etc - I'll eat it, as I'll eat ANY chocolate, but I probably won't enjoy it. Cheap and cheerful, full of sugar, thems the chocolates for me.

Do you have Thornton's or similar in the States? As well as selling really nice boxed selections, you can make up your own (buying the chocolates individually for not very much) or decide to personalise one big chocolate with an icing message :lol: as good as chocolatey presents go, really.

Belgian chocolates are the absolute best. Preferably bought from a Belgian Chocolatier, in Belgium where you can select the chocolates you want! *sigh*

Yummy, I love Belgian choccies - drooling at the thought of them :D

buy the chocolate you like and then if your mum doesn't like them you can eat them :lol:

Thats naughty ned but funny :)

Apart from belgian chocs I adore dark chocolate, I like milk chocolate but don't like white unless it's milky bar buttons ;)

Dark chocolate with strawberry, orange or mint is awesome.

Giulia - Thornton's Classic collection is DELISH! :lol:

There's a chocolatier's in the English Market here, and they do lovely individual chocolates. My favourite are the dark and white chocolate strawberry parfait type chocolates.

There is a wonderful candy shop in my town that makes a dark chocolate Irish cream truffle that is to die for! Personally, I prefer dark chocolate to milk or white, but all of it is good.

Chocolate covered espresso beans are the best!

If anyone's ever in Milan, Italy at some point, there's a magnificent shop called Chocolat, which would be a Thornton-y type shop were it not that they also sell around 20 varieties of homemade chocolate ice-cream, from rhum to chilli via everything in between... mmmm!

My favourite used to be dark, but when i was a teenager at home, I would go to the off licence and buy Bourneville bars religiously and it has turned me away from the dark side these days... I much prefer white :lol:

Not sure on spelling but Lindt Lindor - the round milk chocolate ones that melt in your mouth - nom nom nom

They are delish!

I like milk and white chocolate, not very keen on dark unless it's in a recipe (then it has to be good quality stuff). I looove Kinder choc too.