More football

Lilywhite

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, not I.

I mean better as in a better club with a longer, prouder heritage (which is currently helping to keep us warm on these long, cold winter nights when victory is but a fleeting shadow . . .).

Well, I've phoned a friend; asked the audience and gone 50/50 and I still can't work out who that team might be .... (give me a clue?)

No, let's just say that their run of poor form has largely been confined (though not exclusively) to this season.

If you don't get it from that, I ain't tellin'!

Must be Liverpool!! :doh: My OH is a Pool fan so (if it is indeed Liverpool you support) then I sympathise. (If you're gonna say Chelski then they had no history before they became Russian.)

Hi Inver! Spookily today is the first time I've been on here for a while! Glad to here things are going well for Andy.

The mighty St Austell are enjoying their first season in the Premier Division and are currently loving the dizzy heights of 8th position! We're trying to play a Cornwall Senior Cup match against Camelford at the moment but it's been frozen off for the last 2 weeks - fingers crossed for next Saturday! :)

Hiya Sedge....nice to see you back :D Andy his footie and U'13's were are no go at the weekend, this blooming cold frozen weather again. Weather always seems to turn bad come Thursday/Friday.....hoping for better this weekend. Glad to hear the mighty St Austell are enjoying the 'big time'.

Anyone got any opinion on the record transfer fee for a British player spent on Andy Carrol by Liverpool? I mean, I know he's been brilliant this season but really, that price tag is higher than the one on David Villa's head at the moment; a much better player. Also, had to laugh at the cheap parting shot from Torres to Liverpool as he leaves for Chelsea. The comment that he's now going to play for a big club now. :lol: Must say, I hope he doesn't find his form there though, because I like seeing them down in the blues at the minute.

Edited by Ben

I think the comment he made was absolutly pathetic. I thought it was a very childish thing to say. I mean Liverpool are by no means my favourite club in the world but its sad to see one of their so called 'best' players jumping to another club because they are down on form.

I'm hoping he doesnt find his form either at Chelsea, as I don't want them to win the title again!

Also, had to laugh at the cheap parting shot from Torres to Liverpool as he leaves for Chelsea. The comment that he's now going to play for a big club now. :lol:

That's not quite what he said, the quote was:

"I am joining a team that is at the top level. There is not another level after Chelsea.

I am joining with big names like [John] Terry, [Frank] Lampard, [Didier] Drogba and [Nicolas] Anelka and I can be part of this great team."

And to be fair to him, Liverpool are hardly at the top level at the moment.

I'm hoping he doesnt find his form either at Chelsea, as I don't want them to win the title again!

Won't happen.

Ah my apologies, I hadn't looked for the exact quote just thought it was something along those lines. I also wasn't condoning it, either, just thought it seemed daft to make. Although the correct quote seems to make a bit more sense, now, understandably he'll feel he's rising up to the top level of football by joining Chelsea.

Edited by Ben

I said the same on another forum, but I don't really blame him for going. The last few years at Liverpool, with all the boardroom troubles, can't have been easy and then there is the woeful form the team have had as a whole this year, the Chelsea offer must have been pretty appealing.

At the end of the day he is a player who wants to win cups and the Championship, he's certainly not going to do that at Liverpool this year, and there is no guarantee that they will improve at the moment.

That's not quite what he said, the quote was:

True, but I think he was also alluding to the fact that he was going to a club with a proud heritage - scuse me, but I think Liverpool's heritage will always be prouder than Chelsea - at least the recent Chelsksi.

The day Footie went crazy eh? Such staggering figures. I'm not sure Liverpool have got themselves a sure-fire man in Andy Carroll, he is out for a few more weeks I believe. It could be he was a big fish at Newcastle but may find he is overwhelmed at the Pool. We shall see.

Anyway, as I have more sympathy towards the Pool (OH is a fan) than the Chelsks - I hope they beat Chelsea at the weekend and Torres misses a penalty...... :giggle2: Raven: you say he is not going to win anything at Liverpool, I'm not sure he is going to win anything at Chelsea this season!

Edited by SueK

St Austell's match against Camelford finally went ahead yesterday and we came away with a 3-0 win! We've now got a home tie in the quarter finals - it's looking good.

I've just heard that Plymouth Argyle have been all but saved from their winding-up order. It's good news for them, and nobody likes to see a club go to the wall, but Argyle aren't good for Cornish football. Rather than following their home club, hundreds of Cornish football fans keep crossing the Tamar to Home Park. :huh:

Great win for your boys Sedge.....complete washout here for us this weekend. Both Andy's footie and his U'13's pitches waterlogged....going to be such a backlog of games to catch up on.:blush:

I know how you feel Inver - mid-November to mid-December was a bit of a write off for us!

At the weekend we played Witheridge who were 18th in the table. They hadn't won in 8 games and we were unbeaten in 8. Can you guess what happened? Yep - they scored the winner in the 89th minute! :irked:

I think we were more focussed on next Saturday's cup quarter final (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!).

It was an excellent afternoon's work by the Lilywhites Inver! Although we made heavy work of a 2-0 victory, the weather was great - it was more like July than February! Must have been the hottest day since last August!

The semi-final line-up now consists of the top 4 clubs in Cornwall, so we'll need to be on top form to reach another final. :D