Five facts...

Michelle

Haha so I'm not alone :hug2:

It tends to be really awkward when you can't see the other person's reactions especially during pauses...

@ Lucybird : that's so interesting, I didn't know that about you :) So it's working then (the long distance relationship)? Good for you!

@ Pixie : aw thanks :blush: Depeche Mode fans are also known as just ''devotees'' :)

• Replies 957
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Though I don’t consider myself to be a sporty person, I love both body boarding and skiing. Especially the former as I generally get to do it with the rest of my family when we make our yearly trip to Cornwall.

2. I am fascinated with Russia as well as the US as I suppose a lot of you know by now. The Roosevelt family is one of my favourite areas of history and on the Oyster Bay/Hyde Park divide; I definitely come down on the Oyster Bay side.

3. I wear glasses and have done since I was 2.

4. Harry Potter is my obsession.

5. I want to move down to Devon in a few years to be with my dad’s side of the family. It’s not that I don’t love all my family in the area I already live, it’s just I’m very close to my kid cousins and I see them both as little brothers. I’d really like to continue that as they grew up into teenagers.

@ Pixie : aw thanks :blush: Depeche Mode fans are also known as just ''devotees'' :)

Oh! You learn something new every day. I am not a fan of Depeche Mode (obviously), but I do have a few of their albums and like them well enough. :)

@ Lucybird : that's so interesting, I didn't know that about you :) So it's working then (the long distance relationship)? Good for you!

If you can call hating it working then yes. He has been trying to get a job down here but no luck so far. I love him to much to let it not work even though sometimes I think it might be easier that way.

3) my bedroom is BRIGHT pink, and if i can buy something in pink i will buy it, never mind if it comes in another colour i have to have it in pink.

Heehee I have a pink obsession as well - I will have to take a pic of my desk and uni stationery for you. ;)

4)i am currently debating with myself weather to buy the twilight books

Do it do it! biggrin.gif

If you can call hating it working then yes. He has been trying to get a job down here but no luck so far. I love him to much to let it not work even though sometimes I think it might be easier that way.

This is actually one of the nicest things I've heard lately, and I hope it'll work out for you eventually, so you can be together :)

GL!

@ Pixie : Glad you like; are those albums perhaps Violator, SOFAD, SOTU...? :D

(Sorry for the off-topic-ness).

@ Pixie : Glad you like; are those albums perhaps Violator, SOFAD, SOTU...? :D

(Sorry for the off-topic-ness).

Actually, they are Violator, SOFAD, Exciter, Ultra, and Black Celebration. :D

Guest Eliza1

I have two brothers and one sister

My favourite colour is blue

I am a biomedical scientist

I am terrified of heights

I can't eat avocados

1. My family comprises of my mam, dad and brother, 2 grandma's, 1 grandad, 2 aunties, 2 uncles and 3 cousins. That's who I class as my family (there's a lot of extended relatives who I have never/probably will never meet).

2. I can't drive.

3. If I could only eat one food, it would be chicken.

4. I have a slight obsession with Johnny Depp/Alexander Skarsgard/Ian Somerhalder :lol::blush:

5. I have over 200 books on my TBR list (and I keep buying more!)

Edited by Stephanie2008

I get stress headaches frequently. (I have one now.)

I like to sing and I am pretty good at it.

I have three siblings.

I was born in Philadelphia, PA.

I am double jointed in some spots.

I am a biomedical scientist

One of my friends is a biomedical scientist and loves to gross me out by talking about her experiments with bacteria. :blush:

I'm a germaphobe.

When I sleep I make a really soft 'cooing' noise (Dad says it sounds like a dove) and have since I was a newborn.

I loath wearing socks and am known for going entire winters without wearing a single pair.

I'm more graceful on ice skates than I am just walking down the sidewalk (I haven't fallen on ice skates since I was 12).

My grandma calls me weekly to Google actors she's seen on tv or in movies in order to find out if their single- if they are she procedes to tell me how we would make cute babies and whether or not she would allow me to marry said actor. Most of the time I lie and tell her they're married/taken to avoid the latter part of the conversations.

Five more about me (you all aren't bored yet, right?):

1. I started snoring a few months ago, and now my boyfriend can hardly stand to sleep in the same room with me. We recently bought an air mattress to set up in the office for him to sleep on when I'm being too loud. It's been very stressful. :(

2. I've always been into politics, following in the footsteps of my dad and his dad. I probably watch the news more than I watch anything else (except maybe anime). I've been known to yell at the TV.

3. I love animals, but haven't been able to have a real pet in over 10 years. I want to cry (and have cried) whenever I see those heart-wrenching ASPCA and Humane Society commercials on TV.

4. I've never known either of my grandmothers, and my last grandfather died when I was 11, so I basically grew up without grandparents. I envy people whose grandparents are still alive (Abby, your grandmother sounds hilarious!).

5. I tend to stare out my windows a lot, even though I don't have much of a view (trees, a neighbor's house, and rhodie bushes).

Yours are never boring Echo! :friends3:

1) My OH snores most nights, my solution has been to top 'n' tail if it gets too bad (i.e. stick my pillows at the bottom end of the bed and give hubby my feet to ponder in the morning!)

2) As I get older the more like my parents I become, especially their weirder or more specific traits.

3) When our dog and two cats die, we will not be replacing them.

4) My bro lives on the other side of the world and I haven't seen him in 14 years. I miss him.

5) I wish I could get a break from being responsible for fulfilling our food needs. Just for a while not have to think, select, buy or prepare food. *sigh*

5) I wish I could get a break from being responsible for fulfilling our food needs. Just for a while not have to think, select, buy or prepare food. *sigh*

I would gladly take care of your food needs for a month Chrissy - in return for dusting and ironing for the same period. :)

:lol: This is exactly why I don't like politics. It's too frustrating and makes me too angry.

You'd think I would have learned by now that I tend to get frustrated. :rolleyes:

Nowadays, though, I find myself getting very disheartened and sickened by the hostile tone in politics. I definitely have strong views (I lean very sharply to the left), but I hate the way each side attacks the other, using misinformation, outright lies, and fear mongering. I can't stand people like Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh, who are notorious for their fear-based politics, so I skip those shows.

I must say that your Gran sounds awesome! :D

Haha... she's something else, that's for sure. Next time she takes off her wig in public I'm pretending I don't know her!

3. I love animals, but haven't been able to have a real pet in over 10 years. I want to cry (and have cried) whenever I see those heart-wrenching ASPCA and Humane Society commercials on TV.

You're never boring, Echo! Awww, that's so sweet! Are you allergic or just not in a place to have a pet right now?

You're never boring, Echo! Awww, that's so sweet! Are you allergic or just not in a place to have a pet right now?

We're not supposed to have pets here, but I'm bugging BF to let us try to convince the landlords to let us. Another thing, though, is that BF is allergic to cats and we both really want one.

We're not supposed to have pets here, but I'm bugging BF to let us try to convince the landlords to let us. Another thing, though, is that BF is allergic to cats and we both really want one.

Oh that's easy to get around :) If you get a note from your doctor your apt HAS to allow it. Just get a hairless cat, they're a bit evil looking but... well... nevermind, don't get one of those, they're really evil looking.

1. I know this may be hard to believe, as I have social anxiety, but I was a semi-finalist for the first season of Big Brother. If I had been a finalist, I would have been in a constant state of panic on the show. Good think I didn't make it. :lol:

2. I used to be a gamer. D&D, Vampire: The Masquerade, etc.

3. I love peanut butter cups.

4. I played Maria in The Sound of Music over 10 years ago for a local drama group. It was the first and only time I ever wore a wedding dress.

5. I would have rather played Maria in West Side Story. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
  • My favorite color is green.
  • I want to move to San Francisco in the worst way!
  • I like everything around me to be clean and organized.
  • I've been with my boyfriend for 12 years and I love him to death! We have no plans to marry and I see nothing wrong that. Wish my friends and family agreed.
  • I'm obsessed with pajamas! I own over 20 pajama pants and they all have their own tank top to match. I wear a different pair to bed every night.

• I've been with my boyfriend for 12 years and I love him to death! We have no plans to marry and I see nothing wrong that. Wish my friends and family agreed.

Me too! BF and I have been together for 12 years, and my family is always pressuring us to get married and have kids. We have no intention to get married anytime soon, and if we ever did it would be more for practical reasons than anything else. The idea of a wedding and getting married makes me feel sick.

Here are five more facts about yours truly:

• I am allergic to acorns. This proves problematic, as most of my furniture is made from acorn pulp and my diet largely consists of, you've guessed it, acorns! doh.gif
  • Simon, my left knee, is currently having a crisis of faith after watching a past episode of Britain's Got Talent.
  • Everything I write is a lie.
  • Especially that last fact.
  • When in Rome, I do as the Romans do and set about conquering the world and bringing religion to the barbarous hoards on the outlying regions.
  • Standing at six feet tall, I am entered into the Guinness Book of Records as being the tallest midget that's ever lived.

There you go. I'd better get back to me beans...mocking.gif