Something I've Learned Today

ned

I learned that there is a huge black hole at the center of most galaxies, including ours. Our solar system revolves around it.

I also learned that a certain species of gopher actually survived the 1980 eruption of Mount St. Helens and that Spirit Lake has actually come back to life. :D

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was reading upon the black hole theories too, about how it could be potentially be a wormhole to another galaxy containing the opposite matter to ours. It's crazy :D

You've made me laugh out loud ~ sorry! :D:irked:

If this has just happened, take the various 'bits' apart (battery etc) and place everything in a bowl of uncooked rice ~ it should absorb all the moisture.

thanks ill try that ive left in in the airing cuboard to see if that did anything to it really should check jeans pockets before i put them in the wash. :roll:

I was reading upon the black hole theories too, about how it could be potentially be a wormhole to another galaxy containing the opposite matter to ours. It's crazy :)

Truely it is, which is part of why I love it. This is one of my fav subjects in astronomy and astrophysics, if only I was smarter I'd understand it better. :)

Coffee drinkers have more sex and they enjoy it more. Who would have thunk it?

No they don't! (Says the tea drinker!) :)

Doesn't seemed to have had that effect on Mrs Mappelle:blush:There again, maybe it has & I've not been invited:irked:

Jim.

:) :)

Waxing your legs really does hurt. And if one were to do it, one should probably not do it around the toilet. Because if one were to drop one of the strips and it sticks to the toilet seat it's really hard to get off. :blush:

Waxing your legs really does hurt. And if one were to do it, one should probably not do it around the toilet. Because if one were to drop one of the strips and it sticks to the toilet seat it's really hard to get off. :blush:

Hmm my friend is a trained beauty therapist and I find when she waxes it doesn't hurt. Those ready to wax strips are awful though, really hurt and when I used them they didn't remove the hair but did leave a giant bruise, attractive!

^A bruise, really? I tried those but they didn't work for me, no bruise but barely half of my hair removed. :) Now I epilate with one of those little devices, those machines? It hurts yes, but it's worth it.

I learned that maybe I am more mature than I thought. Was rethinking the chat I had with my friend when we went into town today. We chatted over tea, and thinking back that was quite an adult convo. Hee hee. :blush:

I learned that 'epic' is no longer the hip slang. Apparently now the kids are saying 'church' when something is good. :(:)

Oh dear! :D I wonder if 'radical' will ever make a comeback. :blush: I think I'll just stick with 'cool', which I think is eternally...cool. :)

I learnt that our galaxy is travelling through space at the rate of 305 kilometers per second.

I learnt that our galaxy is travelling through space at the rate of 305 kilometers per second.

D: I never understand this. In relation to what?! Other galaxies? What are they travelling in relation to? Surely if there is nothing in space then you can't travel relative to nothing? :smile2: